HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Latest Bruins marketing tool- opening night Pah-ty @ Fleece (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13048)

DKH 09-21-2003 07:10 AM

Latest Bruins marketing tool- opening night Pah-ty @ Fleece

out in my neighbors driveway was a Sunday Globe newspaper in a wrapper- but I noticed it had a big Broons colored schedule and on the other side a really neat looking OPENING NIGHT PREMIERE colored full page ad. It talks about a party at the plaza starting at 5 pm against the Devils; one time special photo of Orr, Bourque, Esposito, Bucyk, Neely, Thornton and Schmidt- 1,000 to be autographed by one of the legendary Broons....where's O'Reilly???? called "rolling out the red carpet"....the actual paper would be pretty cool framed in back of a bar.

the Broons must have ponied up something for this- I did not get one since I get the Globe but all my neighbors that don't subscribe did- although I did get my hands on one :p ; free Globe Sunday papers complimentary of the Broons (says this copy of the Boston Globe courtesy of the Boston Bruins- with the Bruins logo); Dupes a card carrying member of HF board; sounds like Nancy is next,,,

anyone else going to opening night?????

WickedBruinsGirl 09-21-2003 08:44 AM

I'm going to opening night. That party sounds cool. Will have to check it out. Maybe the Bruins are going to be more "fan oriented" this season. :)

scotiahockey 09-21-2003 09:37 AM

they should put thiere heads together with the red sox PR guy. the sox have been great at making the place and events fan friendly this year!

nhlbruin 09-21-2003 10:26 AM

i really think that having charlie jacobs here in boston and seeing firsthand the stuff that the sox, pats and even celtics do is helping to make the team more fan-oriented. the season ticket bbq, training camp was more fun than i remember it being before, and now this...supposedly much more in the works too.

puck4877 09-21-2003 05:52 PM

well I live in the worcester area and got a complimentary edition of the telegram & gazette courtesy of the worcester ice cats for 60 $ I can go see the baby b's play in worcester plus I get a free hat sweet !!

WickedBruinsGirl 09-21-2003 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhlbruin
i really think that having charlie jacobs here in boston and seeing firsthand the stuff that the sox, pats and even celtics do is helping to make the team more fan-oriented. the season ticket bbq, training camp was more fun than i remember it being before, and now this...supposedly much more in the works too.

Yeah, is it just me, or has training camp been open to the public longer this year than past years? Not that I'm complaining or anything. :handclap:

knuckles* 09-22-2003 09:57 AM

After the game on November 15, either on the ice or somewhere in the building, the Dropkick Murphys are going to be playing live. They'll also be passing out CD singles with some of their songs, including their ode to the Bruins at a bunch of home games beforehand.

Sounds pretty darn cool to me. Maybe the ownership is in fact stepping up their plan to make the game more of an overall night out.

DKH 09-22-2003 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knuckles
After the game on November 15, either on the ice or somewhere in the building, the Dropkick Murphys are going to be playing live. They'll also be passing out CD singles with some of their songs, including their ode to the Bruins at a bunch of home games beforehand.

Sounds pretty darn cool to me. Maybe the ownership is in fact stepping up their plan to make the game more of an overall night out.

When I saw Boynton he had one of their T shirts on so maybe he'll atleast attend the game to see the concert :joker: