HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: JT Miller (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1303881)

Kris Chreider 12-06-2012 07:05 PM

JT Miller

What pieces could Miller fetch that would put the Rangers over the hump? Him, Kreider, McIlrath, and Thomas are really our only futures that we could move for decent value right now. A very good 3C or a RH PMD would be best.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 12-06-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 56317809)
What pieces could Miller fetch that would put the Rangers over the hump? Him, Kreider, McIlrath, and Thomas are really our only futures that we could move for decent value right now. A very good 3C or a RH PMD would be best.

A good 3C to replace another good 3C in Boyle?

JT's just another "good" prospect in the league who doesn't hold much value by himself. His potential value with this organization is more valuable than his actual market value.

Exit Dose 12-06-2012 07:22 PM

Miller isn't worth much at this point in time.

Lonewolfe2015 12-06-2012 07:26 PM

How's John Mitchell sound? ;)

Punxrocknyc19* 12-06-2012 07:40 PM

I'd deal Miller for another first round pick in his same draft year. Other than that I'd rather keep him... I'd rather trade Boyle and have Miller replace him

Richiebottles 12-07-2012 09:26 PM

Blake Geoffrion ?

Kershaw 12-07-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richiebottles (Post 56357515)
Blake Geoffrion ?

lol.

Terrible offer.

Kershaw 12-07-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 56320183)
I'd deal Miller for another first round pick in his same draft year. Other than that I'd rather keep him... I'd rather trade Boyle and have Miller replace him

This doesn't really make sense. Miller has progressed fine for 2 yrs and unless they find a player they really like, it seems illogical to throw two development years away of one of the top prospects.

KingCanadain1976 12-07-2012 09:55 PM

David Kolomatis from the kings fits your requirements As right handed pp guy lead the monarch defenseman with 5 pp goals. I doubt you make the trade thou

Richiebottles 12-07-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 56357553)
lol.

Terrible offer.

I can always wish.... :(

I didnt want the Habs to pick him but I have come to realize that he will probably be a pretty solid player.

Good 2 way 2nd line center IMO.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 12-08-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richiebottles (Post 56357515)
Blake Geoffrion ?

Nah. And I like Blake :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 56320183)

That's just silly..

The Saurus 12-08-2012 09:35 AM

He has very little value as a stand-alone piece until he plays in the NHL. He's not a blue-chip piece by any means.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-08-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 56319081)

10 points in 21 games in the AHL. 6'2 195. Won't turn twenty until the end of March. Nobody would want a player like that in their farm system.

bernmeister 12-08-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 56317809)

Miller is not untouchable a la Kreider, but I don't want to move him unless it's a certain upgrade. We do have other futures, but unless the offer is exceptional, most of them will increase in value, and be worth more whether traded or kept, if they improve on our farm.

Miller was a mid first, and I like what value we landed there.
Even if we halved that to an 7th overall, approx., we still couldn't be certain to get can't miss value for him; and we would lose the time put in on Miller and the the time developing the replacement.

On top of that, while it appears he is a notch below Hagelin/Kreider, he is a fast skating F, well suited to center either w/Callahan. The rest of his game remains to be seen, and proven once he is given a chance for that; but I consider him better for us at 2C than Stepan, especially looking long term and not just his rookie season with Stepan's experience.

I'm in minority, but I continue with what I have said: we don't give away Stepan for nothing, but if Miller is a better fit w/two fast Ws, and he is, and Miller is even close, and we think we is, then can maybe gamble and move Stepan.

Kane One 12-08-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 56319081)

Why the hell not?