HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Tyler Myers - serious leg injury in Austria? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1304379)

DL44 12-07-2012 03:36 PM

Tyler Myers - serious leg injury in Austria?
 
Just heard on the Team 1040 on an update...

any details??

VilleLeino 12-07-2012 03:40 PM

this is wonderful news....:shakehead

SackTastic 12-07-2012 03:45 PM

What did you hear? Nothing on their web site, or Twitter feed, although that doesn't mean it's not up yet.

Duddy 12-07-2012 03:46 PM

left ankle, don't know what injury it is.

2 teammates had to help him off the ice, he was really in pain. Tried calling some people, but nobody has anything new right now.

Woodhouse 12-07-2012 03:47 PM

We have an Austrian contingent that'll chime in with more updates, but yeah, Myers was hurt:
Quote:

Shock then KAC-camp in 47.Spielminute, when Tyler Myers seemingly without any external assistance serious injured.

Link: http://hockey-news.info/moser-medica...1-99ers-vs-kac

HockeyH3aven 12-07-2012 03:48 PM

I'll break things.

DL44 12-07-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikke (Post 56348167)
Went down behind his net. Couldn't put weight on his leg. Two teammates helped him skate off.
That's what I found on twitter.


This what someone else shared..

5 Minute Major 12-07-2012 03:58 PM

Oh well. Those are the breaks. At least he'll have a long time to rehab it before the Sabres play another game.

I wonder if the Sabres could void his contract ( not that they would do it ) since this injury happened outside of the scope of NHL hockey?

DL44 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major (Post 56348429)
Oh well. Those are the breaks. At least he'll have a long time to rehab it before the Sabres play another game.

I wonder if the Sabres could void his contract ( not that they would do it ) since this injury happened outside of the scope of NHL hockey?

Not void... but maybe suspension without pay from the team till cleared. But then again, that's what insurance is for...
So his NHL contract/salary is covered either way.

SackTastic 12-07-2012 04:05 PM

Tyler Myers isn't in violation of his NHL contract by playing overseas. The worst the Sabres could do if they agreed to a CBA tomorrow would be to suspend him for failing his physical and not being fit to play.

But yes, that's why all these players have insurance before going overseas.

5 Minute Major 12-07-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beechsack (Post 56348607)
Tyler Myers isn't in violation of his NHL contract by playing overseas. The worst the Sabres could do if they agreed to a CBA tomorrow would be to suspend him for failing his physical and not being fit to play.

But yes, that's why all these players have insurance before going overseas.

Right, but the Sabres aren't insured and would still have his cap hit. I wonder if this was Ville Leino what action the Sabres would take speculating it was a serious injury.

Obviously, because it is Tyler Myers, the Sabres probably wouldn't take any action.

Woodhouse 12-07-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DL44 (Post 56348361)
This what someone else shared..

That's correct. THIS article translates to Myers needing an MRI scan of his left ankle post-game.

SackTastic 12-07-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major (Post 56348729)
Right, but the Sabres aren't insured and would still have his cap hit. I wonder if this was Ville Leino what action the Sabres would take speculating it was a serious injury.

Obviously, because it is Tyler Myers, the Sabres probably wouldn't take any action.

LTIR would provide the cap relief should they need it under that scenario. Unsuspend him first obviously.

(I think there's a separate line in the old CBA about on ice / off ice suspensions being treated differently for cap reasons, but I don't have time to look it up now.)

5 Minute Major 12-07-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beechsack (Post 56348791)
LTIR would provide the cap relief should they need it under that scenario.

OK, thanks. Clearly Myers would be a fool to play uninsured. I was just wondering if the Sabres had any recourse. You just answered that for me. Appreciated.

tsujimoto74 12-07-2012 04:45 PM

As I said on the main board thread, thank god the season doesn't look like it's starting any time soon. Our line-up sure would look great with Myers, Ennis, Hodgson, and Tropp all starting out on IR.

I hope it's not as serious as it seems it might be though.

Stop Winnin 12-07-2012 04:46 PM

Zzzzz. MYERS!!!!!

1972 12-07-2012 04:55 PM

hoping that its not legiment related or a break.

Woodhouse 12-08-2012 08:39 AM

UPDATE: not that bad, could return next weekend.
Quote:

It was yesterday when the 47.Spielminute game between Moser Medical Graz99ers and EC KAC. NHL star Tyler Myers had (on the right) injured by the ice, last night he was still sent for an MRI scan to the hospital. The injury should now not be as bad as thought.

Myers was writhing on the ice and this could only leave with support. The defender went to ground after a challenge, überknöchelte and stretched the tapes. Myers is the KAC missing tomorrow against Innsbruck in any case, next Friday against the Defender Szekesfehervar could already celebrate his comeback.
Quote:

In the line up this time not there, defense giant Tyler Myers. The Canadian überknöchelte unhappy against Graz and overstretched the ligaments. If all goes well, the defender is said to begin on Friday in Szekesfehervar be back in the squad.

Link: http://www.kac.at/ec-kac/der-kac-kam...pflichtpunkte/

HiddenInLight 12-08-2012 09:32 AM

Meh, its not like we will be playing this year anyways.

aceface33 12-08-2012 09:41 AM

Even when there's no season our team is decimated by injuries. :cry:

Duddy 12-08-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceface33 (Post 56365349)
Even when there's no season our team is decimated by injuries. :cry:


The wrath of Tim Connolly

ZZamboni 12-08-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duddy (Post 56365425)
The wrath of Tim Connolly

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RZ2IbjzYZR...econnollyl.bmp

I'm Tim Connolly and I approve this message

VaporTrail 12-08-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiddenInLight (Post 56365201)
Meh, its not like we will be playing this year anyways.

exactly who cares at this point

1972 12-08-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiddenInLight (Post 56365201)
Meh, its not like we will be playing this year anyways.

yea we will at some point.

JPurp26 12-08-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaporTrail (Post 56369443)
exactly who cares at this point

I do. Our hopefully future franchise defenseman I would hope not be getting seriously injured ever, let alone not playing in the NHL. Some injuries could hinder him long-term if serious enough (think mcl, acl, etc.)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.