HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your Most Underrated Prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1306657)

franfrey* 12-11-2012 08:44 PM

Your Most Underrated Prospect
 
Watching Teemu Hartikainen play in the AHL this year has convinced me that he's by far the Oilers' most underrated prospect. He's been consistently dominant and is strong as a bull. Definitely belongs in the NHL.

So with that I ask you, who is your team's most underrated prospect?

EDIT: I mean "underrated," as in by the general HF population, not by your own team's fans.

tiger_80 12-11-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yourface (Post 56466287)
Watching Teemu Hartikainen play in the AHL this year has convinced me that he's by far the Oilers' most underrated prospect. He's been consistently dominant and is strong as a bull. Definitely belongs in the NHL.

So with that I ask you, who is your team's most underrated prospect?

Hartikainen is not underrated by most Oilers' fans. I am skeptical about most Oilers' prospects, but I think one guy who is underrated is David Musil. IMHO, he will be in the NHL sooner rather than later. The question is whether he peaks as a No.6 d-man or develops into a top 4 guy.

Common Sense 12-11-2012 08:52 PM

For the Pens, Beau Bennett. Overshadowed by our D prospects.

Habsawce 12-11-2012 08:56 PM

Morgan Ellis for Montreal.

He has the chance to be a very well rounded defenseman and doesn't get enough love for his overall skill level! I predict he'll be Denis Seidenberg 2.0!

franfrey* 12-11-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_80 (Post 56466427)
Hartikainen is not underrated by most Oilers' fans. I am skeptical about most Oilers' prospects, but I think one guy who is underrated is David Musil. IMHO, he will be in the NHL sooner rather than later. The question is whether he peaks as a No.6 d-man or develops into a top 4 guy.

I agree that he's not exactly underrated by Oilers fans. I'm talking about the general HF population here. I'd consider him our fourth best prospect, between Klefbom and Marincin. He'll figure in the Oilers' top-9 for years to come IMO (starting this/next year).

P10p 12-11-2012 09:16 PM

Jason Zucker.

I know he gets attention but after seeing him play this year in every game, I don't think most people realize just how fast and skilled he is. Along with his shot, makes for an extremely complete and offensive player.

TheHudlinator 12-11-2012 09:18 PM

Bill Arnold for the Flames

He was a pgg at the WJC last year and almost a ppg in hockey east this year. Most likely only a 3rd liner but I think he will be a top 3rd liner he is great defensively and still has offensive skill.

Velociraptor 12-11-2012 09:24 PM

Frankie Corrado for the Nucks, hopefully not anymore after the Canada selection camp.

Smart, two-way defenseman who captains the Sudbury Wolves.

rt 12-11-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 56466653)
Morgan Ellis for Montreal.

He has the chance to be a very well rounded defenseman and doesn't get enough love for his overall skill level! I predict he'll be Denis Seidenberg 2.0!

Morgan Ellis is a really underrated prospect. Good call.

For the Phoenix Coyotes I'm going to say Henrik Samuelsson AINEC.

Nobody outside of Edmonton seems to understand that Samuelsson is an excellent prospect. I was jumping up and down on draft day, screaming his name as the Coyotes walked to the podium. I about had a joy seizure when they actually selected him. Love this player.

People seem to think that he's a fourth line rat. I think that is his absolute downside.

CNS 12-11-2012 10:02 PM

Kevin Gravel. NO ONE outside of the Kings boards talks about him. Played for the US at the last WJC and has been playing well with St. Cloud State. I think he has the potential to be a very good defender at the NHL level. With Mitchell being close to retirement and Scuds getting up there, there should be two spots available for defensive defenseman. I see three possible candidates right now to fill those two holes: Forbort, Muzzin, and Gravel.

PhilaFlyers 12-11-2012 10:02 PM

Jason Akeson for the Flyers

SevenOfSpades 12-11-2012 10:09 PM

Shane Prince.

Among the Sens boards, he's loved. Elsewhere he's not talked about much. Smart, shifty winger with great work ethic.

A little undersized, but projects to be a 2nd-3rd tweener (EDIT: best case scenario).

Mc5RingsAndABeer 12-11-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yourface (Post 56466287)
Watching Teemu Hartikainen play in the AHL this year has convinced me that he's by far the Oilers' most underrated prospect. He's been consistently dominant and is strong as a bull. Definitely belongs in the NHL.

So with that I ask you, who is your team's most underrated prospect?

He played in the NHL a bit last year, usually on the 1st line with Eberle and RNH. He's pretty good at making space but he doesn't really have the offense yet (at least at the NHL level) to make an impact in the top6.

In terms of underrating prospects...
General: Klefbom
HF: Klefbom
Oiler fans: Pajaarvi

JFleegs 12-11-2012 10:13 PM

Ondrej Palat for the Tampa bay Lightning

Dark Knight 12-11-2012 10:20 PM

For Toronto, I'm pretty sure its Matt Frattin.

The Nuge 12-11-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_80 (Post 56466427)
Hartikainen is not underrated by most Oilers' fans. I am skeptical about most Oilers' prospects, but I think one guy who is underrated is David Musil. IMHO, he will be in the NHL sooner rather than later. The question is whether he peaks as a No.6 d-man or develops into a top 4 guy.

I agree. He's a complete afterthought by most people on HF, but he's as physically strong as any prospect you're going to find, and reads the game extremely well. He's going to be such a pain in the ass for other teams

seppe147 12-11-2012 10:23 PM

Alan Quine

Hale The Villain 12-11-2012 10:25 PM

For the Sens it's Mark Stone, no question.

He plays a game that will translate tremendously well to the NHL. He's big, has has an awsome set of hands and can make passes in tight that few others his age can. His skating still needs A LOT of work, but he's got such a high hockey I.Q that I think he could succeed in the NHL if it started up right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 56467609)
Morgan Ellis is a really underrated prospect. Good call.

For the Phoenix Coyotes I'm going to say Henrik Samuelsson AINEC.

Nobody outside of Edmonton seems to understand that Samuelsson is an excellent prospect. I was jumping up and down on draft day, screaming his name as the Coyotes walked to the podium. I about had a joy seizure when they actually selected him. Love this player.

People seem to think that he's a fourth line rat. I think that is his absolute downside.

Agree 100% I'm in love with him as a player as well. Huge body with huge upside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshockey (Post 56468663)
Kevin Gravel. NO ONE outside of the Kings boards talks about him. Played for the US at the last WJC and has been playing well with St. Cloud State. I think he has the potential to be a very good defender at the NHL level. With Mitchell being close to retirement and Scuds getting up there, there should be two spots available for defensive defenseman. I see three possible candidates right now to fill those two holes: Forbort, Muzzin, and Gravel.

Agreed. Very underrated defensive defenseman. Could carve out a nice career as a bottom pairing shutdown defenseman.

Zoidberg Jesus 12-11-2012 10:28 PM

Definitely Stanislav Galiev for the Caps.

3 Minute Minor 12-11-2012 10:34 PM

People talk about Morgan Ellis a lot since the Mem cup. He's actually a tad bit overrated by Habs fans.

Same deal with Mark Stone among Sens fans since the U20s last season. Again, a bit overrated by Sens fans. I can see him fitting in a third line role down the road but expecting him to be anything more is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Bravid Nonahan 12-11-2012 10:43 PM

For the Leafs, I'd say its Josh Leivo.

He was drafted as a kid with a ton of natural tools.

Hale The Villain 12-11-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Tilander (Post 56469719)
People talk about Morgan Ellis a lot since the Mem cup. He's actually a tad bit overrated by Habs fans.

Same deal with Mark Stone among Sens fans since the U20s last season. Again, a bit overrated by Sens fans. I can see him fitting in a third line role down the road but expecting him to be anything more is setting yourself up for disappointment.

He's got top 6 skill level. 82 assists in Brandon last season playing set-up-guy, 7 goals at the World Juniors playing sniper; yet the thing that's most impressive about his game is his hockey sense. Always in the mix, getting his stick in the way of pucks, turning the puck over, forcing the play etc... Only thing holding him back from him being regarded as a high-end offensive talent is his skating and his draft position.

If he's a 3rd liner down the road I would be disappointed, but don't let me speak for all Sens fans, I'm a lot higher on the guy than most.

stempniaksen 12-11-2012 10:55 PM

Chris Wideman and Mike Hoffman

Mctopchowda 12-11-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 56467609)
Morgan Ellis is a really underrated prospect. Good call.

For the Phoenix Coyotes I'm going to say Henrik Samuelsson AINEC.

Nobody outside of Edmonton seems to understand that Samuelsson is an excellent prospect. I was jumping up and down on draft day, screaming his name as the Coyotes walked to the podium. I about had a joy seizure when they actually selected him. Love this player.

People seem to think that he's a fourth line rat. I think that is his absolute downside.

this. A stud on the Oil Kings, wanted him to fall to the second round.

rt 12-11-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus (Post 56469555)
Definitely Stanislav Galiev for the Caps.

Good call. Great prospect. Hopefully he comes over.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.