HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Team Rankings: Minnesota Wild owns impressive group of prospects with elite potential (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1304315)

HF Article 12-07-2012 02:15 PM

Team Rankings: Minnesota Wild owns impressive group of prospects with elite potential

Below is the top-10 section of Hockey's Future's NHL Team Rankings. The teams are ranked in terms of the quality of their overall prospect pool as voted on by the staff of Hockey's Future. For reference, just the top five prospects are listed. To be eligible, a prospect must meet HF's prospect criteria. The rankings are done twice a year.

While the rankings on the whole were difficult to come to a consensus on, the top section was probably the most troublesome. Unlike in previous years, there was no clear favorite for the number one spot. The top three ranked teams all have prospects with superstar potential and strong depth at every position.… read more

More...

Minnesota 12-07-2012 02:23 PM

http://washingtonbus.org/blog/blog-i...oam_finger.jpg

thestonedkoala 12-07-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota (Post 56345047)

A lot different than the Riser years. Thank God

JKsilverstick* 12-07-2012 02:46 PM

Terrible rankings, like usual around here.

F l a m e s 12-07-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKsilverstick (Post 56345967)
Terrible rankings, like usual around here.

I don't have a big problem with the top 10.. I found the 11 - 20 terrible.... 21 - 30 average....

I don't think there is much question that Minnesota has the best prospect pool though.

ThatGuy22 12-07-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 56346133)
I don't have a big problem with the top 10.. I found the 11 - 20 terrible.... 21 - 30 average....

I don't think there is much question that Minnesota has the best prospect pool though.

Agreed, may be some higher potential prospects in other organization but few can match the combo of high potential guys like Granlund, Coyle, Brodin and Dumba with the high end depth guys like Larsson, Zucker, Phillips and Bulmer

JKsilverstick* 12-07-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 56346133)

I don't disagree that Minnesota has a great prospect pool. The top-6 or so on the list probably deserve somewhere in the top-10ish.

The actual order is weird though, and some of the later spots in the top-10 are laughable.

InjuredChoker 12-07-2012 03:09 PM

Top ten looks around right to me.

Good to see the Wild at the top.

F l a m e s 12-07-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKsilverstick (Post 56346731)
I don't disagree that Minnesota has a great prospect pool. The top-6 or so on the list probably deserve somewhere in the top-10ish.

The actual order is weird though, and some of the later spots in the top-10 are laughable.

What would your top 10 look like?

The Podium 12-07-2012 03:11 PM

Is it just me or does NYI, Tampa and Ottawa look a little high :huh:

Id even argue Chicago and Detroit as well. I like Anaheims, Pittsburghs and Buffalos over all those teams.

Minnesota 12-07-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Podium (Post 56346841)

Id even argue Chicago and Detroit as well. I like Anaheims, Pittsburghs and Buffalos over all those teams.

I'd agree with Tampa being too high.

ThatGuy22 12-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

All a matter of opinion really.

Pittsburgh has great D but doesn't have much in terms of forwards.

Buffalo has 3 really good forward prospects and guys like Foligino, but most of their prospects have question marks(Armia on how he will translate, fair or not a lot of people question Grigs work ethic).

Anaheim I buy being a little low, and Tampa high but the Islanders, Sens, Wings and Hawks all seem about right and all have well rounded systems that are fairly deep.

boredmale 12-07-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

High end prospects is better the depth and in the case of Ottawa and the Islanders they have both high end plus depth

Weakside Lock 12-07-2012 03:43 PM

I would have Ottawa at 9 or 10. Other than that, the rankings seem reasonable.

JKsilverstick* 12-07-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 56346805)
What would your top 10 look like?

I'm not going to go through the trouble, because it's pointless.

But I would definitely start by taking out Tampa.

ReginKarlssonLehner 12-07-2012 04:15 PM

Anyone who thinks Ottawa should be lower are just fooling themselves and just hating.

Arguably the best goalie prospect in the league.
2 forwards that are among the best forward prospects in the league in Silfverberg, Zibanejad.
Huge depth in almost every position.
Elite prospect depth in forwards that could be top 6ers/4th in Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Wiercioch, Ceci

To all those Leaf fans debating a week ago on who had the better prospects...

Ottawa: 4th
Toronto: 20th

Thanks for coming out.

The Podium 12-07-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 56348891)
Anyone who thinks Ottawa should be lower are just fooling themselves and just hating.

2 forwards that are among the best forward prospects in the league in Silfverberg, Zibanejad.
Elite prospect depth in forwards that could be top 6ers/4th in Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Wiercioch, Ceci

Thanks for coming out.

Those to statements are ridiculous:laugh:

Bernier the Boats 12-07-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks for coming out.

Probably the most objective analysis I've seen thus far. Well thought out.

start winnin 12-07-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks for coming out.

This is debatable but for the most part I agree with you, Ottawa is as solid as they come depth wise with a lot of potential top 6 players.

Toronto has a lot of good players that will play in the NHL, but really lack star power other than Reilly. I don't see any other defenseman(not counting Gardiner) who will be a top pairing defenseman in their system, most of them look like 3-4 guys. Their forward depth is just brutal other than Kadri as well.

Vankiller Whale 12-07-2012 04:57 PM

I think the Panthers should still be first.

The Podium 12-07-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56350115)
I think the Panthers should still be first.

Minnesota has a really good group, they went under the radar for the last 5 years but its starting to pay off. The have arguably the best forward prospect not named Yakupov, the have arguably the best powerforward prospect, they have incredible depth in every position especially on D and at C which are the most important. I wouldnt take any corps over Minnesota if i had the choice, HF made the right decision.

sauce11 12-07-2012 05:12 PM

i think the amount of young talent on the oilers CURRENT roster makes their ranking higher than it should be

Vankiller Whale 12-07-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Podium (Post 56350235)
Minnesota has a really good group, they went under the radar for the last 5 years but its starting to pay off. The have arguably the best forward prospect not named Yakupov, the have arguably the best powerforward prospect, they have incredible depth in every position especially on D and at C which are the most important. I wouldnt take any corps over Minnesota if i had the choice, HF made the right decision.

Imo Huberdeau > Granlund. The Panthers have hands down the best goalie prospect in the game. Defense Minnesota has the edge, but overall I'd take the Panthers.

Dr Jan Itor 12-07-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Podium (Post 56350235)

Under the radar for 2-3 years, but we were absolutely dreadful before. Also, I wouldn't say we have much depth on D, having only 2 NHL quality defensemen. Forward depth, high end D and goaltending depth are our strengths.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 12-07-2012 05:38 PM

impressive turnaround for the franchise. seems like only yesterday they were competing with SJS for last