HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Stl & phi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1303781)

Yourself 12-06-2012 03:36 PM

Stl & phi

Alright, simple value of thread. In no way do I see this occurring, but I was wondering what people thought of it in terms of value. Who adds in anyone and how much?

To Philadelphia:

Vladimir Tarasenko

To St. Louis:

Sean Couturier

Couturier showed a ton of promise last season and even if his offense does not improve he will be a solid defensive forward for years. Tarasenko has elite offensive potential, but being a prospect is still a risk.

CarvinSigX 12-06-2012 03:38 PM

Probably pretty close, but like you said, neither team does it.

bleedblue1223 12-06-2012 03:44 PM

We need a goal scorer more, but value is pretty much the same. Both are happy with what they have.

MattyMo35 12-06-2012 03:47 PM

Value's close, but I don't see the motivation for either team to do it. I'm sure you could make a case for either player holding more value than the other, but I think it's pretty even. Just doesn't make sense. The Blues need a pure scorer more than a two way forward.

LetsGoFlyers1825 12-06-2012 03:48 PM

Value wise sure. However, we lack forwards who can play defense, and Couturier has already excelled at that at an early age. But with any possible proposal of a goal scorer coming to the Flyers, the thought of them on Giroux's wing is tempting.

TheJuxtaposer 12-06-2012 03:54 PM

Seems pretty fair from an outside perspective.

Vankiller Whale 12-06-2012 03:57 PM

It looks fair, and technically helps out both teams(giving St. Louis a high-end defensive top-6 centre and clearing Philly's glut of centres(Giroux-Briere-Schenn-Couturier) and replacing him with a high end winger. However I think both teams would be more comfortable going with their own oung stud.

Dolph Ziggler 12-06-2012 04:04 PM

The value is pretty good, but I just want to see the Tank in the blue note.

rumrokh 12-06-2012 05:00 PM

If Couturier were a better bet to be a high end offensive player, especially one that will a big contributor in the next few years, the Blues do this. However, he'd step in as a bottom-6 center, as Backes and Berglund are both very good defensively and are currently better offensively. Tarasenko, on the other hand, could step in and be their most dangerous right wing.

In a few years, Couturier could be more valuable to the Blues, but I think the risk is too high to bother now.

MastuhNinks 12-06-2012 05:14 PM

I don't understand... The Blues are already very good defensively up front and the Flyers certainly don't need any help putting pucks in the net. It seems both teams are adding to current strengths by getting rid of players that could help address current weaknesses.

ExJbeck 12-06-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MastuhNinks (Post 56311103)
I don't understand... The Blues are already very good defensively up front and the Flyers certainly don't need any help putting pucks in the net. It seems both teams are adding to current strengths by getting rid of players that could help address current weaknesses.

Exactly but the value is pretty fair.

flyershockey 12-06-2012 06:08 PM

Value is good for both teams, but I don't see either team accepting it. The Blues need some game-breakers, and Tarasenko can provide that. Couturier would look great on that team, but they have a lot of guys in the same mold. The Flyers need Couturier to be the shutdown second line guy that can play against guys like Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos, and Tavares going forward. Tarasenko would be awesome to watch play, but they need Couturier more.

laundryman 12-06-2012 06:44 PM

Like everyone has said, value is good but I don't see why either team does this. Flyers have plenty of offense and want to hang onto what good defense they have and the Blues have plenty of 2 ways guys and want to hang onto the potential for high scoring they have.

SLAPSHOT723 12-06-2012 07:01 PM

I think Tarasenko's offensive potential is much higher than Couturier's. Neither team should do this.

Mike Liut 12-07-2012 11:12 PM

Blues say no. Tarasenko is going to be the dynamic goal scorer the Blues lack. His grit will fit in perfectly with the Blues.

SteenMachine 12-08-2012 01:56 PM

If the Blues didn't have Backes they'd probably think much harder about this, but Tarasenko is a top line talent they've needed for a while with Stewart regressing and others just not breaking out past 50pt seasons.

96 12-09-2012 11:19 AM

I would consider this deal from a Flyers' standpoint. We are a bit flush with centers at the moment - Giroux, Briere, Schenn, Couturier, Talbot.

Leaf Rocket 12-09-2012 11:27 AM

I can see this happening but its very likely each team would like to keep their players.