Minecraft (Part IV) - Home of the Hfboards Minecraft Server
Welcome to the Minecraft thread, home of the HFMC server!
Please feel free to talk about anything Minecraft in this thread.
HFMC Server info:
Server IP: 126.96.36.199:25574
Server Map: http://188.8.131.52:42580/
You will need to sign up in order to be able to access the server. This whitelist keeps outside griefers from destroying things. To sign up to the server:
- Read the rules/new member tips written below.
- Post a message in this thread indicating that you would like to join the server along with the following text: "I have read the rules and agree to their conditions". Make sure to include your Minecraft username in the message. We will add you to the whitelist as soon as possible and respond in the thread.
We have an easy going group here - there are not many rules and they are pretty obvious. Just respect each other and everything will be fine. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to a warning and/or ban from the server.
1. Respect people's property. This is all encompassing - Don't break stuff, don't steal, don't leave open doors/gates when leaving their houses. We can and will find out who did it and act accordingly, as some people have learned the hard way.
2. Don't kill other players outside of PVP combat. There is a PVP zone on the map where players can go there and fight, but no killing players via traps or other means outside of this area.
3. Responsible resource gathering. There are many public farms available for you to use when starting out (Farm info on post #3 of this thread). Please remember to always replant what you take for the next person to use and when taking animals always breed a replacement for each one you take. When mining, if you break into someone else's mine let them have the area and start digging in another direction further away.
4. Redstone and Redstone Machines. This server has a lot of them and they are great time savers for players, however they can also break if not used properly. The rule here is, if you see a button/lever and don't know what it does, don't touch it. Ask another member if you have questions about it - they will likely know.
5. No Hate speech. The server does not have any language filters and it is "for an adult audience" however blatant inappropriate speech will not be tolerated. This has never been an issue and we don't anticipate it to be but should still be considered a rule.
TIPS/SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW SERVER MEMBERS
- When trying to decide where to build your new home, check the Server Map first. Use this map to scout out the terrain and pick a place. Please give neighbors around you a lot of space as you never know how big their plans are or what may be hiding underground.
- The red circle you see on the online map is the current world border - you can't cross it without being teleported back. This has been implemented so that we can keep the map from exploding in size while also making travel within our world much less cumbersome. This border will be subject to expansion as it is deemed necessary.
- With the border system in place that means that we need to take good care of the natural resources available. That means replant the wild trees/crops you take and when shoveling sand you leave the bottom layer so that it still looks like a desert. These small things make a huge difference in how to world looks.
- If you don't already, use the Minecraft Wiki it's the default user guide for minecraft and is an endless source of useful knowledge on the game. That said, don't be afraid to ask other members if you need help understanding it further.
- Using the commands /Lock and /Unlock allows you to place locks on your chests and furnaces so that other players can't open them. Using the command /Cprivate USERNAME allows you to lock an item for yourself and the person you put in the USERNAME field. Any chests/furnaces you place are currently set to default to locked.
- Lastly, if you do happen to accidentally break something (creeper blast, dug into it by accident, water damage ect..) and you can't fix it, please tell someone. It takes 2 seconds to find out in the logs who broke something and we're gonna be a whole lot less upset about it if we are told right away and don't find out some other way possibly causing even more damage. Also, if you see any damage elsewhere not caused by you please report it so we can fix it.
Mods Currently Turned On For HFMC Server
- LWC (Private Locks for Players)
- Endermen Cannot Pick Up Blocks
- Fire Cannot Spread or Burn Blocks
- Lightning Does Not Cause Fire
- Mobs/Animals Cannot Trample Farmland/Crops (Only Players Can)
- HFMC Online Map
- World Border
- Automatic World Saving every 15 Minutes
- Automatic Server Backups Every 12 Hours
- Automatic Block Logging for Administrators
Useful Minecraft Links
Official site: www.minecraft.net
Enchanting Probability Tables
[******] General Minecraft Discussion
[******] Minecraft Inventions
[******] Minecraft (Details) Compilation
[******] List of planned additions to Minecraft
Updated to the wrong version and need to revert? use this:
Minecraft Version Changer
Useful Minecraft Mods
Villager Trade Charts
Enchanting Tables (For Books)
HFMC Public Farm / Property Listings.
This post will serve as a summary of the various public farms and properties throughout the HFMC server.
Spawn Base - Spawn
In addition to being the home of the Iron and Witch farms, Spawn Base also features basic starter farms for new players as well as specialty
farms such the Ice block farm and the mushroom farm. Mini games and Shops to be added soon!
Public Farm - Public Farm Portal in Nether
Crops, crops and more crops available from Viro's public farm.
Tree Farm - Tree Farm Portal
Jackthemayor has made his massive tree farm at his house open to the public. Oaks, Spruces and Birches galore! Remember to replant what you take.
Wool Towers - Wool Towers Portal
Headcrusher needs a lot of wool for his masterpieces so he's building 16 towers of sheep - one for each type!
Cow Factory - Cow Factory Portal (Next To Spawn Portal in Nether)
Mass cow breeding facility for all your Beef, Leather and Wheat needs.
Horse Farm - Horse Farm Portal (Near PVP Portal) In Nether
Breed Horses, Mules and Donkeys and then test the babies using the speed and jump testing machines to decide which ones to keep. Make sure to follow on site instructions (you will need 2 golden carrots, sugar, a rope lead and a saddle for each baby).
Mooshroom Island - Mooshroom Island Portal.
Take a mooshroom or two home with you. Remember to breed replacements for the next person!
Iron Farm - Spawn Portal
9 Mega towers at spawn produce a constant stream of iron golems that then get processed into iron ingots.
Gold Farm - Spawn Room in Nether
Head up to the nether roof and collect gold from the hundreds on dead pigmen. Easy money! This is a mob cap farm - this means that when more than one player is in the nether at the same time the mob rates drop like 95% so use it when people aren't on or are in the overworld/end.
PVP Arena - PVP Arena Portal
A collection of minigames and arenas for player vs player combat. Currently featuring: PVP Arena, Redstone Paintball Arena, King of the Ladders 2.0 and Smoothstone Spleef! This is the only place on the map where killing other players is permitted.
Enderman Farm - End Portal in Nether, Take the rail down.
THE place to go for xp. 0-30 in 90 seconds.
Witch Farm - Spawn Portal
Best place to go to collect potion/brewing supplies. This is a mob cap farm - this means that when more than one player is in the overworld (or online) at the same time the witch rates drop like 95% so use it when people aren't on or are in the nether/end.
Monster Farm - Monster Farm Portal
Get your Creeper, Skeleton and Zombie Drops here. Now with Music Disc collection! This is a mob cap farm - this means that when more than one player is in the overworld (or online) at the same time the mob rates drop like 95% so use it when people aren't on or are in the nether/end.
Nether Farm - Follow Signs in the Nether
Huge flattened nether fortress provides optimal hunting ground for wither skeletons. Come prepared, this place is dangerous and everything in the nether spawns here.
Blaze Farms - Follow signs in the Nether
In the same region as the Nether farm two seperate Blaze farms have been built (Farm #1 and #2). Great source of Blaze Rods and AFK xp.
Triple Cave Spider Farm - 3X Spiderfarm portal in Nether
Easy source of string, but not much else. Still when you need a lot of it, this is the place to go.
Wither Killing Area - Spawn Room in Nether
With bedrock floors everywhere and beacons to help you in your fight, this is the ONLY place on the server where you will be allowed to build/fight Withers.
Moar liek Whinecraft.
Oooh, don't break my rules or I'll cry.
Call the whaaaaaaambulance.
We put those rules in there to keep scum like you out Towers :laugh:
So uh. I created a wither in the Lavateria and the cobble generator that I had just rebooted about 30 seconds earlier decided to stop working again. Wither on the loose.
He was surprisingly easy to kill. I made a bit of a mess but i think I cleaned most of it up. Just blew out some walls.
Just been to my house and looked outside. Well played *tips hat*.
Am i the only one who loves to listen to classical music when playing Minecraft? This is an amazing piece to listen to when playing Minecraft:
But in caves; i prefer more beethoven/Bach stuff. Especially songs with cellos! Ofc, Uematsu pieces with Cellos always works too ;)
I'd like to join this server.. I've read the rules...I agree to these conditions..
Minecraft name: ComradeObama
No hate speech is a rule? But what if I hate KR? Screw you KR! :sarcasm:
There's a starter chest marked out for you at the spawn house.
Found Diamonds yesterday. The second time since i joined this server... >.<
Got a cool pickaxe tho. Efficency IV + Fortnate III + Unbreaking III or something like that.
Anway: Randal: Where is the teleport inside Matrix to my jungle? I cannot find it... :<
I really only just hate KR. Being a smartass and a Sharks fan isn't a good way of going through life, Mr. R. :laugh:
The button is at your first house, on the wall opposite the first teleport button.
Oh, i its at my place... :laugh:
Nah, each player only gets one personal teleport in the teleport room. Anything else would be connected to your house.
So Kimi tonight I have seen:
all spawn in the witch hut. So uhhh... uh oh? Also, witches give a lot of health pots.
Randal.... so I'm testing the nether rail and it seems to be working just fine. Please tell me it fully works and we can get rid of TPs. PLEASE?!
Ive been experiencing alot of lag lately. Its not unusual that i place something in a chest or take some items in my inventory and then when i check next time, they are no there. And when i teleport, there is always lag. Today when teleported to the matrix, i was stuck in a black place and had to exit the game.
Am i the only one? :(
Demonstration and the redstone starts around 6:00 minute mark
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.