HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   NFL: Which Matt is more overrated? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1306267)

SpinTheBlackCircle 12-10-2012 10:27 PM

Which Matt is more overrated?

Even though I am a Falcons fan, it's a tough question for me

MurrayBannerman 12-10-2012 10:36 PM

Tough question for anyone. Stafford has some weird problems this year that can't continue, but Ryan has been all over the place, even when good. Schaub has been rated correctly, in my opinion.

bambamcam4ever 12-10-2012 11:14 PM

Close between Stafford and Ryan, but since Ryan was being talked about as a leading MVP candidate earlier this year, I'll have to go with him.

GKJ 12-10-2012 11:21 PM

Stafford is Philip Rivers to me, without an attitude problem. He'll probably be overrated in 5 years, but he isn't right now.

I don't think Schaub gets overrated, only because no one ever talks about him.

Ryan is from Philadelphia, and has to drop that "bound for disappointment" stench. He's still better than I thought he would be out of college. Overrated because of the playoff record, but all three games were against guys went to the Super Bowl, and are going to the Hall of Fame. First step for him was finally winning the rematch against the Saints, he was 0-4 before it.

What the Faulk 12-10-2012 11:24 PM

Ryan or Stafford. I thought Ryan was turning the corner this year and Stafford last, but neither has impressed me lately. I never thought Schaub was that great, but he gets the job done and no one puts him up there with the others. For now.

Bob Richards 12-10-2012 11:37 PM

To me, Stafford is just really good at chucking the ball 10,000 yards down field.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod 12-10-2012 11:41 PM

Matt Sanchez

Hank Chinaski 12-10-2012 11:45 PM

Don't know that Stafford is all that overrated, unless you take fantasy numbers to be the measure of QB ability. I think most see him for what he is, a middle-tier QB with some upside but who is basically a Jeff George-esque stat hound at present. Same with Schaub, seems like most recognize him as a decent game managing QB who can connect on some long throws. If anything, I think Schaub tends to get underrated.

That leaves Ryan. Is anyone still trying to make a case for him as MVP?

Big McLargehuge 12-10-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 56442355)
Stafford is Philip Rivers to me, without an attitude problem. He'll probably be overrated in 5 years, but he isn't right now.

I don't think Schaub gets overrated, only because no one ever talks about him.

Ryan is from Philadelphia, and has to drop that "bound for disappointment" stench. He's still better than I thought he would be out of college. Overrated because of the playoff record, but all three games were against guys went to the Super Bowl, and are going to the Hall of Fame. First step for him was finally winning the rematch against the Saints, he was 0-4 before it.

My thoughts mirror this. Stafford is only overrated if you equate fantasy relevance with real-life quality. The Rivers-without-being-a-***** comparison seems very apt, though Rivers was far more highly thought of at this point of his career than Stafford is. It wasn't until Eli won his first Super Bowl that Rivers really started getting the 'your turn' stink eye.

Schaub is a Texan...it's hard for a Texan to get overrated just because of how localized their fan base is.

Ryan...well I didn't know he was from Philadelphia, but now it explains so much ;)

LatvianTwist 12-10-2012 11:58 PM

Stafford and his ****ing annoying sidearm.

EpochLink 12-11-2012 12:09 AM

Matt Ryan better lead the Falcons to the show this year..or else, some other NFC team who beats there ass has their one way ticket booked to the Super Bowl

Gene Parmesan 12-11-2012 12:28 AM

Matt Stafford for me. He puts up huge numbers for fantasy geeks but hes Jeff George 2.0 minus the attitude.

thestonedkoala 12-11-2012 02:42 AM

Stafford by a hair and only because of the disaster that is the Lions. How they got beat twice by the Vikings, I'll never know. But they did. Lions always underachieve somehow. With Calvin Johnson, Brandon Pettigrew, Suh (jackass) and a good coach, how they lost to the Titans, to the Vikings (twice), and sit at 4-9 instead of 7-5 is beyond any comprehension.

darko 12-11-2012 03:46 AM

Stafford with Ryan close 2nd.

Pajicz 12-11-2012 05:48 AM

I don't really see any of those three being overrated... but had to choose, so Stafford it is.

What the Faulk 12-11-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo (Post 56445227)
Stafford by a hair and only because of the disaster that is the Lions. How they got beat twice by the Vikings, I'll never know. But they did. Lions always underachieve somehow. With Calvin Johnson, Brandon Pettigrew, Suh (jackass) and a good coach, how they lost to the Titans, to the Vikings (twice), and sit at 4-9 instead of 7-5 is beyond any comprehension.

Simple. Schwartz isn't a good coach and the Vikings have Adrian Peterson.