HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let the floodgates open (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=130615)

acr* 02-18-2005 09:02 PM

Let the floodgates open

There will be hockey this year according to many many reliable sources

Any Predictions on the free agent/salary dump scramble over the next week and a half?

Shane 02-18-2005 09:07 PM

There are rumours about Kariya to Vancouver, but I'll believe it when I see it.

blah 02-18-2005 09:13 PM

LeClair, Amonte, Burke, and possibly Brashear buyouts.

acr* 02-18-2005 09:27 PM

I'd love a guy like an Amonte or LeClair on the B's, they're real leaders who can give Thornton a kick in the butt when he gets lazy. I don't know if Jacobs would give them as much money as they'd probably be asking for. They're both New England boys, maybe they'd like to play for a hometown discount :)

JonathanTwinkleToews 02-18-2005 09:28 PM

Kariya to Vancouver.

If that doesn't happen, then someone else will be signed by Vancouver.

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi (yes, Bertuzzi. No way he'll still be suspended)
Sedin-Sedin-Free Agent.

:)

HuskyFlames 02-18-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brule
Kariya to Vancouver.

If that doesn't happen, then someone else will be signed by Vancouver.

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi (yes, Bertuzzi. No way he'll still be suspended)
Sedin-Sedin-Free Agent.

:)

#1 - Will Naslund even be back?

#2 - Bertuzzi isn't even stated to play yet.

If those two things don't go in favor of the Canucks, welcome to the bottom of the western conference.

Jovavic 02-18-2005 09:34 PM

Marchant will be waived to the AHL. After sitting down there for a few weeks as the veteran scratch, he'll waive his NTC.

I wouldn't mind seeing Demitra between Nash and Vyborny, but I'm sure alot of teams would like Demitra to be their first line center.

JonathanTwinkleToews 02-18-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan

If those two things don't go in favor of the Canucks, welcome to the bottom of the western conference.

Then welcome Brule or Crosby.

borro 02-18-2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

Bertuzzi is a can of worms. In some measure there was no precedent. I say create a suspended sentence. If it happens again, ban him from the game for a minimum of 1 year, no appeal on that portion. Since he didn't have a history before this, I say cut the guy a break. On the downside, I say make him liable for any civil damages/suits against the NHL as a condition of allowing him to play. Thoughts?

Reaper45 02-18-2005 09:40 PM

Kariya to Los Angeles.

JonathanTwinkleToews 02-18-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borro
Bertuzzi is a can of worms. In some measure there was no precedent. I say create a suspended sentence. If it happens again, ban him from the game for a minimum of 1 year, no appeal on that portion. Since he didn't have a history before this, I say cut the guy a break. On the downside, I say make him liable for any civil damages/suits against the NHL as a condition of allowing him to play. Thoughts?

If it happens again, ban him for life and throw him in jail. But it won't, not after what has happened. The guy learned from his mistake, he's not that stupid.

Reaper45 02-18-2005 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah

I hope Huggy Bear never plays in the NHL again. The dude is a chump.

Shane 02-18-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Naslund will be back. Bertuzzi could be tricky, but I'm optimistic.

borro 02-18-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brule
If it happens again, ban him for life and throw him in jail. But it won't, not after what has happened. The guy learned from his mistake, he's not that stupid.

That's kind of my unbiased (not a Canuck fan ) opinion. Is my idea reasonable to you? I see the purpose of punishment is to reinforce correction. Seems to have been done already.

salty justice 02-18-2005 10:03 PM

Murray and/or Demitra to CHICAGO!!!!

Reaper45 02-18-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theBob

Ha with Wirtz? Your more likely to see Mike Keane! :help:

JonathanTwinkleToews 02-18-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Ha with Wirtz? Your more likely to see Mike Keane! :help:

He might have to persuade Keane to sign for 45k.

Winston Wolf 02-19-2005 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acr
I'd love a guy like an Amonte or LeClair on the B's, they're real leaders who can give Thornton a kick in the butt when he gets lazy.

Amonte or LeClair giving someone a kick in the butt when they get lazy? :lol: :lol Real leaders? :lol: :lol :lol:

JSmith81x 02-19-2005 02:39 AM

Quote:

Murray's going to Detroit. I'd love Demitra in between Daze and Ruutu, but it's not gonna happen.

Steve L* 02-19-2005 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acr
I'd love a guy like an Amonte or LeClair on the B's, they're real leaders who can give Thornton a kick in the butt when he gets lazy.

This has to be sarcasm! :lol :lol :lol: :eek:

jb** 02-19-2005 08:05 AM

Quote:

don't think that will hapen with a shortended season, they will take a run to win the Cup with the team that ended last season. Unless they decide to bring in a couple young players.

Bobby Lou 02-19-2005 08:30 AM

Quote:

#1 - Definitely for a season this year as he has time left on contract
#2 - Can't see them suspending him any longer, especially with the civil suit.

And sorry, but the Canucks are taking the division again this year.

GKJ 02-19-2005 08:45 AM

Quote:

They'll keep Burke to hopefulyl trade some. He will be of use to someone and would be wise to keep him, because they will get something for him.

Don't be so sure about LeClair. LeClair's contract is up this season, and might be wise just to keep him around, just in case. He has a $9M deal but with a rollback and a shortened season that comes down considerably.

Amonte will be gone.

GKJ 02-19-2005 08:46 AM

Quote:

I don't think they will fit in under Bill Wirtz's $14M salary cap.

NFITO 02-19-2005 08:49 AM

the canucks are in a great position whether Naslund's back or not, and whatever happens with Bertuzzi.

Pretty much everyone on the team is signed, the payroll sitting at $43mill, without a rollback.

Put in a $45mill cap, we're still fine - $2mill extra room with the roster as is... Naslund leaves, that opens up another $5.5mill.

Add a rollback, and we've got tons of room, everyone still signed, and a team that has already said they are willing to commit up to $48 mill (without cap considerations) in payroll.

Naslund and Bert aren't back, there's still lots of room to add payroll, lots of good UFAs still out there and a team - that unlike many out there is both under a current cap as being discussed, and a franchise that has the $$ to go to that cap limit.

If Bert's suspension continues (IMO it won't), then that opens up a huge payroll slot to go after a guy like Palffy or Murray... Kariya seems to be a lock to be signed - even with Naslund coming back (unless the cap doesn't allow it if there is no rollback)... both sides had confirmed a while back that the hold up was a CBA situation, but $$ and length had been agreed on unless a cap wouldn't make it work. It makes sense to sign Kariya in any case, whether Naslund is back or not, since he won't be around for long and Kariya, being a local boy and still a star player, would be a good transition player for the canucks once Naslund leaves.

hell at this point, if I'm the canucks I'd seriously consider bringing in both Kariya and Selanne - yea I know not too popular right now, but even if all Selanne's got is 20 goals a year (which IMO is a given with him in Vancouver, and I'm not completely discounting him based on 1 bad season in a system and team that he simply didn't fit in), then he still makes sense... of course at a much reduced price on a 1 yr deal.