HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   World Junior Championship (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WJC: Where can I live stream? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1305291)

AK1990 12-08-2012 10:39 AM

Where can I live stream?
 
I'm going to be in Florida during the tournament...they defs don't cover the games is there a place where can i live stream the games?

Thanks,

GO CANADA!

Cfriss216 12-08-2012 10:50 AM

If whoever your staying with has the NHL network then you will be able to see all of team USA and Canada's games, also both quarter and semis, bronze and gold. I would try firstrowsports.eu and click ice hockey. Or if I were you I would go on tsn.ca two hours or so after the game and click on view more in our video player. From there you can access hockey Canada events on demand. Theyll have the games period by period in hd. I'll be in the same predicament in new York and that's how I'll be watching. Hope this helps.

topched 12-08-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cfriss216 (Post 56365505)
If whoever your staying with has the NHL network then you will be able to see all of team USA and Canada's games, also both quarter and semis, bronze and gold. I would try firstrowsports.eu and click ice hockey. Or if I were you I would go on tsn.ca two hours or so after the game and click on view more in our video player. From there you can access hockey Canada events on demand. Theyll have the games period by period in hd. I'll be in the same predicament in new York and that's how I'll be watching. Hope this helps.

You can't view TSN outside of canada as far as I know. Was in Florida for the last WJ's, couldn't stream it.

Believe I watched it on fasthockey

Haite 12-08-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topched (Post 56366203)
You can't view TSN outside of canada as far as I know. Was in Florida for the last WJ's, couldn't stream it.

Believe I watched it on fasthockey

I think the on-demand games that were uploaded afterwards worked, though.

On another note, is it really correct to refer to watching a stream as "streaming"? I always associate "streaming" with actually broadcasting a live stream.

AK1990 12-08-2012 11:58 AM

Amazing thanks for all the advice! I'll definitely try them!

Cfriss216 12-08-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topched (Post 56366203)
You can't view TSN outside of canada as far as I know. Was in Florida for the last WJ's, couldn't stream it.

Believe I watched it on fasthockey

You're right you can't stream live outside of Canada, but you can watch the games afterword in the Hockey Canada on demand section. I live in the states and I watched the Canada-Russia challenge that way this past summer.

craigcaulks* 12-08-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arik Kristal (Post 56365311)
I'm going to be in Florida during the tournament...they defs don't cover the games is there a place where can i live stream the games?

Thanks,

GO CANADA!

Buy a sling box if they still exist. Or find someone who can explain proxy server correctly.

MrFunnyWobbl 12-09-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cfriss216 (Post 56365505)
If whoever your staying with has the NHL network then you will be able to see all of team USA and Canada's games, also both quarter and semis, bronze and gold. I would try firstrowsports.eu and click ice hockey. Or if I were you I would go on tsn.ca two hours or so after the game and click on view more in our video player. From there you can access hockey Canada events on demand. Theyll have the games period by period in hd. I'll be in the same predicament in new York and that's how I'll be watching. Hope this helps.

That site is excellent.

Cfriss216 12-09-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl (Post 56393915)
That site is excellent.

Yea it is. They have a little bit of everything on there

f1nn 12-10-2012 02:42 AM

another site you can find just about any sports events on is atdhe.eu

Dynamo81 12-10-2012 07:38 AM

livetv.ru Choose English. On game day they will have in browser streams or if you download sopcast (Free and I highly recommend it), you can open the sopcast links which will be have HD quality streams.

DuckJet 12-10-2012 02:09 PM

TSN is gonna archive all the games on their site right? I remember I was able to watch pretty much every game played but I can't remember what service I used. Does TSN archive all of them or just the big teams...or just Canada?

Ryker 12-10-2012 02:16 PM

Last year they archived all of the games they showed.

DuckJet 12-10-2012 02:18 PM

^ Thanks. As long as I can watch some Finland and Sweden games I'll be cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1nn (Post 56415563)
another site you can find just about any sports events on is atdhe.eu

or atdhenet.tv for North American sports/tv

SH15 12-10-2012 04:38 PM

If you are watching an archived game on TSN.ca just a word of warning...they used to list them with thumbnails by period, which can spoil an OT game. No idea if that's still the case. I was on my honeymoon in Cuba in 08/09 and watched all games when I returned the day before the gold medal game. This led to me having the Eberle tying goal ruined for me because I saw in the TSN Video Player cue that there was a Canada/Russia overtime. :rant:

Jussi 12-10-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1nn (Post 56415563)
another site you can find just about any sports events on is atdhe.eu

Also wiziwig.eu. HDTVPlayer might also have some channel showing games and they will be better quality than flash streams.

Ryker 12-10-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH15 (Post 56430037)
If you are watching an archived game on TSN.ca just a word of warning...they used to list them with thumbnails by period, which can spoil an OT game. No idea if that's still the case. I was on my honeymoon in Cuba in 08/09 and watched all games when I returned the day before the gold medal game. This led to me having the Eberle tying goal ruined for me because I saw in the TSN Video Player cue that there was a Canada/Russia overtime. :rant:

Yeah, that thing sucked for me, as well. I always tried watching a particular section of the screen where I knew first period would be located, and then just watch the games without looking at how much time there was left on the broadcast. It never worked :laugh:

Snippit 12-10-2012 09:34 PM

Where can I watch the selection camp?

Cfriss216 12-10-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snippit (Post 56437847)
Where can I watch the selection camp?

Fasthockey.com

h22prelude93 12-12-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi (Post 56432133)
Also wiziwig.eu. HDTVPlayer might also have some channel showing games and they will be better quality than flash streams.

Wiziwig is freaking sweet. They also have a forum that is worth checking out. I've found many NCAA, Juniors, Etc games there that I wouldn't have found elsehere. Sometimes you have to use p2p programs like streamtorrent, but with those the quality of the streams are usually excellent with little to no lag. They also archive some things as well.

QnebO 12-12-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haite (Post 56366651)
On another note, is it really correct to refer to watching a stream as "streaming"? I always associate "streaming" with actually broadcasting a live stream.

I think its not correct.. I also thought that the topic starter wants to know in which site he could easily stream games for others. But speaking bad english is pop these days. No one understand's whats "to give" these days, you must typo it on purpose and say "to giev" ect..

The feeling when you learn and study english for years, then you start to use the english side of the internet, and you actually get to chat with native english speakers.. and find out that you should've just learnt it wrong from the start!

Jussi 12-12-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QnebO (Post 56472567)
I think its not correct.. I also thought that the topic starter wants to know in which site he could easily stream games for others. But speaking bad english is pop these days. No one understand's whats "to give" these days, you must typo it on purpose and say "to giev" ect..

The feeling when you learn and study english for years, then you start to use the english side of the internet, and you actually get to chat with native english speakers.. and find out that you should've just learnt it wrong from the start!

Yes, those who watch the streams are just viewers where as those who provide the stream are streamers.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.