HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Anyone Else Feel Sorry for the Media? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1305573)

RogerRoeper* 12-08-2012 11:08 PM

Anyone Else Feel Sorry for the Media?

When there was some signs of progress in the CBA talks, the media went crazy and started spouting nonsense that a deal would be signed in a day or two, and the season was going to start before Christmas. They are so desperate to see hockey, they just jump the gun with pipe dreams.

I still see they're having NHL shows on the radio daily with nothing to talk about. They even waste times "Ranking Teams" which is the biggest waste of time possible. Once a new CBA deal is signed, there will be tons of movement and many teams won't look the same.

Frankly, it looks kind of sad and pathetic.

DL44 12-08-2012 11:40 PM

Heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll no!

Feel sorry for other fans maybe... But I have little respect for the media as a whole.

Nose Face Killah 12-08-2012 11:56 PM

Boston isn't responsible for the Lockout... every team is.

Teamwork 12-09-2012 12:02 AM

I feel even more sorry for Jay Onrait and Dan O'toole that try to look excited during endless basketball highlights :shakehead

RogerRoeper* 12-09-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJD (Post 56384425)
Boston isn't responsible for the Lockout... every team is.

Yeah I'm sure New York, Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Philadelphia desperately want this lockout...

Kegs 12-09-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 56384571)
Yeah I'm sure New York, Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Philadelphia desperately want this lockout...

im pretty sure nobody wants this lockout... they all lose money. they just want to make as much money as humanly possible. what do you expect from a capitalist world.

Acallabeth 12-09-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRoeper (Post 56383439)
They are so desperate to see hockey

:laugh::laugh::laugh::D:D:D

MetalheadPenguinsFan 12-09-2012 12:42 AM

Absolutely not.

octopi 12-09-2012 01:44 AM

Media are vultures. their job is to generate hype because it gets more viewers. Worked for me. I must have watched TSN for nearly 2 hours due to all the riveting coverage.

Astoria 12-09-2012 05:45 AM

Do I feel sorry for the media? Nyet! They still have jobs, they're still getting a paycheck. Well, I suppose there may be members of the media that have had their hours cut....but I'm pretty sure those yokels on the Team 1040 in Vancouver are all still there...

And since I live in good ol' Denver CO, home of the Nuggets, Rockies and some football team, hockey talk is pretty nonexistent (unless it's about DU).

And as for the only other media source I have access too, *cough* ESPN *cough*, I'm guessing not too many jobs were lost due to this lockout. Actually, I'm really not sure they even know there is an NHL lockout...or even that there is something called the NHL.

; )

Oshie97 12-09-2012 05:52 AM

Who gives a crap about the media? I don't feel sorry for anyone except the everyday working guy who was trying to feed his family. The beer guy, bar owners or worker, those are the people that are getting the shaft.

legendinblue 12-09-2012 07:14 AM

I couldn't care less about the media to be honest.

PricePkPatch 12-09-2012 07:39 AM

American media being what they are is a reason why the NHL isn't in any hurry to save the season before January.

Cause until then, you got football season going, and who cares about Hockey?

Komarov77 12-09-2012 07:42 AM

Media is a ***** so no

MsWoof 12-09-2012 08:53 AM

I do because the guys I like, McKenzie and Friedman especially, seem so disgusted with it all. You can tell none of them want to report every little breath of possible news but they have no choice.

premadonna 12-09-2012 09:15 AM

Haha...

No.

svartgul 12-09-2012 09:23 AM

Absolutely not. They'll move on to then next thing they can exploit for click generating to drive up ad revenues.

MrFunnyWobbl 12-09-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octopi (Post 56386219)
Media are vultures. their job is to generate hype because it gets more viewers. Worked for me. I must have watched TSN for nearly 2 hours due to all the riveting coverage.

This, vultures grab any scrap.

jpchabby 12-09-2012 10:12 AM

Seeing RDS presenting ball hockey and commenting an NHL13 season simulation makes me feel sorry for them.

Dellstrom 12-09-2012 10:39 AM

I'll never feel sorry or happy for the media.

Modo 12-09-2012 10:57 AM

Absolutely not.

How can anyone actually feel sorry for them? :laugh:

Stephen 12-09-2012 11:08 AM

These guys get paid good money rain or shine for talking out of their butts, sounds like a great gig whether the NHL ever comes back or not.

Big Phil 12-09-2012 12:33 PM

No, I don't. However, Chris Cuthbert lost his job during the last lockout at CBC. Chalk that up to another one of CBC's incompetent moves. Cuthbert being the great announcer he is was picked up by TSN. For those that think CBC would fire Don Cherry don't kid yourselves. For starters he would have Sportsnet and TSN standing at his doorstep before the ink was even dry on his pink slip. But that's another story.

Who I really feel sorry for is not only us the fans, but the people, the common people, who make a living with hockey. The restaurant owner who depends on hockey nights to serve more and more wings and beer. You think they haven't lost money? Or the zamboni driver, or the guy behind the concession stands, or the ushers or hot dog vendors. These guys depend on hockey to make a living. Maybe it is their second job, but maybe they NEED a second job to make ends meet.

So personally I feel sorry for them because there are multiple people who have lost their home because of this lockout, and I can assure you it isn't either one of Fehr, Bettman, Crosby, Alfredsson, Richards, Jacobs, Daly, Miller, etc.

Descendent* 12-09-2012 04:38 PM

Not the media personalities we see or hear from, but yes for the behind the scenes workers.

SauceHockey 12-09-2012 04:52 PM

Why would I feel sorry for them?