HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Ranking NHL teams by position depth- centre- #1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1305229)

saskriders 12-08-2012 02:38 AM

Ranking NHL teams by position depth- centre- #1

Who has the best depth at centre?

Also, correct me for any mistakes I make in the poll, I got these of a list on the internet because I figured that would be better then memory, I will fix mistakes in the next poll

Also prospects don't count, we are talking about now

The Newfoundlander 12-08-2012 02:40 AM

I'll say Pittsburgh,

Rorschach 12-08-2012 02:56 AM

Los Angeles. Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll, Lewis, Fraser and Richardson were centers across our four lines. When Pitt had Staal, the sheer quality of that top three made them a clear #1 before but not anymore.

WTFetus 12-08-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach (Post 56363091)
Los Angeles. Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll, Lewis, Fraser and Richardson were centers across our four lines.

I think he's going by at the start of the season, not just who can play C. I don't think Carter or Richards will be a 3rd or 4th line center at the season opener. Otherwise, the Sharks would have Marleau and Pavelski on the list too.

Cruel11 12-08-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach (Post 56363091)
Los Angeles. Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll, Lewis, Fraser and Richardson were centers across our four lines. When Pitt had Staal, the sheer quality of that top three made them a clear #1 before but not anymore.

If either Kopi or Richards get injured, then Carter might get some ice time as a center, but it doesn't look like he'll ever be a full time center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 56363113)
I think he's going by at the start of the season, not just who can play C. I don't think Carter or Richards will be a 3rd or 4th line center at the season opener. Otherwise, the Sharks would have Marleau and Pavelski on the list too.

Yep.

saskriders 12-08-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 56363113)

Who should I take out?

Who are expected to be the top 4 centres?

Thanks for the help

The Green Unit 12-08-2012 03:17 AM

You are wrong with New Jersey: For the moment centers are Elias-Zajac-Henrique-Josefson. Elias is hands down a top 10 center in the league, both Zajac and Henrique might take 1st line minutes without a problem and Jacob Josefson is for now, a 21 years old 3rd line center that keeps improving, he could turn in a legit 2nd line center in the next 2 years.

They are all very good, reliable 2-way players.

There's so much depth at centre for the Devils that certainly Elias and/or Henrique will be moved to wings to give everyone the minutes he deserves. Both Henrique and Elias are versatile enough to play efficiently any forward position also.

Sky04 12-08-2012 03:17 AM

wouldn't the canes be -Staal and Staal?

WTFetus 12-08-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 56363139)
Who should I take out?

Who are expected to be the top 4 centres?

Thanks for the help

Depends on your criteria; is it best center depth, or best 1st-4th line Centers? Didn't look at them all, but if the latter, I think your list is fine. Carolina would probably be Staal-Stall though.

Sky04 12-08-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashintangibles (Post 56363177)
You are wrong with New Jersey: For the moment centers are Elias-Zajac-Henrique-Josefson. Elias is hands down a top 10 center in the league, both Zajac and Henrique might take 1st line minutes without a problem and Jacob Josefson is for now, a 21 years old 3rd line center that keeps improving, he could turn in a legit 2nd line center in the next 2 years.

They are all very good reliable, solid 2 way players.

There's so much depth at centre for the Devils that certainly Elias and/or Henrique will be moved to wings. Both are versatile enough to play efficiently there also.

Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, Toews, Kopitar, Backstrom, Giroux, Spezza, Sedin, Tavares. No he isnt

saskriders 12-08-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 56363181)
Depends on your criteria; is it best center depth, or best 1st-4th line Centers? Didn't look at them all, but if the latter, I think your list is fine. Carolina would probably be Staal-Stall though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashintangibles (Post 56363177)

They are all very good reliable 2-way players.

There's so much depth at centre for the Devils that certainly Elias and/or Henrique will be moved to wings to give everyone the minutes he deserves. Both Henrique and Elias are versatile enough to play efficiently any forward position also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky04 (Post 56363179)

Thanks

and thanks to all who post corrections in the future too

ricky0034 12-08-2012 03:24 AM

the Wings centers are Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Helm-Abdelkader

anyways voted for Pittsburgh

CoachBadkitten 12-08-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky04 (Post 56363179)

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-on-same-line/

The Green Unit 12-08-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky04 (Post 56363195)
Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, Toews, Kopitar, Backstrom, Giroux, Spezza, Sedin, Tavares. No he isnt

Top 10 NHL scoring,
Quality of competition over +1.000 (shutdown role),
51% offensive zone start with 51% offensive zone finish.
ES, PP, PK consistent points producer.

Half of your guys are equivalent points producers to Elias but they weren't close to face the competition Elias faced. And they weren't constantly paired with Petr Sykora neither.

Elias is a top 10 center in the league.

Sky04 12-08-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashintangibles (Post 56363225)
Top 10 NHL scoring,

Half of your guys are equivalent points producers to Elias but they weren't close to face the competition Elias faced. And they weren't constantly paired with Petr Sykora neither.

Sure he's underrated but top-10 center? nope.

I forgot Stamkos on that list too.

The Green Unit 12-08-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky04 (Post 56363345)
Sure he's underrated but top-10 center? nope.

I forgot Stamkos on that list too.

Nope is not an argument. Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux are too far ahead offensively, no doubt. But now, try to find a shutdown center close to a 1 PPG ?

Elias is right in the mix with the likes of Toews, Datsyuk and Kopitar. Moreover everybody tend to forget here that Toews was getting an insane 64.7%, 62.1% and 58.8% offensive zone starts for the last 3 seasons. I've got nothing against Toews and god knows he's a capable 2-way center. But getting that much offensive zone starts is quite helpful to pad your total points and Corsi numbers.

nmbr_24 12-08-2012 05:18 AM

This really should be unanimous shouldn't it?

WTFetus 12-08-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashintangibles (Post 56363503)
Elias is right in the mix with the likes of Toews, Datsyuk and Kopitar. Moreover everybody tend to forget here that Toews was getting an insane 64.7%, 62.1% and 58.8% offensive zone starts for the last 3 seasons. I've got nothing against Toews and god knows he's a capable 2-way center. But getting that much offensive zone starts is quite helpful to pad your total points and Corsi numbers.

Should include Thornton in the mix too. ;)

fedfed 12-08-2012 05:23 AM

For the Caps, Laich and Beagle should be in for Johansson and Perreault.

Ginger Jesus 12-08-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashintangibles (Post 56363225)
Top 10 NHL scoring,

Most underrated player of all time

Sky04 12-08-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashintangibles (Post 56363503)
Nope is not an argument. Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux are too far ahead offensively, no doubt. But now, try to find a shutdown center close to a 1 PPG ?

So you're suggesting he's closer to the top 5 centers in the league?:shakehead

The Green Unit 12-08-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky04 (Post 56363707)
So you're suggesting he's closer to the top 5 centers in the league?:shakehead

Look, we're not here to win an argument. I made my point to attest that Elias is a top 10 center in the league. If you want to prove me wrong, fair enough. But demonstrate it. And honestly, I'm not one manichaeist rigid mofo. Elias could be listed #5 or #14 center in the NHL that I wouldn't care, unless you don't get the main point:

Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and Giroux are far apart, we've got this. Otherwise, it's too much of a close call between all of those Toews, Datsyuk, Kops, Thornton guys.
Ending 10th in NHL scoring while taking defensive assignment, Elias during the 2011-2012 season, was certainly one of the 10 best centers in the league, seriously with Backstrom or Toews injured, it's not even debatable.
On the other hand, maybe next year, it will be Backstrom or Tavares' turn to have a stellar season. The point is that all these centers listed are top 10 center material.

And yes, I, personally and definitely include Elias with them.

ottawa 12-08-2012 07:53 AM

Pittsburgh easily.

Dellstrom 12-08-2012 08:52 AM

Pittsburgh because they have the two best players in the league as their top two Cs and Sutter is definitely near the top of the list when it comes to 3Cs.

M Gaz 12-08-2012 11:02 AM

Still the Penguins, and unless Crosby or Malkin leaves, it'll be the Penguins for a good while.