HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Season Tickets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1303819)

Kinsler532 12-06-2012 05:06 PM

Season Tickets

How many people are considering dropping their season tickets beause they are fed up with this lockout?

dugman 12-06-2012 05:40 PM

Seventeen.

ZZamboni 12-06-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinsler532 (Post 56310777)
How many people are considering dropping their season tickets beause they are fed up with this lockout?

Possible responses ...

I will not pay for another ticket! (Until they start playing again)

I am done with the NHL! (Until the lockout is over)

I will give up my season tickets, when I can't afford them, or move out of the area, or hate the sport.

Once someone cancels their season tickets, there's a great chance you won't have another chance to buy seasons again for 10+ years. This is the second lockout I'm experiencing being a STH. I accept the risk and roll with it. No need to huff and puff and stomp my feet and threaten to cancel my tickets.

UncleBenny 12-06-2012 08:47 PM

Hopefully I dont sound like a jerk asking this, but are you guys actually expected to pay for tickets with no refund even if they don't play a game this season? That's ridiculous if thats how out works.

ZZamboni 12-06-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleBenny (Post 56323219)
Hopefully I dont sound like a jerk asking this, but are you guys actually expected to pay for tickets with no refund even if they don't play a game this season? That's ridiculous if thats how out works.

Unless next seasons ticket prices increase, the money I paid in full before October, will pay for next season instead. I opted to keep my money with the Sabres. And in turn I get a percentage put on my SabreBucks card on top of them already giving me a percentage of what I paid on my SabreBucks card. I could have opted to withdraw the money I paid, but didn't want to. It is not a "hey we have your money muah ha ha ha!"

SackTastic 12-06-2012 09:18 PM

I've already paid my money to be on the waiting list, and it's not refundable.

At this point, whenever my number comes up, I'll make a decision. If the league can show me by then that it can operate without a lockout every few years, I'll consider ponying up the money. If they can't, I'll find somewhere else to spend my entertainment dollars.

joshjull 12-06-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZamboni (Post 56317105)
Possible responses ...

I will not pay for another ticket! (Until they start playing again)

I am done with the NHL! (Until the lockout is over)

I will give up my season tickets, when I can't afford them, or move out of the area, or hate the sport.

Once someone cancels their season tickets, there's a great chance you won't have another chance to buy seasons again for 10+ years. This is the second lockout I'm experiencing being a STH. I accept the risk and roll with it. No need to huff and puff and stomp my feet and threaten to cancel my tickets.

What he said

Kinsler532 12-06-2012 11:35 PM

I only ask becuase if anyone is fed up and looking to get rid of theirs for this season if they play i would be willing to buy them depending on the price..

cardiffgiant 12-07-2012 03:29 PM

I'll keep buying seasons until I can't sell the games that I can't or don't want to go to. Once I end up getting stuck with tickets I'll switch to a 10 pack.

it's not like the season ticket payments are non-refundable. If you've paid in full the team is either giving interest in the form of Sabres bucks or refunding you for unplayed games.

I did the Sabres direct plan this year and they stopped taking payments after September. If they play a partial season, they'll collect the difference that is owed. If they cancel, they'll give the option of refunding or rolling the balance to the next season. To me, this is a bigger version of what they do for prepayments for (potential) playoff games at the end of the season. Really no big deal.

Bosswally 12-08-2012 10:22 PM

no one is giving up their tickets because they know it will take years to get them again