HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Hawks-Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1304305)

coldsteelonice84 12-07-2012 02:10 PM

Hawks-Avalanche
 
:hawks
Ryan O'Reilly

:avs
Nick Leddy

Vankiller Whale 12-07-2012 02:13 PM

I think the Avs say no rather easily. ROR is likely their most untouchable centre right now.

coldsteelonice84 12-07-2012 02:14 PM

Even if he is gone for a year or more because of his new contract, we'll deal with it.

jpchabby 12-07-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56344647)
I think the Avs say no rather easily. ROR is likely their most untouchable centre right now.

indeed. I don't think they'd trade him against pretty much anything.

Unless it's an overpayment of course...

Sevanston 12-07-2012 02:21 PM

I can't see the Avs ever trading ROR any more than I see the Hawks ever trading Patrick Sharp.

Not that they're similar players. Just that while their play on-ice is important to their team, they hold such a tremendous off-ice significance to everyone in the organization that no one would want to pull the trigger on that trade.

coldsteelonice84 12-07-2012 02:23 PM

This is based on the contract dispute between him and the Avs. If the Avs don't want to pay him what he wants, we'll give them a good young D-man for him and pay ROR the money he wants.

Lonewolfe2015 12-07-2012 02:25 PM

Couldn't even wait a day, could you?

No. Easily.

There is no contract dispute.

coldsteelonice84 12-07-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 56345111)
Couldn't even wait a day, could you?

Nope, I love ROR's game, would love to have him in Chicago and think he is worth every penny of what he wants. You don't play hardball with a core player like that.

Avs44 12-07-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 56345253)
Nope, I love ROR's game, would love to have him in Chicago and think he is worth every penny of what he wants. You don't play hardball with a core player like that.

Well, right now the entire "contract dispute" has no basis. Let's see what happens after the lockout before we speculate. Until something with a little more merit comes out, he won't be traded

Freudian 12-07-2012 02:45 PM

Both sides agreed to postpone negotiations until the CBA was in place and it was done a long time before the CBA expired. It's not like they were trying to get it done and ran out of time.

While I'm sure they can't agree on either salary or contract length, there is no reason to assume it's going to be a big problem once NHL starts up again.

Lonewolfe2015 12-07-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 56345253)
Nope, I love ROR's game, would love to have him in Chicago and think he is worth every penny of what he wants. You don't play hardball with a core player like that.

So a bunch of Avs fans overreact to him signing a lockout contract and we're suddenly playing hardball with him and should trade him to Chicago where he won't be under appreciated.

Do you see how silly you seem right now?

coldsteelonice84 12-07-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 56346409)
So a bunch of Avs fans overreact to him signing a lockout contract and we're suddenly playing hardball with him and should trade him to Chicago where he won't be under appreciated.

Do you see how silly you seem right now?

I'm just going off the 2 year deal as I understand it. That states, "It is not a negotiation anymore. You sign me for a contract that pays me X or I'll get it from Magnitogorsk" It's not out of line to think the Avs will not want to be bullied like that, given their history.

PAZ 12-07-2012 03:05 PM

Even if there was a contract dispute between management and Radar, we'd be able to get a better deal than this. Every team wants a player like him, and Leddy doesn't even fit our needs.

Freudian 12-07-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 56346513)
I'm just going off the 2 year deal as I understand it. That states, "It is not a negotiation anymore. You sign me for a contract that pays me X or I'll get it from Magnitogorsk" It's not out of line to think the Avs will not want to be bullied like that, given their history.

It's wild speculation. You don't know anything about how negotiations between Avs and O'Reilly went, you don't know what was offered. You don't even know what he is earning in KHL.

tsujimoto74 12-07-2012 03:10 PM

If the Avs do end up deciding to trade ROR when the lockout ends, what would they be looking for in return (D? Wingers? Prospects/picks?)? I'm sure Buffalo would have interest in him.

cgf 12-07-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 56346807)
If the Avs do end up deciding to trade ROR when the lockout ends, what would they be looking for in return (D? Wingers? Prospects/picks?)? I'm sure Buffalo would have interest in him.

A young #1 LHD to play with EJ or a young elite first line goal scorer plus a pick.

Vankiller Whale 12-07-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 56347831)
A young #1 LHD to play with EJ or a young elite first line goal scorer plus a pick.

Seeing as ROR isn't elite, how do you figure an elite player+?

Descendent* 12-07-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 56344553)
:hawks
Ryan O'Reilly

:avs
Nick Leddy

No, defense wins championships. Hawks just need consistent goaltending to compliment their explosive offense.

inthewings 12-07-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 56347831)
A young #1 LHD to play with EJ or a young elite first line goal scorer plus a pick.

So you're going to move a player in a contract dispute for a superior player plus a pick?

Avs71 12-07-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 56347831)
A young #1 LHD to play with EJ or a young elite first line goal scorer plus a pick.

Just the young LHD defenceman who could play first pairing would do. Not that I'd do it, but I feel like a Del Zotto-O'Reilly makes a lot of sense.

Top 6 Spaling 12-07-2012 05:30 PM

No way the Avs do the original deal. ROR would be a perfect addition as the Hawks #2C though.

On a side note, would Avs fans like a deal around ROR and Roman Josi? Young LHD who played on the Preds 2nd pairing as a rookie. Trotz said over the summer that when the lockout ended, Josi would be with Weber on our 1st pairing to replace Suter. He is my favorite Pred, so I'm not sure I do it, but I think it's an interesting talking point.

Ceremony 12-07-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 56346807)
If the Avs do end up deciding to trade ROR when the lockout ends, what would they be looking for in return (D? Wingers? Prospects/picks?)? I'm sure Buffalo would have interest in him.

Defense.

Anyway, no thank you. I'd rather keep O'Reilly.

S E P H 12-07-2012 06:29 PM

Love Leddy, but ROR is so much more.

Seabrook for ROR +

Bender 12-07-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 56346727)
It's wild speculation. You don't know anything about how negotiations between Avs and O'Reilly went, you don't know what was offered. You don't even know what he is earning in KHL.

It IS absolute speculation right now but finding out what he's earning in the KHL will be key. If it's over $4M per, I think it could be a problem, not so much the matching but 'being forced to match or surpass' would end up an issue with management.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56347965)
Seeing as ROR isn't elite, how do you figure an elite player+?

I dunno, 55 points plus led the LEAGUE in takeaways after having just turned 21 years old sounds pretty good to me. The upside is certainly there. The return wouldn't be elite PLUS but it would certainly be a darn good player.

FoppaForsberg* 12-07-2012 06:44 PM

Ahahaha, no.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.