HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Lockout Thread 2: Deal reached in early morning hours (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1302391)

Cullksinikers 12-05-2012 11:44 PM

Lockout Thread 2: Deal reached in early morning hours

Looks like things are getting closer. Nothing is imminent, but more progress was done today in the last three months.

Get. It. Done.

Cullksinikers 12-05-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Kevin Allen ‏@ByKevinAllen
At 12:40 am, key source says negotiations have not lost steam. He said 2 sides remain at "serious" stage in trying to resolve differences
This is good stuff. I am not going to be a vampire and be up all night, but there's an update.

Hainsey says there is a plan and that the owners and players will meet tomorrow. I think a CBA will get done soon. It went from carefree feeling to total optimism.

Sir Psycho T 12-06-2012 01:25 AM

The details of todays discussion are coming out.

NHL offers to increase Make Whole from $211 million to $300 million, NHLPA asked for $383 million last proposal so this is in the middle and actually 6 million over the middle to the players side.

NHL offers to keep the UFA and Salary Arbitration rules the same as in the last CBA. 27 for UFA and 4 years as a pro.

NHL won't budge, yet, on 5 year limit of contracts, allowable for 7 year contracts for team to re-sign own player, similar to NBA teams allowed to pay more to own players, and 5% variance on contracts.

Also some blowups happened in the meetings, one in particular between Jacobs and Ryan Miller. As someone said, it was good to see Ryan Miller finally stand up to a Bruin.

All in all good signs, the NHL is willing to make some concessions, maybe the players can come up with contractual rules they like. Maybe a 7 year limit on deals and a 10% variance or something similar. Players need to realize contractual limits aren't just about them, there there so teams without the same $ have a fair shot to sign players. I like the ability for teams to sign their own players to longer contracts.

Bubba88 12-06-2012 05:33 AM

sounds good. Keep your fingers crossed

brtriad 12-06-2012 07:02 AM

I'm just attempting to put this out of mind until it actually goes through.

hockeydoug 12-06-2012 09:32 AM

Owners were willing to budge, I think that is far more significant than the absence of Don or Gary or the inspirational "bridging of the gap" by the PR conscious Penguins organization.

Illinihockey 12-06-2012 09:40 AM

I think this gets done tomorrow, season starts around Christmas

ndgt10 12-06-2012 10:42 AM

Excitement for hockey has dwindled overall.

Cullksinikers 12-06-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndgt10 (Post 56296763)
Excitement for hockey has dwindled overall.

I completely understand your lack of excitement. When all you do is predict losses, it's hard to look forward to games.

Chris Hansen 12-06-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 56297849)
I completely understand your lack of excitement. When all you do is predict losses, it's hard to look forward to games.

While I laughed at this because ndgt really is a bit absurdly negative sometimes, I don't necessarily disagree with him.

I've loved hockey for my whole life, was a diehard through the tough times just like most of us on here... and yet I find myself reacting to the recent "lockout might end soon" news with disdain and a good bit of apathy.

The fact that I've been reduced to such a detached state of mind disturbs me a bit. Not for personal reasons, but rather reasons related to the NHL's well-being... can't help but wonder what's going to happen to the league's popularity if even some of its most loyal fans are becoming apathetic.

Cullksinikers 12-06-2012 11:26 AM

I am not going to be heartbroken if there was no season or cry tears of joy. I, too, have been a little detached. However, the hockey fan in me will never waver. I'll be back watching 95 percent of the games and letting it hurt personally whenever they lose or help me personally when they win. The excitement for the NHL will be back once the blades hit the ice. No doubt.

coldsteelonice84 12-06-2012 11:26 AM

Yeah, that's why I don't want a season. I want something to come from this. I want the NHL to be torn down completely, stripped of its arrogance and rebuilt in the vein of kissing every fan's ass to get them to come out to the games and support the league both financially and with their time. Enough is enough.

Cullksinikers 12-06-2012 11:29 AM

I just want some hockey. I'm not one of these people who need hockey to fill my free time or anything like that, but in my opinion, it's the best sport to watch. This is the one sport in which I can watch any two teams square off and be interested. The NHL should always be an option, and it's an option I will always accept.

RayP 12-06-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hansen (Post 56298021)
While I laughed at this because ndgt really is a bit absurdly negative sometimes, I don't necessarily disagree with him.

I've loved hockey for my whole life, was a diehard through the tough times just like most of us on here... and yet I find myself reacting to the recent "lockout might end soon" news with disdain and a good bit of apathy.

The fact that I've been reduced to such a detached state of mind disturbs me a bit. Not for personal reasons, but rather reasons related to the NHL's well-being... can't help but wonder what's going to happen to the league's popularity if even some of its most loyal fans are becoming apathetic.

Pretty much how I feel as well. Seems they once every other week or so, they feed us some news that gives us hope, only to have it amount to nothing. If nothing comes of this news that has come out over the last ~24 hours, I am going to be so ****ing pissed to the point I won't even want to watch the NHL when it does come back....

Cullksinikers 12-06-2012 12:07 PM

If there is a full-season lockout, I am ALL for bandwagon fans from 2010 pissing off.

MurrayBannerman 12-06-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 56299505)
If there is a full-season lockout, I am ALL for bandwagon fans from 2010 pissing off.

No, thanks. I'd like to have money to pay 19, 88, 2, 7, etc...

Blackhawkswincup 12-06-2012 12:14 PM

NHLPA hardliners destroying all progress today

NHLPA if they walk away from this deal will never get a better one and the stars will be at war with majority of there union soon enough

Cullksinikers 12-06-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 56299713)
No, thanks. I'd like to have money to pay 19, 88, 2, 7, etc...

Well, if some go away, that's totally fine with me.

I just hate listening to them talk. You find yourself blown away that something you learned ages ago is something blowing their mind right now.

RayP 12-06-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 56299505)

Meh, who cares... the whole bandwagon thing is blown out of proportion and some people just need to relax.

Cullksinikers 12-06-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Chris Botta @ChrisBottaNHL
Player sources say they're determined to continue to negotiate for what's right. But there will be a deal and a season.
There's that.

Cullksinikers 12-06-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayP (Post 56299859)
Meh, who cares... the whole bandwagon thing is blown out of proportion and some people just need to relax.

Did you live in Chicago in 2010?

The bandwagoning was rather annoying, however, in no way, shape, or form did it hamper the pure joy and total satisfaction I got out of that season.

coldsteelonice84 12-06-2012 12:20 PM

The bandwagon thing pissed me off because it has raised prices. I'd like to see the popularity level out so they can't keep increasing tickets and beer while decreasing the quality of the experience.

Blackhawkswincup 12-06-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 56299905)
There's that.

That was from earlier before the progress began to die as the NHLPA hardliners began pushing NHL

And if the NHLPA negotiation committee doesn't accept deal there will be no vote so majority of opinion within union wont matter as they wont vote unless Fehr/leadership gives ok

Cullksinikers 12-06-2012 12:23 PM

The ideal situation is 21,000+ die-hards in the crowd each night, but that's not going to happen.

Still will never forget the girl who sat by me at a playoff game against Vancouver who thought Kane and Toews were so hot, then said "Why are they (Hawks) passing to no one?". They were dumping the puck. If my buddy and I had facepalmed any harder, we would have needed medical attention for fractured skulls.

Blackhawkswincup 12-06-2012 12:26 PM

Casual/bandwagon fans are something that is needed to both

- Grow sport
- Have financially viable franchise