HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Most scary time you had in the inner city (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1305289)

Colt45Blast 12-08-2012 09:31 AM

Most scary time you had in the inner city

All of us have been there at some point in our lives and it is one of the more unplesent experences of all. I remember as a little kid on the bus seeing a mad man opening fire at a bunch of Catholic School Girls in Harlem.

Silence Of The Plams 12-08-2012 09:32 AM

Was stuck in newark and had to walk thru the city when all the crackheads were out and got chased. I was scared I was gnna get shot because I heard gunshots a distance away.

Shrimper 12-08-2012 09:40 AM

Underpasses's are always scary in the winter.

Francesa 12-08-2012 09:42 AM

seemsayin 12-08-2012 09:56 AM

Bunch of fools decided to jump me waiting for the bus. They came away with about $1.35 and a shoe. I took a beating.

Silence Of The Plams 12-08-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seemsayin (Post 56365629)
Bunch of fools decided to jump me waiting for the bus. They came away with about $1.35 and a shoe. I took a beating.

Kill them.

seemsayin 12-08-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan (Post 56365971)
Kill them.

I killed their dreams

tobo 12-08-2012 10:21 AM

Had to be "rescued" by some Egyptian soldiers after I repeatedly refused to trade my mp3 player with a street vendor for some sheets of paper. He got angrier and angrier and before I knew it, quite a huge mob had gathered around us. :huh:

kingsholygrail 12-08-2012 10:22 AM

Got mugged. Was pretty scary.

vBurmi 12-08-2012 10:23 AM

I got chased by what was presumably a 7-foot tall cross-dresser who was screaming that he/she was going to kill me. The chase didn't last that long though. Despite it's reputation, Winnipeg's downtown/north-end really isn't that bad compared to tons of American cities.

Thricecube 12-08-2012 10:43 AM

Me and 3 friends once paid a homeless man to give us a tour of downtown Vancouver. He showed us where everyone shoots up, and which buildings they like to smear their poop on :S

njdevscup30 12-08-2012 11:17 AM

Someone threatened to stab me once in Boston and demanded money but I never saw a weapon so I just ran away and he didn't chase me.

seemsayin 12-08-2012 11:31 AM

I also had someone cut me. I told some goofs to **** off the party and he pulled a knife on me and sliced my finger.

jimmythescot 12-08-2012 11:49 AM

The inner city isn't really scary in Edinburgh. The outskirts can be really bad. When I first moved here four or five of my friends and I were ambushed in an area called Wester Hailes (pic below) by around thirty ten to fourteen year old kids who had wooden bats. It started with only around five of them who were quickly disarmed and as we were about to give them a stern lecture when the rest all came teaming out of the bushes. It was like something out of Rome. Now that was scary as hell, despite their age.

http://hailesmatters.files.wordpress...-underpass.jpg

It's taught me not to go exploring on foot.

CarvinSigX 12-08-2012 12:07 PM

Gun pulled on me at a gas station. Week later, there was a murder at that same one.

MrFunnyWobbl 12-08-2012 02:32 PM

Wow I got it way easy.

Colt45Blast 12-08-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmythescot (Post 56367765)
The inner city isn't really scary in Edinburgh. The outskirts can be really bad. When I first moved here four or five of my friends and I were ambushed in an area called Wester Hailes (pic below) by around thirty ten to fourteen year old kids who had wooden bats. It started with only around five of them who were quickly disarmed and as we were about to give them a stern lecture when the rest all came teaming out of the bushes. It was like something out of Rome. Now that was scary as hell, despite their age.

http://hailesmatters.files.wordpress...-underpass.jpg

It's taught me not to go exploring on foot.

Those gang tags don't look as creepy as the ones I see here in AZ or in California for that matter.

Juzmo 12-08-2012 02:58 PM

A hobo once looked at me.

zytz 12-08-2012 03:21 PM

Was shot at once. Not in the inner city but just outside Gary, IN.

saskriders 12-08-2012 03:34 PM

The city was doing train station reno's so me and a friend had to walk from the stations at the far edges of downtown

It was the first stamps game of the year so there were lots of people doing the same thing

And it was Canada day so there were people walking around after fireworks

It wasn't scary at all

thestonedkoala 12-08-2012 03:39 PM

Arizona, Baltimore or Philadelphia. Take your pick.

Gustav Nyquist 12-08-2012 03:43 PM

Haven't really had many bad experiences in Detroit, after awhile the gun shots don't phase you.

Bruv 12-08-2012 03:45 PM

Church's Chicken.

ArGarBarGar 12-08-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarnkrok (Post 56373547)
Haven't really had many bad experiences in Detroit, after awhile the gun shots don't phase you.

You are hanging around the wrong part of Detroit if you are hearing gun shots on a regular basis.

BrimFullofAsham45 12-08-2012 04:27 PM

Got mugged once by a "flash mob" in South philly. Ten to fifteen kids between 13-18. Sketchy, but not too bad, just gave them some money and they peaced out.

I had a much more sketchy experience going to a party around Temple university in North Philly. There were three demographics there: a bunch of Asian Temple students/grads, white trash kids from who knows where, and Black neighborhood kids, all about in equal proportion. There were about six girls in attendance, compared to like 60 dudes. Needless to say there was way too much testosterone in one spot and a lot of people who felt the need to prove they were "hard". An Asian guy and a white trash guy started fighting over some girl, and before you know it it was crew vs. crew and soon everyone had funneled out onto the street in a legitimate "race war." The black kids started getting involved seemingly just because they wanted to fight. There was literally 30 people brawling on the street, and a couple people were wielding knives. Worst of all, I had to stick around because my friend who had drove us there had a friend who was getting involved and wanted to hang around in case he needed his back, and it was no neighborhood for me to be wandering around at 3am. Scary time.