HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WJC: Ranking the teams top 6 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1306331)

flames12 12-11-2012 01:35 AM

Ranking the teams top 6
 
How would you guys rank the teams top 6 fowards somethig like

1.Canada
2.Russia
3.Finland
4.USA
5.Sweden
rest?

bcv 12-11-2012 01:44 AM

Canada
Sweden
Russia
USA
Finland
Switzerland/CZE/Slovakia

Nash 12-11-2012 01:50 AM

Without getting into 1A/1B, ties, or leaving spaces to indicate a gap, I'd rank them in this order...

1. Russia
2. Canada
3. Sweden
4. Finland
5. USA
6. Czech Republic

Russia and Canada are very close though, but I have to give the edge to the home nation with 9 returning players. If the US gets stellar goaltending and plays a great team game, they could rank higher, but I can't project on maybes.

Statsy 12-11-2012 06:27 AM

1. Canada
2. Russia
3. Sweden
4. USA
5. Finland
6. Czech Republic

stempniaksen 12-11-2012 06:44 AM

If RNH ends up playing Canada is #1, if by some miracle the lockout is solved and he gets pulled then the Canadians drop down to #2 behind Russia.

Fourier 12-11-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stempniaksen (Post 56446141)
If RNH ends up playing Canada is #1, if by some miracle the lockout is solved and he gets pulled then the Canadians drop down to #2 behind Russia.

Russia would also lose Yakupov.

InjuredChoker 12-11-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statsy (Post 56446063)
1. Canada
2. Russia
3. Sweden
4. USA
5. Finland
6. Czech Republic

Mine too.

Lessy 12-11-2012 09:34 AM

Not to sound like a homer but anyone who doesn't have Canada first in this thread is delusional (while there's a lockout). The majority, if not the entire top six would be in the NHL right now with some being top 6 guys in the NHL...

ElHefe 12-11-2012 09:42 AM

Finland:

Barkov
Armia
Teräväinen
Granlund
Lehkonen
Salomäki

also: Ikonen, Aaltonen etc

Not bad, not bad at all my friends..

Fulcrum 12-11-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElHefe (Post 56447529)
Finland:

Barkov
Armia
Teräväinen
Granlund
Lehkonen
Salomäki

also: Ikonen, Aaltonen etc

Not bad, not bad at all my friends..

This is fun, Russia:

Yakupov
Grigorenko
Kucherov
Slepyshev
Sigarev
Zlobin
Kosov
Zharkov
Zadorov
Shalunov
Khokhlochev
Nichushkin
Vassilevski
Makarov

Also, my dad can beat up your dad. :)

Fulcrum 12-11-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lessy (Post 56447399)
Not to sound like a homer but anyone who doesn't have Canada first in this thread is delusional (while there's a lockout). The majority, if not the entire top six would be in the NHL right now with some being top 6 guys in the NHL...

Like 95% of the Russian squad are in KHL vs 6-10 Canadians in NHL, I don't think it's delusional.

I think your statement is as arrogant as those posting that Canada is some unbeatable team, yet Russia pounded them twice just in August.

ElHefe 12-11-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulcrum (Post 56447585)
This is fun, Russia:

Yakupov
Grigorenko
Kucherov
Slepyshev
Sigarev
Zlobin
Kosov
Zharkov
Zadorov
Shalunov
Khokhlochev
Nichushkin
Vassilevski
Makarov

Also, my dad can beat up your dad. :)

How about the defence?

Määttä
Ristolainen
Pokka
Lindbohm
Lindell
Vainonen

Besides: No one can beat my dad.

Fulcrum 12-11-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElHefe (Post 56447721)
How about the defence?

Määttä
Ristolainen
Pokka
Lindbohm
Lindell
Vainonen

Besides: No one can beat my dad.

except my mom

hehe, I can list Russian Defense too.

TheFatOne 12-11-2012 10:15 AM

1.Russia
2.Canada
3.Finland
4.Sweden
5.USA
6.Czech

99GoHabsGo99 12-11-2012 10:17 AM

Im not a Biased Canadian

i think it will be either Canada/Russia, Gonna be a close and very exciting WJC

Dgill 12-11-2012 10:23 AM

Finland should surprise a lot of people, they got some great talent there and are always capable of pulling off the win. Still got Canada pegged as number one though, it's always disappointing when they don't win.

SH15 12-11-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulcrum (Post 56447599)
Like 95% of Russian of the Russian squad are in KHL vs 6-10 Canadians in NHL, I don't think it's delusional.

I think your statement is as arrogant as those posting that Canada is some unbeatable team, yet Russia pounded them twice just in August.

Please. Canada dominated 3 of the 4 games in the summer series. Russia was clearly the better team and dominant in Game 2, but I can't say the same for Game 3 as they were outshot 42-27 but won 6-5.

I do not agree with those saying Canada is some sort of mythical unbeatable team just because there is a lockout. This is NOT 2005 and people need to stop thinking that. While there is some sick talent, it is not on the same level. Anything can happen in 1-off games. Canada will not steamroll like they did in 2005 and I expect the knockout games to be nail biters.

As to the original topic, with the lockout in place, Canada clearly has the best Top 6 forwards. They don't give out gold medals based on that though.

PensBandwagonerNo272 12-11-2012 10:39 AM

1. Canada
2. Russia
3. Finland
4. USA
5. Sweden
6. Czech Republic

tourlord* 12-11-2012 10:52 AM

Canada
Sweden
Russia
Finland
USA
Swiss

Lessy 12-11-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulcrum (Post 56447599)
Like 95% of the Russian squad are in KHL vs 6-10 Canadians in NHL, I don't think it's delusional.

I think your statement is as arrogant as those posting that Canada is some unbeatable team, yet Russia pounded them twice just in August.

Rank Canada's top six forwards and Russia's top six forwards, put them side by side and Canada will be > on every one of them. Canada isn't unbeatable, especially in a one game tournament but on paper they are head and shoulders above everyone else. All it takes is a lights out goaltending performance to eliminate them though - certainly not a lock for gold. Also in the summer Canada didn't have that guy who is by far the best player in the tournament/a first line centre in the NHL...

Fulcrum 12-11-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lessy (Post 56449263)
Rank Canada's top six forwards and Russia's top six forwards, put them side by side and Canada will be > on every one of them. Canada isn't unbeatable, especially in a one game tournament but on paper they are head and shoulders above everyone else. All it takes is a lights out goaltending performance to eliminate them though - certainly not a lock for gold. Also in the summer Canada didn't have that guy who is by far the best player in the tournament/a first line centre in the NHL...

what criteria would you use to compare the players?

Bure 12-11-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lessy (Post 56449263)
Rank Canada's top six forwards and Russia's top six forwards, put them side by side and Canada will be > on every one of them. Canada isn't unbeatable, especially in a one game tournament but on paper they are head and shoulders above everyone else. All it takes is a lights out goaltending performance to eliminate them though - certainly not a lock for gold. Also in the summer Canada didn't have that guy who is by far the best player in the tournament/a first line centre in the NHL...

How would you rank them? One team has players mostly in one league, and one team has players mostly in another.

I'm sure you scout KHL games to be able to make a fair assessment.

Crimson Skorpion 12-11-2012 12:16 PM

1. Russia
2. Canada
3. USA
4. Sweden
5. Finland
6. Czech Republic

Lessy 12-11-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure (Post 56449797)
How would you rank them? One team has players mostly in one league, and one team has players mostly in another.

I'm sure you scout KHL games to be able to make a fair assessment.

Well can we agree the NHL is the best league in the world? Only one Russian would be in the NHL this year. Probably 4-5 Canadians in the top six...

Fulcrum 12-11-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lessy (Post 56450693)
Well can we agree the NHL is the best league in the world? Only one Russian would be in the NHL this year. Probably 4-5 Canadians in the top six...

what do you think about almost ALL of them playing in the KHL?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.