HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Kings - Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1305863)

QMJHLfollower 12-09-2012 08:46 PM

Kings - Maple Leafs
 
to Los Angeles:

Jesse Blacker, D

To Toronto:

Andrei Loktionov, C

KingCanadain1976 12-09-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 56409019)
to Los Angeles:

Jesse Blacker, D

To Toronto:

Andrei Loktionov, C

no thanks to me the kings have enuff young defenseman Campbell Hickey Muzzin Nicolas Deslauriers Bodnarchuk David Kolomatis Derek Forbert etc

There was another offer from leafs fans that a few kingfans like myself liked thats carter ashton for Andrei Loktionov

JKsilverstick* 12-09-2012 09:21 PM

Is he actually a center? What kind of player is he?

KingCanadain1976 12-09-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKsilverstick (Post 56409871)
Is he actually a center? What kind of player is he?

He is a top 6 center thats stuck behind koptiar and richards and stoll. He needs to be in a more offensive system. Hes not going to be able to move them so the kings have tryed him as a lw but hes not developing into one. He needs more offensive players on his wings. I see him as a 50 point center with being reasonabley defensively responceable

seanlinden 12-09-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 56409019)
to Los Angeles:

Jesse Blacker, D

To Toronto:

Andrei Loktionov, C

Nah...

Loktionov realistically isn't an appreciable upgrade over any of our centres.

The Podium 12-09-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 56409287)
no thanks to me the kings have enuff young defenseman Campbell Hickey Muzzin Nicolas Deslauriers Bodnarchuk David Kolomatis Derek Forbert etc

There was another offer from leafs fans that a few kingfans like myself liked thats carter ashton for Andrei Loktionov

I like that actually, we have plenty of Ashton like prospects and are thin at C

Liferleafer 12-09-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 56409287)
no thanks to me the kings have enuff young defenseman Campbell Hickey Muzzin Nicolas Deslauriers Bodnarchuk David Kolomatis Derek Forbert etc

There was another offer from leafs fans that a few kingfans like myself liked thats carter ashton for Andrei Loktionov

Ashton for Lok is done for me. We are loaded at wing and need some centers.

BonMorrison 12-09-2012 09:57 PM

I would do it from a Leafs POV. Been a big fan of Loktionov since watching him in junior, I think he'd easily surpass Colborne on the C depth chart and we have enough D prospects to replace Blacker.

KingCanadain1976 12-09-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 56410915)
I would do it from a Leafs POV. Been a big fan of Loktionov since watching him in junior, I think he'd easily surpass Colborne on the C depth chart and we have enough D prospects to replace Blacker.

so do the kings What about ashton carter for Loktionov ?

BonkTastic 12-09-2012 10:04 PM

As a Sens fan, I'd be worried about a player like Loktionov on the Leafs. I think he'd do phenomenally well in Toronto.

In conclusion: I propose the Leafs politely decline this deal.

KingCanadain1976 12-09-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkTastic (Post 56411131)
As a Sens fan, I'd be worried about a player like Loktionov on the Leafs. I think he'd do phenomenally well in Toronto.

In conclusion: I propose the Leafs politely decline this deal.

:laugh: this should tell you leafs fans something if the sens want you to decline it.:naughty:

Liferleafer 12-09-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 56410983)
so do the kings What about ashton carter for Loktionov ?

Yup...without thinking twice.

seanlinden 12-09-2012 10:12 PM

To all the Leafs fans who think it's a good idea trading for Loktionov... where does he play?

KingCanadain1976 12-09-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 56411369)
To all the Leafs fans who think it's a good idea trading for Loktionov... where does he play?

not a leaf fan but he can replace bozak when you use him to get loungo

The Podium 12-09-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 56411369)
To all the Leafs fans who think it's a good idea trading for Loktionov... where does he play?

AHL... C dont know what your asking. I the lineup we can have him on the third line, or replace Bozak, or use him as a trading chip. Why have W prospects when were set for a while on W?

Telos 12-09-2012 10:15 PM

There's nothing wrong with it other than LA is too flush with defenseman and defensive prospects. Either a winger prospect or a draft pick would be what they are looking for.

KingCanadain1976 12-09-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 56411465)
There's nothing wrong with it other than LA is too flush with defenseman and defensive prospects. Either a winger prospect or a draft pick would be what they are looking for.

This is why i sorta switched it to lotkionov for ashton carter suits the kings need much better.

Liferleafer 12-09-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 56411417)
not a leaf fan but he can replace bozak when you use him to get loungo

I was thinking this, even if not, center depth in the orginization is a good thing.

glenbuis 12-09-2012 10:19 PM

Is loktionov very physical. If he's not I really hope the leafs get him.:p:

etherialone 12-09-2012 10:20 PM

Carter Ashton would be a perfect value for value deal between the two teams. Exactly equal value. One is a scoring/talented young center who has proven that h can play at the NHL level but needs time and a little more O system to continue his growth into a top 6 er (I see AL as a second line center with really nice hands) and the other is a solid LW prospect who projects to a second/third line forward who should be a good character (ish) add to the Kings who might become a second line LW in time.

The Leafs could use a talented second line center who has some good NHL experience (ready to step in and play) and the Kings can use the depth on wing in their system.

etherialone 12-09-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenbuis (Post 56411577)
Is loktionov very physical. If he's not I really hope the leafs get him.:p:

He isn't soft by any means but he certainly isn't physical, his game is more of a really shifty/smart one who is willing to get dirty once in awhile to get the job done (not too dirty, but a little dirty anyways).

Solid second line Russian center type.

Liferleafer 12-09-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 56411609)
Carter Ashton would be a perfect value for value deal between the two teams. Exactly equal value. One is a scoring/talented young center who has proven that h can play at the NHL level but needs time and a little more O system to continue his growth into a top 6 er (I see AL as a second line center with really nice hands) and the other is a solid LW prospect who projects to a second/third line forward who should be a good character (ish) add to the Kings who might become a second line LW in time.

The Leafs could use a talented second line center who has some good NHL experience (ready to step in and play) and the Kings can use the depth on wing in their system.

Totally agree...we need some solud center depth. From what i've seen, which i admit is not much, Lok looks pretty good defensively as well.

etherialone 12-09-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liferleafer (Post 56411747)
Totally agree...we need some solud center depth. From what i've seen, which i admit is not much, Lok looks pretty good defensively as well.

Yep Loki is a very solid two way player.

The Podium 12-09-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liferleafer (Post 56411747)
Totally agree...we need some solud center depth. From what i've seen, which i admit is not much, Lok looks pretty good defensively as well.

Ya he is, which is why he can center our third, or be slotted between Kessel and Lupul to provide D for that line.

Liferleafer 12-09-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Podium (Post 56411885)
Ya he is, which is why he can center our third, or be slotted between Kessel and Lupul to provide D for that line.

Ditto...he is a goid skater for that line as well. Makes Bozak moveable and i just don"t see were Ashton fits with our glut of NHL wingers.

Man...this is the easiest deal we've ever done on HF!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.