HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WJC: CONFIRMED: RNH will attend camp! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1305513)

Connor McSaviour 12-08-2012 05:47 PM

CONFIRMED: RNH will attend camp!
 
https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/s...53257382031360 Looks like its going to be a fun tourny :yo: Thought it deserved its own thread really.

Yakushev72 12-08-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid49 (Post 56376439)
https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/s...53257382031360 Looks like its going to be a fun tourny :yo: Thought it deserved its own thread really.

Its up to him to produce and bring home the Gold. The rest of the team will look to him to carry the weight and put the team on his shoulders. His celebrity dwarfs theirs in comparison.

4thlineforlife 12-08-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakushev72 (Post 56377679)
Its up to him to produce and bring home the Gold. The rest of the team will look to him to carry the weight and put the team on his shoulders. His celebrity dwarfs theirs in comparison.

His shoulders cant handle that much weight cmon now

Seachd 12-08-2012 07:16 PM

He's going to camp, but will he make the team?

Schenn 12-08-2012 07:18 PM

That's awesome! Has there ever been a case of a players of RNH's NHL status come and play the WJC? I doubt it, but I wouldn't have a clue.

Statsy 12-08-2012 07:21 PM

No single player wins a tournament on their own. Peter Forsberg recorded over 30 points in one tournament and couldn't bring home the gold. If Canada expects to win, it will take more than RNH to get it done.

craigcaulks* 12-08-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statsy (Post 56378575)
No single player wins a tournament on their own. Peter Forsberg recorded over 30 points in one tournament and couldn't bring home the gold. If Canada expects to win, it will take more than RNH to get it done.

Thanks to the blow out against Japan, the Forsberg line's numbers were overblown. But certainly you are right, one player, unless its a goalie, is not going to be the difference.

Statsy 12-08-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigcaulks (Post 56378611)
Thanks to the blow out against Japan, the Forsberg line's numbers were overblown.

So take them out. The leaves him with a mere 21 in 6 games, which equates to 3.5 points per game. Any other theories?

nitz 12-08-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statsy (Post 56378721)
So take them out. The leaves him with a mere 21 in 6 games, which equates to 3.5 points per game. Any other theories?

Stop being a weiner, his point stands.

Alternatively, somebody can score very few points and be a major difference maker on a team.

Guru Meditation 12-08-2012 07:42 PM

Sources tell me not only will RNH attend camp, but he will also be a camp counselor.

Nash 12-08-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statsy (Post 56378721)
So take them out. The leaves him with a mere 21 in 6 games, which equates to 3.5 points per game. Any other theories?

No question he put up amazing numbers. The tournament was a simple round robin back then. Instead of playing one or possibly two bad teams in your side of the pool, you played them all. There was no QF, SF or gold medal game, where scoring gets tighter. Given the structure if the tournament now, I doubt anyone will ever touch that record. They really ought to have two sets of records. Pre medal round and now. It's just a very different tournament now.

craigcaulks* 12-08-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statsy (Post 56378721)
So take them out. The leaves him with a mere 21 in 6 games, which equates to 3.5 points per game. Any other theories?

I am not sure what your point is or what my theory was supposed to be. You should relax a little. But thanks for the incredible math lesson.

IHaveNoCreativity 12-08-2012 08:49 PM

Yes big boost !!

OilerDroid 12-08-2012 10:10 PM

On another note, just saw an interview with RNH today and the guy is starting to look jacked. I know that he has put on weight in the offseason but he is starting to look less like a boy and more like an NHL player now.

Lay Z Boy GM 12-09-2012 12:52 AM

Great news.

Anyone know where the camp will be held on Monday? Is it open to the public? What time does it start? Thanks.

Kershaw 12-09-2012 01:04 AM

Awful decision for his development. imo

jfb392 12-09-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM (Post 56386327)
Great news.

Anyone know where the camp will be held on Monday? Is it open to the public? What time does it start? Thanks.

The camp is open to the public starting on Tuesday and it's free.
Schedule here.

Seachd 12-09-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 56386495)
Awful decision for his development. imo

Based on?

Not sure a month in any situation would affect his development much one way or another.

Patchey* 12-09-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 56386495)
Awful decision for his development. imo

Yeah, cause an NHLER missing 3-4 weeks out of the AHL season to lead his national team and do something he'll never get another chance to do is a huge blow to his development. :shakehead

Lay Z Boy GM 12-09-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfb392 (Post 56386503)
The camp is open to the public starting on Tuesday and it's free.
Schedule here.

Great, thanks for the help. I wasn't having much luck finding any info.

LeafOfBread 12-09-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchey (Post 56386593)
Yeah, cause an NHLER missing 3-4 weeks out of the AHL season to lead his national team and do something he'll never get another chance to do is a huge blow to his development. :shakehead

Yeah, the Oilers organization are going to ruin him, just terrible :shakehead :sarcasm:

At the very least, this is a great leadership opportunity for him.

Skip2myBordyloo 12-09-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 56386495)
Awful decision for his development. imo

just ruined patrice bergeron's and brent burns development when they went too.

Xokkeu 12-09-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchey (Post 56386593)
Yeah, cause an NHLER missing 3-4 weeks out of the AHL season to lead his national team and do something he'll never get another chance to do is a huge blow to his development. :shakehead

Word is that even answering the phone call set him back a year.

Lay Z Boy GM 12-09-2012 01:35 AM

The level of play isn't as high as the AHL, but there's other benefits. RNH will be a leader on this team, whereas in Edmonton and even Oklahoma he's a little bit in the shadow of other young stars. Hopefully he grabs the bull by the horns and can learn a thing or two about leading a team.

stlblues9 12-09-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 56386495)
Awful decision for his development. imo

Of course an American feels this way.:laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.