HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Stop and Think (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1304583)

Descendent* 12-07-2012 11:54 PM

Stop and Think

Yakupov, Hall, Nuge, Eberle and Schultz! Kind of seems unreal when thinking back the last 20 years.

The next decade is going to be special for the Oilers.

okgooil 12-08-2012 01:55 AM

I agree. Couldn't agree more. It is amazing to think of the amount of young talent the Oilers currently have. Will be a lot of fun to watch... eventually.

jumptheshark 12-08-2012 03:15 AM

I just want them to stay healthy-- we have a strong foundation, but what now it is in the theory and concept stage trying to become reality

rockinghockey 12-08-2012 06:31 PM

The lockout has helped the Oilers as far as Schultz and Yak, it is given them time to develop in lesser leagues but those leagues are still very competitive with men. I think EDM will look really good in the 2013-2014 season.

BoldNewLettuce 12-08-2012 06:33 PM

no time.

402 12-08-2012 06:41 PM

Plus if you recall awhile back bob stauffer said the oilers would make a "wow player personnel" move when the lockout ends

Definitely reasons to be excited about the future of our team, first we just need this damn lockout to end

molsonmuscle360 12-08-2012 06:41 PM

We should give them all similar nicknames to the players from the glory days they represent. Hall can be "Elk" or "Caribou", RNH can be "Hopz"...I dunno where to go with the rest.

oilersfan11 12-08-2012 06:58 PM

If only we could add to that group.It's a joke that Bettman is probably going to use the formula from the 2005 draft lottery for the 2013 lottery.He should be using the final standings from the 2011-12 season.

Just imagine adding Seth Jones or Nathan Mackinnon to that group.

Gobo 12-08-2012 07:01 PM

Not into the whole keep on going for high draft picks thing. Strictly for fun.

Harti - Nuge - Eberle
Hall - Mackinnon - Yakupov

Smid - Schultz
Klefbom - Petry

Harti - Nuge - Eberle
Hall - X - Yakupov

Jones - Schultz
Smid - Petry
Klefbom - X

oilersfan11 12-08-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobo (Post 56378121)

Harti - Nuge - Eberle

Smid - Schultz
Klefbom - Petry

Harti - Nuge - Eberle
Hall - X - Yakupov

Jones - Schultz
Smid - Petry
Klefbom - X

Jones would be on the right side,which means that Petry would most likely get traded.

Smid-Jones
Klefbom-Schultz

Petry traded for a big 2nd line centreman.

molsonmuscle360 12-08-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 56378053)
If only we could add to that group.It's a joke that Bettman is probably going to use the formula from the 2005 draft lottery for the 2013 lottery.He should be using the final standings from the 2011-12 season.

Just imagine adding Seth Jones or Nathan Mackinnon to that group.

And I think in a shortned season we actually finish closer to the playoffs then to the bottom.

oilersfan11 12-08-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 (Post 56378193)
And I think in a shortned season we actually finish closer to the playoffs then to the bottom.

Yes,but we're not talkin about season,since there's no sign of a season starting anytime soon.

molsonmuscle360 12-08-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 56378321)
Yes,but we're not talkin about season,since there's no sign of a season starting anytime soon.

Honestly..If there isn't a season this year, I wouldn't worry about there being one next year either, because both sides will go crazy after things the other won't budge on like the cap and guaranteed contracts. I am kinda hoping both sides realize it and give us at least 48 games this year.

And I think if it went 2 years, they would just give each team an even chance. They might even give 2 different drafts for each eligibility year.

The Nuge 12-09-2012 02:59 AM

I'm still a little worried about Yak not being able to produce at the NHL level. I can't wait for the lockout to end so I can stop worrying about him busting. It definitely is still incredible to think about the level of talent on this team though

Joseppi 12-09-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 56387695)
I'm still a little worried about Yak not being able to produce at the NHL level. I can't wait for the lockout to end so I can stop worrying about him busting. It definitely is still incredible to think about the level of talent on this team though

After seeing his play in the KHL, I'm not worried about him busting at all. Even if he's not as effective in the NHL, the kid will still be a player.

It really is crazy the amount of talent that's arrived the last few years. Here's to hoping they can keep them all together for an extended period :yo:

flashy 12-09-2012 01:38 PM

I'm happy with the talent we got I just hate how we got it. I can understand placing last, it can happen to anybody in a cap league. but to finish last again which I a little ticked but let it go, then a third straight season of almost last.

I know people are like "but packy how else could of gotten the talent", and I agree it would of been hard, but other teams do a lot more with a lot less then ours does.

The running joke that this team had to become for 3 straight years in my opinion was not worth it. I just feel Edmonton has been such a charity case under this CBA, nobody wants to come here, nobody wants to play, so we suck and get high draft picks, its so embarrassing.

Anyways, hopefully we win a cup or two and people will forget how badly we sucked for 3 years.

notloilersfan 12-09-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobo (Post 56378121)

Harti - Nuge - Eberle

Smid - Schultz
Klefbom - Petry

Harti - Nuge - Eberle
Hall - X - Yakupov

Jones - Schultz
Smid - Petry
Klefbom - X

Hmm, Let's go 3 years ahead :P

Hall McDavid Yakupov
Mackinnon Nuge Eberle