HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Illegal Curve - TSN 1290: Statement from Winnipeg Jets Governor Mark Chipman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1303905)

ICdave 12-06-2012 07:54 PM

Statement from Winnipeg Jets Governor Mark Chipman

http://illegalcurve.com/wp-content/u...TS-300x200.jpg

Mark Chipman, Chairman and Governor of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club, today issued the following statement:

“I’d like to thank the NHL for giving me the opportunity to participate in this very important process.

I came here optimistic that we could find a solution. That sense of optimism grew after our first few sessions, including the small group discussions late last night.

Regrettably, we have been unable to close the divide on some critical issues that we feel are essential to the immediate and long-term health of our game.

While I sense there are some members of the players association that understand our perspective on these issues, clearly there are many that don’t.

I am deeply disappointed that we were unable to bring this extremely unfortunate situation to a successful conclusion and I wish to apologize to our fans and sponsors for letting them down.”

Concordski 12-06-2012 07:59 PM

I get that it is the Governor's job to dislike the Union, but I find that language way too accusatory. :shakehead

Oh well, Michigan has their best College Basketball team in 20 years, I shouldn't let this NHL/NHLPA garbage get me down...

I do miss the Jets though.

jimmycrackcorn 12-06-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel (Post 56320963)
I get that it is the Governor's job to dislike the Union, but I find that language way too accusatory. :shakehead

What the **** are you talking about? Accusatory? How about the hard truth. Some players can't handle the truth.

Concordski 12-06-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn (Post 56321335)
What the **** are you talking about? Accusatory? How about the hard truth. Some players can't handle the truth.

You refer to the union as a whole, when you get down to individuals you make them less likely to work to fix things. Tanenbaum's statement was more blunt, but less accusatory.

ps241 12-06-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel (Post 56321747)
You refer to the union as a whole, when you get down to individuals you make them less likely to work to fix things. Tanenbaum's statement was more blunt, but less accusatory.

Seems pretty tame no?

Concordski 12-06-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps241 (Post 56323817)
Seems pretty tame no?

I prefer what Tanenbaum said as he wasn't explicitly referring to individuals, I bet John Q. Unionboss would too. Yet, Tanenbaum was also more explicit about his disappointment, so it's not like Chipman needed to say what he said to be blunt.

Chipman seems to want to make this personal, which isn't good for anybody.

ps241 12-06-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel (Post 56324635)
I prefer what Tanenbaum said as he wasn't explicitly referring to individuals, I bet John Q. Unionboss would too. Yet, Tanenbaum was also more explicit about his disappointment, so it's not like Chipman needed to say what he said to be blunt.

Chipman seems to want to make this personal, which isn't good for anybody.

perhaps but on balance this owner groups comments (including Mark's) seem pretty tame compared to allot what I have seen put out there from both sides. He apologized for letting us down so he is taking some accountability for his actions as well IMHO

Jaffray15 12-06-2012 09:40 PM

Anybody who thinks Chipman doesn't care about the fans is crazy. He wanted to bring back the NHL here for the city, not just himself.

I'm sure he didn't expect the new Jets to be so profitable the first year, but you have to love his passion.

Puckschmuck* 12-06-2012 09:40 PM

Damn. So much for this "renewed optimism" crap the media has been feeding us for the last 48 hours.

Huffer 12-06-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps241 (Post 56325441)
perhaps but on balance this owner groups comments (including Mark's) seem pretty tame compared to allot what I have seen put out there from both sides. He apologized for letting us down so he is taking some accountability for his actions as well IMHO

Agreed. There is nothing in this response that is accusatory in any way.

Samcanadian 12-07-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffer (Post 56326029)
Agreed. There is nothing in this response that is accusatory in any way.

Yeah, but I wish you wouldn't make your post about it so accusatory. You're trying to say that DanielBryanRoleModel is out of line? Huh? Huh?

Paradise 12-07-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

"While I sense there are some members of the players association that understand our perspective on these issues, clearly there are many that donít."
I don't really think this part of the quote was necessary. I like the quote otherwise.

jetkarma 12-07-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradise (Post 56337835)
I don't really think this part of the quote was necessary. I like the quote otherwise.

I believe it is totally pertinent , and was included because it is.

Grind 12-07-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetkarma (Post 56341103)

I don't see how people disliked this, if anything this read to me like an olive branch to the players. It essentially said, were dissapointed in what you as whole entity brought back to us, but we don't blame you all. Rather then saying, all of you have just pissed us off, it says "some of you are really pissing us off" which to me is totally reasonable.

based on some of the quote coming out (ex: adrian dater) it sounds like he's right too.

Guardian17 12-07-2012 01:00 PM

I am proud to have an owner like Mark Chipman!

TroubaFan1 12-07-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

I totally agree. Just a jab for no real reason.

scelaton 12-07-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 (Post 56347045)
I totally agree. Just a jab for no real reason.

Chipman would never take a jab for no reason on a matter like this.
The message is, 'I'm not blaming all of the PA members, but, without naming names, the people who are scuttling this must be held accountable for the consequences.'
His words were quite restrained but the message was clear. It would be irresponsible not to send it, IMO.

Grind 12-07-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scelaton (Post 56348521)
Chipman would never take a jab for no reason on a matter like this.
The message is, 'I'm not blaming all of the PA members, but, without naming names, the people who are scuttling this must be held accountable for the consequences.'
His words were quite restrained but the message was clear. It would be irresponsible not to send it, IMO.

Yah i agree with you scelaton, I think those who are taking issue with it are reading it the wrong way... I think it's not supposed to be "i'm blaming specific individuals and they know who they are" , more like "i know your not all bad guys but this is disappointing"

Huffer 12-07-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samcanadian (Post 56337451)
Yeah, but I wish you wouldn't make your post about it so accusatory. You're trying to say that DanielBryanRoleModel is out of line? Huh? Huh?

People going out of their way to find negativity either in the lockout, young players, prospects, etc, is just starting to get ridiculous.

Paradise 12-07-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetkarma (Post 56341103)

You're entitled to your opinion. I still don't believe it was necessary IMO.

King Woodballs 12-07-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

It is completely warranted because it is 100% true

Paradise 12-07-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffer (Post 56351301)
People going out of their way to find negativity either in the lockout, young players, prospects, etc, is just starting to get ridiculous.

Just because someone thinks differently than yourself, doesn't mean it's negative Huffer. Us fans aren't always going to agree on everything and that's part of the draw of this board, difference in opinions and the freedom to express them. I personally say what I believe and if that doesn't go with the norm, then so be it. I like my individuality. In my life I tell it like I see it, no sugar coating, just my own perception from trying to see all sides of the puzzle. That's not to say that's how you should or shouldn't see things, it's just my personal line of thinking. I don't think inside a box, outside the box, because to me there is no box at all. It's just a perception of one's reality and they are entitled to that as humans. I don't want you to think that I'm singling you out, but I thought your message was looking for a reply of some sort and decided that I'd try my best to give that to you, from my own line of thinking. I hope that this clears things up about my views on some of the subjects that you mentioned:).

Paradise 12-07-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 56353035)
It is completely warranted because it is 100% true

It may be true and Im not disagreeing with it, but I don't think it was helpful towards negotiations in any form. I don't see a point in putting a positive spin on it.

King Woodballs 12-07-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradise (Post 56353241)
It may be true and Im not disagreeing with it, but I don't think it was helpful towards negotiations in any form. I don't see a point in putting a positive spin on it.

You are probably correct, that is isn't very productive.
But I don`t have an issue that it was said.

The owners haven`t (been allowed) to say what they want.
It`s about time a few of them got to speak their piece.

Huffer 12-07-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradise (Post 56353115)
Just because someone thinks differently than yourself, doesn't mean it's negative Huffer. Us fans aren't always going to agree on everything and that's part of the draw of this board, difference in opinions and the freedom to express them. I personally say what I believe and if that doesn't go with the norm, then so be it. I like my individuality. In my life I tell it like I see it, no sugar coating, just my own perception from trying to see all sides of the puzzle. That's not to say that's how you should or shouldn't see things, it's just my personal line of thinking. I don't think inside a box, outside the box, because to me there is no box at all. It's just a perception of one's reality and they are entitled to that as humans. I don't want you to think that I'm singling you out, but I thought your message was looking for a reply of some sort and decided that I'd try my best to give that to you, from my own line of thinking. I hope that this clears things up about my views on some of the subjects that you mentioned:).

That's 100% not what I am saying. I have NEVER said that if someone doesn't think the same as myself, or with the norm that that is being negative, or that they are wrong.

But, there is a major difference in not seeing things the same way and having rational, logical discussions on the merits of each position, and just posting negative comments and positions day after day.

Eg.

"Player X doesn't look like he's playing good to me. (insert rational argument here to back up statement)."

to

"Player X is garbage. Can't believe that TNSE drafted this guy, what a joke of an organization. Player X should be cut tomorrow."

I agree that discussion is the best part of the board. But the second opinion elicits no discussion, just a negative dump on the player / org/ coaching staff / whatever.

I was a huge (and still am I guess) fan of Stuart last year. Loved what he brought to the team. But after seeing some of Garret's analysis and seeing how effective he really was has changed my position somewhat.

Now if someone just decides to post "Stuart suxors, we should trade him for a bag of pucks," that doesn't seem to create a very constructive dialog.

All I am saying is that it seems like we see a lot more of the second type of statements from some and not the first. Basically being negative for negativity's sake.

That's how I see things anyway.