HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Pavel Kubina (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1301715)

Raiderman74 12-05-2012 02:18 PM

Pavel Kubina

Just a quick question for ya'll. Say the season does start soon, what would people think if Ottawa signed Kubina on a 1 or 2 year contract. I super stoked for the season as I thought Cowen was going to really establish himself this year.

Obviously, he won't be playing this year and I feel that leaves the defence with a huge hole on the 2nd pairing. Would Kubina be a suitable replace to fill a hole just for the season?

SenzZen 12-05-2012 02:19 PM

He's really lost a step over the last couple of years. I'd much rather give the minutes to someone in the system.

benjiv1 12-05-2012 02:23 PM

Trade Anderson for Hjarmlsson and ride out Lehner.

Lehner gets pro experience and doesn't have the pressure of a full season on his back.

If it backfires we get a good pick in a deep draft.

Lehner will get a chance to start for Ottawa, might as well trade Anderson when his value is high.

PS- no to kubina

Marvelous Manked 12-05-2012 02:23 PM

Slow as molasses last year.

Not really interested. Not opposed to a 1 year contract, definitely turned off by a 2 year.

General Granny* 12-05-2012 02:28 PM

Give the spot to one of the kids.
We also signed Lundin this year, if fully healthy he could give you a solid 17-20 minutes on the ice like he did in Tampa.

Karlsson- Methot
Philips- Gonchar
Lundin- Weircioch
Borocop

If we do suck, so what its a shortened season and might get a top 10 pick out of this deep draft.

saskriders 12-05-2012 02:42 PM

What about a one year to Spacek or Commodore

Marvelous Manked 12-05-2012 02:53 PM

Are those jokes Sask? Especially the Commodore part?

SixthSens 12-05-2012 02:54 PM

I say promote someone from Bingo.

MainDotC 12-05-2012 02:56 PM

If Phillips goes down to an injury Eckford would be the appropriate defencive defenceman to take his spot, albeit a journeyman.

SenzZen 12-05-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 56268255)

****ing this

wubwubwubwub 12-05-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 56268255)

Actually, Commodore is much more realistic than Spacek, seeing as Spacek retired. Amazingly, he picked most probably the least likely NHL player to sign with us, and then subsequently picked an even less likely player.

SenzZen 12-05-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion (Post 56268631)
Actually, Commodore is much more realistic than Spacek, seeing as Spacek retired. Amazingly, he picked most probably the least likely NHL player to sign with us, and then subsequently picked an even less likely player.

No, I'd still wager a retired Spacek being signed before the Commode.

God Says No 12-05-2012 03:09 PM

yeah, i'm with the rest here and no to any free agents mentioned here. and pro for letting one of the kids/ahl guys get a crack.

ATdaisuki 12-05-2012 03:15 PM

why are people so intent on trading andy? he's such a boss back there. he seems so vocal with the defense and i'm sure lehner would benefit from learning from andy. we have andy long term, and i don't see bish being better than andy. sure it's bad asset management, but i wouldn't be sad with letting bishop walk.
as for kubina, i'd rather see what wier can do.

saskriders 12-05-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion (Post 56268631)

i.e. No free agent defencemen left worth pursuing

Do Make Say Think 12-05-2012 03:21 PM

He's done like dinner

Philadelphia trading for him as a real head scratcher

Holdurbreathe 12-05-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 56268341)
If Phillips goes down to an injury Eckford would be the appropriate defencive defenceman to take his spot, albeit a journeyman.

Doesn't Eckford play on the right side?

If so then Boro or Weircoich would be more likely candidates as injury callups for Phillips don't you think?

Benny FTW 12-05-2012 04:10 PM

Kubina sucks. Just give the minutes to someone in the organization that deserves it.

ReginKarlssonLehner 12-05-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 56268341)

Looooooool, come on main. Eckford is anything but a defensive defense man. The guy makes a bone-headed move almost every game. The guy is below average defensively.

OmniSens 12-05-2012 04:33 PM

I wouldn't have much problem with signing Kubina. But like the above has noted, I'd rather give a chance to promoting a Bingo D Man.

edit: Never mind. Forgot he was in his mid 30's.

PatrickEaves 12-05-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjiv1 (Post 56267263)
Trade Anderson for Hjarmlsson and ride out Lehner.

Lehner gets pro experience and doesn't have the pressure of a full season on his back.

If it backfires we get a good pick in a deep draft.

Lehner will get a chance to start for Ottawa, might as well trade Anderson when his value is high.

PS- no to kubina

Remember when people were talking about a Smith for Hjalmarsson trade over the summer?

Anderson has to have way more value than Smith. Just goes to show how off some of our trade proposals are. :D

ReginKarlssonLehner 12-05-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrePetersson (Post 56272857)
Remember when people were talking about a Smith for Hjalmarsson trade over the summer?

Anderson has to have way more value than Smith. Just goes to show how off some of our trade proposals are. :D

For Chicago he might as well have much more.

Lenny the Lynx 12-05-2012 09:11 PM

I think we need to add someone. The bingo guys seem ok but pretty optimistic to think they can fill all our needs, especially considering there will be injuries.

newerabegins 12-05-2012 09:12 PM

methot-karlsson
wiercoch-gonchar
lundin-phillips

id like to try that!! assuming gonchar comes back.. he could teach wiercoch a thing or two and maybe it could work out

BonkTastic 12-06-2012 12:37 AM

I'm not opposed to signing Kubina to a 1-year contract if the $$$ is low enough that if he legit loses the 6th D-spot to one of the Bingo boys, he can still have some value as a 7th defenceman.

Might as well have a vet as your 7th guy, adds to the leadership/dressing room/what-have-you.

... That's about as much as I'd endorse Kubina.