HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Who'd you rather have: Lucic vs Nash (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1304377)

OzzyFan 12-07-2012 04:33 PM

Who'd you rather have: Lucic vs Nash
 
Who would you rather have on your team: Milan Lucic or Rick Nash? Why?

Machinehead 12-07-2012 04:39 PM

Rick Nash because he has more skill. The Rangers need skill.

Vankiller Whale 12-07-2012 04:40 PM

Nash easily. Both are overpaid, so that's a wash. Nash is the better player.

Moore Money 12-07-2012 04:44 PM

Nash because he can play hockey.

Hennig 12-07-2012 04:49 PM

Nash because he doesn't look like a caveman. Oh and he's also a better player.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 12-07-2012 04:51 PM

Not even really close, and I'm not much of a Nash fanatic.

Puckgenius* 12-07-2012 04:55 PM

Nash is the better player with far more skill, but id rather have Lucic. cause I think his style of game has far more impact on your team. The guy will drop the gloves for anyone, he never backs down from a fight, constantly chirps top players to get them off their game, can throw a huge hit to turn a game around, he is dirty but thats cause hes so competeitive. Hes a very overlooked vocal leader in the bruins dressing room. Not many dmen can handle him downlow, the guy is a wild boar along the boards. He punishes and wears down defensemen, gets his team a lot of PPs and is probably the strongest man on the roster.

All this and his attitude is the reason why hes a fan fav in Boston.

Nash gives you scoring and some light defensive game but thats it.

The Bored Man 12-07-2012 04:57 PM

The Oilers could use Lucic more than Nash.

Dellstrom 12-07-2012 04:59 PM

Depends, I suppose.

For the Bruins, Lucic. Without him our intimidation factor is basically nothing. Sure, we have Chara, Horton, McQuaid, Thornton, whoever, Lucic IS the Bruins. Our identity is completely different without him. If you say 6m is overpayment, he'd EASILY fetch at least 7-8 million on the open market. EASILY.

It doesn't take much to say Nash is the better player, he is, but especially on the Bruins where our whole top-6 besides Krejci and Bergeron are capable of 30 goals, and when all of our top-9 is capable of 20 goals, we don't need a big-time scorer. A big, tough physical forward who's the most intimidating player in the league, (who can still score 30 goals) is more valuable to the Bruins.

Fire Julien 12-07-2012 05:07 PM

Locic

bp spec 12-07-2012 05:15 PM

Rick Nash

RapidFire 12-07-2012 05:32 PM

Nash because he is an extremely better player. End of thread.

MrFunnyWobbl 12-07-2012 05:32 PM

Nash

Eisen 12-07-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 56348317)
Nash is the better player with far more skill, but id rather have Lucic. cause I think his style of game has far more impact on your team. The guy will drop the gloves for anyone, he never backs down from a fight, constantly chirps top players to get them off their game, can throw a huge hit to turn a game around, he is dirty but thats cause hes so competeitive. Hes a very overlooked vocal leader in the bruins dressing room. Not many dmen can handle him downlow, the guy is a wild boar along the boards. He punishes and wears down defensemen, gets his team a lot of PPs and is probably the strongest man on the roster.

All this and his attitude is the reason why hes a fan fav in Boston.

Nash gives you scoring and some light defensive game but thats it.

Who needs scoring?

BruinsNeedaRussian 12-07-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RapidFire (Post 56349379)
Nash because he is an extremely better player. End of thread.

Are you a poet?

Zubrus Coffee Maker 12-07-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56347883)
Nash easily. Both are overpaid, so that's a wash. Nash is the better player.

Lucic isnt overpaid nearly as much as Nash, so i guess him. It would be nice to somehow steal Nash off of the Rangers, but for my team's stake i'll grab Lucic

Gritzky98 12-07-2012 06:35 PM

Nash.

far better player

OmniSens 12-07-2012 06:37 PM

For our needs, Nash and Spezza would be awesome to watch.

Benny FTW 12-07-2012 06:39 PM

Lucic because Nash's contract sucks.

NyQuil 12-07-2012 06:48 PM

I really like Lucic but it's not as if he's ever been called upon to be the offensive focal point of his team.

He gets a bit of a free ride because of the depth on the Bruins.

If I'm a Bruins fan, I'm hardly complaining.

Stop Winnin 12-07-2012 07:42 PM

Lucic because the Sabres need a guy like that.

tsujimoto74 12-07-2012 07:52 PM

Lucic because grit and better contract.

bsmith14 12-07-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bored Man (Post 56348405)
The Oilers could use Lucic more than Nash.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Nash - Gagner - Yakupov

I take Nash

VinnyC 12-07-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dellstrom (Post 56348443)
For the Bruins, Lucic. Without him our intimidation factor is basically nothing. Sure, we have Chara, Horton, McQuaid, Thornton, whoever, Lucic IS the Bruins. Our identity is completely different without him. If you say 6m is overpayment, he'd EASILY fetch at least 7-8 million on the open market. EASILY.

Wow, slow down. Why pay so much for Lucic when there are players out there who may not be as "intimidating" but have other upsides? Say - Hartnell, Clowe, Horton, etc.?

Looch is a very unique player, but he isn't the kind of guy who you should expect to put the team on his back. He makes the job for everyone else easier, so he needs guys who can capitalize on that.

Kershaw 12-07-2012 08:40 PM

I don't get it Lucic had more pts last year, more fights, more physical, less injury prone and playoff experience at a younger age and smaller cap hit. Why is he losing so badly?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.