HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   10 OHL Players Flying Under the Radar for 2013 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1305723)

Brock 12-09-2012 12:09 PM

10 OHL Players Flying Under the Radar for 2013
 
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...dar-draft.html

The players on this list aren't generating the type of draft buzz they should be at this point.

ottawah 12-09-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 56393197)
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...dar-draft.html

The players on this list aren't generating the type of draft buzz they should be at this point.

Have to agree on Baptiste, I follow him as I met him in Ottawa a few times and watched him fairly often.

Sudbury had been using him more in a third line role, and now that he is on the top line, especially PP, his play has skyrocketed. He's already shown he can play a third/4th line shutdown/physical role, and now he is showing that offensive flair. Has pretty much caught a lot of the other guys listed for the draft much higher in points. Almost caught up to Horvat, Kujawinski, Lodge while passing the likes of Harper, Bailey, Cassels. He is also an Aug B day, one of the youngest players in the draft.

i still think he is probably third line potential at the next level, but to me that a second round pick, maybe even first round by the time the season is ended.

chewerjones 12-09-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawah (Post 56394755)
Have to agree on Baptiste, I follow him as I met him in Ottawa a few times and watched him fairly often.

Sudbury had been using him more in a third line role, and now that he is on the top line, especially PP, his play has skyrocketed. He's already shown he can play a third/4th line shutdown/physical role, and now he is showing that offensive flair. Has pretty much caught a lot of the other guys listed for the draft much higher in points. Almost caught up to Horvat, Kujawinski, Lodge while passing the likes of Harper, Bailey, Cassels. He is also an Aug B day, one of the youngest players in the draft.

i still think he is probably third line potential at the next level, but to me that a second round pick, maybe even first round by the time the season is ended.

Agreed, bot Silk and Baptise are playing well, and if it wasnt for a 10 game suspension, Silk would have another 8-10 points.

Baptiste is benefitting from the ice time due to he injuries to Leivo, Kantor and Silk. Also, he is benefitting from playing on a line with Campagna. Campagna is not a selfish player, and has set up Baptiste and Pancel many times over the last 3 weeks. I would always take a playmaker over a grinder, or goal scorer.

Wolves can have 3 potential draft picks in first 4 rounds- Silk, Baptiste and Campagna.

doogie24 12-09-2012 09:10 PM

That play Elie made on Graham on Friday night was great. First time I really noticed him as a difference maker this year.

clearwater 12-10-2012 07:50 AM

Moutrey is your prototypical skilled power forward. He has always had the potential and is now showing his stuff with the opportunies he is now getting with the spirit this year.

Kingpin794 12-10-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearwater (Post 56417347)
Moutrey is your prototypical skilled power forward. He has always had the potential and is now showing his stuff with the opportunies he is now getting with the spirit this year.

When I watched him play last year, the first thing I thought was Anthony Camara 2.0. The thing is though is that he is developing an offensive game faster than Camara did while still being solid defensively.

Principal14 12-11-2012 08:35 AM

Difruscia belongs on the top 10, he is a solid two way player. Excellent short burst of speed and goes hard to the net all the time

Principal14 12-11-2012 08:37 AM

Nichols will steal some more playing time from Murray if he keeps posting the W's which will help him move up as well

clearwater 12-12-2012 10:12 PM

Moutrey and Bastiste deserve to be in the prospect game as much as Harper, Bailey, Nastasiuk and Kujawinski. They have been consistently playing better, Moutrey even has more points than three of them and is tied with Kujawinski.

ottawah 01-20-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 56393197)
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...dar-draft.html

The players on this list aren't generating the type of draft buzz they should be at this point.

22 points in the last 22 for Baptiste, and still no love.

mapleleaf979 01-20-2013 06:25 PM

Dane Fox, 6-0 185 18 pts in 16 games this year. 54pts in 62 games last year, went undrafted. He's been on fire his last 6 games. Someone to keep an eye on.

massey 01-20-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 (Post 57964449)
Dane Fox, 6-0 185 18 pts in 16 games this year. 54pts in 62 games last year, went undrafted. He's been on fire his last 6 games. Someone to keep an eye on.

Should have been drafted last year but has off ice issues.Hunters gave up on him and traded him.Hope being in Erie has helped the off ice issues.Word gets around on these issues

Snippit 01-20-2013 11:44 PM

Hunter gave up on Fox? Lol?

He was a piece of the McKegg deal. You gotta give to get. He was producing at a PPG pace with us last year, so we wouldn't have traded him unless it was part of an important deal.

JL17 01-21-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snippit (Post 57995355)
Hunter gave up on Fox? Lol?

He was a piece of the McKegg deal. You gotta give to get. He was producing at a PPG pace with us last year, so we wouldn't have traded him unless it was part of an important deal.

It was part of an important deal and he would have probably had more of an impact the McKegg down the stretch.

I miss Fox in London.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.