2013 NHL Mock Draft : Lottery
I saw a post on another thread in which the poster cliamed he had used mathematics to predict what the possible 2013 league wide NHL Draft Lottery would look like and here's the top five he came up with:
I don't disagree or agree with this order because anything can happen, but I do disagree with what the replies were to which player would go where in that top 5. So, I crunched some of these prospects numbers (stats, size, potential depth chart position etc..) and I've come up with my 5 players based off of this top 5.
1. Avalanche : Seth Jones (With so many young forwards in the organization they won't pass up the chance to get one of the best, or the best, d-man to be drafted in the last five years. He will help everything on that team right away because he's a two way, all around ind of guy that could seriously help the Av's)
2. Toronto : Nathan Mackinnon (Won't pass up)
3. Anaheim : Jonathan Drouin (Sure it might be a little surprising to see Anaheim take him so high but he's probably the second or maybe third best forward in this Draft and Anaheim wont look to far past him at #3)
4.Calgary: Sean Monahan (After last years draft where the Flames took a gamble with Prep School superstar Mark Jankowski, I think they'll play it safe this year with Ottawa 67's forward Sean Monahan. They get some of the size they need - 6'2, 186 pounds - and possibly that #1 centre)
5. Philadelphia: Nikita Zadorov (Although this will surprise some, you can't go wrong with a d-man who's 6'5, 230 pounds and puts up 11 points through 29 games with the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League and after last draft where the Flyers took an all around centre in Scott Laughton, I think they'll take this beast on the blue line.
Not bad but a few things.
1. Anaheim will take Barkov IMO if he is on the board. The kid is a big center something that organization needs and is the third best player in the draft (Could be the best to come out of it.)
2. Philly I feel would take Pulock over Zadorov. Nothing against Zadorov but Pulock seems to be the higher rated D man (Besides Jones.)
1. I can totally agree with them taking Barkov because he really is a fantastic player but i felt that they would go with Drouin because he was something that only a few players ever have; he can change a games path in a second with one simple play. And if Barkov were to slip outside my top 5, he'd be taken at six by Colombus (thats who I have slated at 6 if there's a league wide lottery)
2. I felt that Zadarov's frame would be more attractive to Philly.
Add Barkov to that group and it becomes real solid. Besides, Anaheim loves big forwards. Check. Drouin may be a very prolific scorer, but that's in a junior league. Barkov is a prolific scorer in a European professional league. I'm sorry, but as good as Drouin is, I think if Barkov is available to the Ducks come draft day, it wouldn't take long for them to get up on the podium and call his name.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.