HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Woo Hoo, hockey tonite at the phone booth (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1303729)

BTCG 12-06-2012 03:02 PM

Woo Hoo, hockey tonite at the phone booth

The Bears vs Admirals... but it's hockey, anyways. Anyone else goin? Come by 413 row c seats 5 & 6 and I'll buy a beer.

usiel 12-06-2012 03:15 PM

Got offered free tickets from a caps season ticket holder here at work but had to decline due to my rather late work schedule these days. Maybe if Hershey had a little better caps prospect swag it might have persuaded me.

Carlzner 12-06-2012 07:29 PM

Will it be on TV

Langway 12-06-2012 07:35 PM

On CSN now.

1-0 Admirals.

Carlzner 12-06-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langway (Post 56315869)
On CSN now.

1-0 Admirals.

Thanks, good to see this arena again.

CapitalsCupFantasy 12-06-2012 09:39 PM

My tickets are rotting away in the garbage....I stay home out of protest...

BTCG 12-07-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usiel (Post 56303967)
Got offered free tickets from a caps season ticket holder here at work but had to decline due to my rather late work schedule these days. Maybe if Hershey had a little better caps prospect swag it might have persuaded me.

You didn't miss much. I hadn't seen an AHL game since the last lockout (Portland Pirates), and was a bit shocked by some of the lazy play. Seemed to be a complete
lack of high-level skill. I came away thinking about how true something my old, late friend, John the Goon used to say:

"When you count the actual numbers, it really is a long-shot for any player other than a 1st rounder to make the NHL"

He was so right.

BTCG 12-07-2012 09:16 AM

Oh.... nice meeting the six of you who came by my section. Cost me a few bucks in beer, but well worth it to meet you guys!

Hopefully, the lockout will end sooner than later, and we can meet up for dinner at the Turtle, like we discussed.

frasnap 12-07-2012 09:38 AM

Does anyone know what happened with Orlov? I didn't see him on the ice for most of the second half of the game, but I don't see anything about it on the Bears site. I'm wondering if it was injury or benching.

Liberati0n* 12-07-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCG (Post 56334957)
Oh.... nice meeting the six of you who came by my section. Cost me a few bucks in beer, but well worth it to meet you guys!

Hopefully, the lockout will end sooner than later, and we can meet up for dinner at the Turtle, like we discussed.

How do you know Ted didn't send them over as spies?

brs03 12-07-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frasnap (Post 56335353)
Does anyone know what happened with Orlov? I didn't see him on the ice for most of the second half of the game, but I don't see anything about it on the Bears site. I'm wondering if it was injury or benching.

Upper body injury, French said postgame that he didn't think it was serious.

IkeaMonkey* 12-07-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy (Post 56322821)
My tickets are rotting away in the garbage....I stay home out of protest...

That'll show em!

Display your disgust even more for the National Hockey League by posting on a web forum for the National Hockey League!

BTCG 12-07-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonsofcain (Post 56335561)

Easy... if you're at the rink, and he has you targeted, he waits until you're walking in the concourse, and tackles you.

BTCG 12-07-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonsofcain (Post 56335561)

In all seriousness though,

If I'd have told you a few years ago that refs fix games, you'd have told me that I was crazy.

And yet, an NBA ref was caught red-handed doing this.

Ted and George met with us in 1999, and Ted asked us to post positive comments, only.

So, these things do occur.

BrooklynCapsFan 12-07-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DynamoAO (Post 56335795)
That'll show em!

Display your disgust even more for the National Hockey League by posting on a web forum for the National Hockey League!

I thought this was a Harry Potter fan fiction site?

CapitalsCupFantasy 12-07-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DynamoAO (Post 56335795)
That'll show em!

Silly rabbit....many Caps employees frequent this site.

IkeaMonkey* 12-07-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy (Post 56340847)

So what you are saying is, you are rattling your sabre to scare some interns into passing notes into Fat Ted's office to stop being the one who is keeping the players off the ice? You are like a modern day Rosa Parks.

CapitalsCupFantasy 12-07-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DynamoAO (Post 56341329)
So what you are saying is, you are rattling your sabre to scare some interns into passing notes into Fat Ted's office to stop being the one who is keeping the players off the ice? You are like a modern day Rosa Parks.

No, I simply stated I stayed home from the game. You assumed I was trying to make some statement that the team would hear. I could care less honestly. Sorry I couldn't make you waste more of your life here....maybe next topic.

IkeaMonkey* 12-07-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy (Post 56342611)
No, I simply stated I stayed home from the game. You assumed I was trying to make some statement that the team would hear. I could care less honestly. Sorry I couldn't make you waste more of your life here....maybe next topic.

I'm pretty sure you used the word "protest".

CapitalsCupFantasy 12-07-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DynamoAO (Post 56343027)
I'm pretty sure you used the word "protest".

And....

I protested with my empty seats 8 rows off the ice.... Stop making more of this than there is.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 12-07-2012 03:16 PM

Was good to get the hockey fix in.

If Orlov doesn't get significant PP time when the Caps start playing again, it'll be a travesty. He looked fantastic at the top of Hershey's umbrella setup. Shame he didn't finish the game.

I protested by not buying any stadium concessions. But that's a normal protest for me, so I didn't really make a dent. Oh well.

BTCG 12-07-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy (Post 56340847)

You're probably right... it's all my imagination that many are trying to use the internet to strategically influence people.

Twitter, Facebook, etc, etc, are all sites that nobody uses.

Who tries to use social networking?

I apologize for suggesting the idea.

BTCG 12-07-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz (Post 56344737)
Was good to get the hockey fix in.

If Orlov doesn't get significant PP time when the Caps start playing again, it'll be a travesty. He looked fantastic at the top of Hershey's umbrella setup. Shame he didn't finish the game.

I protested by not buying any stadium concessions. But that's a normal protest for me, so I didn't really make a dent. Oh well.

I'd like more physical play from him. Didn't see much last night.

BTCG 12-07-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy (Post 56343129)
And....

I protested with my empty seats 8 rows off the ice.... Stop making more of this than there is.

Thought you told me once that you were in row H, in 416?

Edit: I do rely on memory... I do not Google things, and then post. So... I do make mistakes. If I am remembering incorrectly, I apologize, although I think I'm right: you did say that.

You could have moved, of course.