HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Backup goalie to Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1306805)

oilersfan11 12-12-2012 03:23 AM

Backup goalie to Edmonton

Are there any teams willing to move a goaltender?

Besides Vancouver

Komarov77 12-12-2012 03:25 AM

They need 1. goalie more than backup

oilersfan11 12-12-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komarov77 (Post 56473611)
They need 1. goalie more than backup

Devan Dubnyk could become a number 1 goalie.

Kayen 12-12-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 56473627)
Devan Dubnyk could become a number 1 goalie.

Could, but I don't know, he had a lot of gaffs... we'd be tied 2-2 with 10 minutes left and he'd let in a soft deflating goal with 10 minutes left... I don't know how many times he did that last season... heck if he didn't do that so much I'd bet we'd have not finished lottery again..

Kid Dynamite 12-12-2012 03:52 AM

Could Ben Bishop be in play? I am not sure what Ottawa's plans with Lehner I assume he is going to step into the NHL whenever it resume's splitting time with Anderson. Ottawa gave up a 2nd for him which seems like a lot of value to give up for a guy that would be relegated to the AHL.

I assume Ottawa would be looking for at least a 2nd back (Oilers? Ducks?) and maybe someone to fill in for Bingingham (Olivier Roy :help:) not sure if the Oilers can help in that regard. Ottawa fans would have to fill us in on what they would expect and if it would even make sense organizationally to trade him.

The Nuge 12-12-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayen (Post 56473663)
Could, but I don't know, he had a lot of gaffs... we'd be tied 2-2 with 10 minutes left and he'd let in a soft deflating goal with 10 minutes left... I don't know how many times he did that last season... heck if he didn't do that so much I'd bet we'd have not finished lottery again..

That's simply not true. It really gets overblown with him.

We need a young potential 1b type goalie stuck behind someone (and no, not Bernier)

BarDownBobo 12-12-2012 04:11 AM

Easier solution is promote last years AHL goalie of the year Yann Danis, and let Bunz and Roy run the show in OKC. I'm pretty sure this is what management is planning....

Liferleafer 12-12-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarDownBobo (Post 56473757)
Easier solution is promote last years AHL goalie of the year Yann Danis, and let Bunz and Roy run the show in OKC. I'm pretty sure this is what management is planning....

I'll tell you from experience, going with 2 unproven young guys is a recipe for disaster.(See 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs)

digdug41982 12-12-2012 10:41 AM

How about Ray Emery? He is proven and already seems to be friends with Yakupov. Brings a strong veteran influence to a young team.

ManByng 12-12-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 56473749)

We need a young potential 1b type goalie stuck behind someone (and no, not Bernier)

why not Jonathan Bernier? he is stuck behind Jonathan Quick now for sure after the Kings won a cup with him, and i believe the Oilers could get him for the right price. he's the guy i would be going after.

ManByng 12-12-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarDownBobo (Post 56473757)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liferleafer (Post 56476129)
I'll tell you from experience, going with 2 unproven young guys is a recipe for disaster.(See 2011-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs)

actually, Danis is 31, but yes he only has about 50 NHL games under his belt so he's somewhat inexperienced at this level. actually, the guy they should have kept was Martin Gerber. in the 10/11 season, he played mostly in OKC in the AHL, but when he was recalled, he had a sparkling 3-0 record in 3 games, with a measley 4 goals against, .958 save %, and a 1.30 GGA. but i suspect they didn't want to use him because they could see their chances of getting Ryan Nugent-Hopkins #1 at the draft going down the commode if they kept playing him! ;) :laugh:

Top 6 Spaling 12-12-2012 11:38 AM

I could see Enroth making some sense.

skywarp75 12-12-2012 11:48 AM

hrmm they want a backup who is ready to be a starter that isnt named Schneider or Bernier. Is there anyone who fits that description?

Top 6 Spaling 12-12-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skywarp75 (Post 56479847)
hrmm they want a backup who is ready to be a starter that isnt named Schneider or Bernier. Is there anyone who fits that description?

Enroth, Holtby/Neuvrith, Theodore (if Markstrom is ready), Harding, Elliot, S. Mason

Not ideal options in most cases, but there are 1B goalies to be had.

Draiskull 12-12-2012 12:01 PM

Oilers are going to give Dubnyk every chance to succeed. They just signed him to a long'ish contract with starter $$. We just need a vet backup if Khabi is out for the season. A guy like Bernier would cost an arm and a leg and will want to be more than a backup.

misfit 12-12-2012 12:03 PM

Dubnyk is still fairly unproven as a starter, but the Oilers seem happy to run with him. They could use an experienced backup who can step in when needed and you know what you're going to get. I don't know if another unproven prospect on the cusp of being an NHL goalie is a fit.

internetdotcom 12-12-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 56473601)
Are there any teams willing to move a goaltender?

Besides Vancouver

Bernier? I know the other poster said no, but why? Too expensive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite (Post 56473723)
Could Ben Bishop be in play? I am not sure what Ottawa's plans with Lehner I assume he is going to step into the NHL whenever it resume's splitting time with Anderson. Ottawa gave up a 2nd for him which seems like a lot of value to give up for a guy that would be relegated to the AHL.

I assume Ottawa would be looking for at least a 2nd back (Oilers? Ducks?) and maybe someone to fill in for Bingingham (Olivier Roy :help:) not sure if the Oilers can help in that regard. Ottawa fans would have to fill us in on what they would expect and if it would even make sense organizationally to trade him.

I don't know that he is (Sens fan here). With Anderson and (presumably) Lehner in the NHL, without Bishop we have zero depth in the AHL, and are royally screwed if one of Andy or Lehner go down in terms of a backup. Certainly if Bishop was moved, I would say we would need an AHL capable goalie + coming back. We certainly won't move him for less than what we traded for him (a 2nd). He has played very well for us, and his value certainly hasn't gone down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 56473749)

Why not Bernier?

tsujimoto74 12-12-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 56479615)
I could see Enroth making some sense.

Sabres couldn't trade him without getting a goalie back or then trading for a different goalie (ie: Bernier). Doesn't really make much sense.

Sharppi 12-12-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 56480083)
Enroth, Holtby/Neuvrith, Theodore (if Markstrom is ready), Harding, Elliot, S. Mason

Not ideal options in most cases, but there are 1B goalies to be had.

I don't really think Harding is going anywhere, especially with the MS diagnose he got. He's been loyal to the organization and the organization back to him.

WeridAl 12-12-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 56480289)
Bernier? I know the other poster said no, but why? Too expensive?

Why not Bernier?

Bernier is still unproven, is asking for a big contract, and would cost the Oilers too much to trade for.

The Oiles need a veteran backup goalie, the OP should of noted this in the original posting.

Not sold on Bernier, hasn't done anything in the NHL to justify the asking price. One questionable starter is enough for the Oilers, just have to look at the Leafs and what happened there.

Mcnofool6110 12-12-2012 02:16 PM

Wait, would Bernier actually cost an arm and a leg? Didn't he request a trade from LA, or am I mistaken?

Draiskull 12-12-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofool6110 (Post 56483963)
Wait, would Bernier actually cost an arm and a leg? Didn't he request a trade from LA, or am I mistaken?

LA would want atleast a 1st for him.. stupid to give him up for anything less..

Not sure he is worth that much to EDM.

jameswrjobe53 12-12-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 56484175)
LA would want atleast a 1st for him.. stupid to give him up for anything less..

Not sure he is worth that much to EDM.

thats because Edmonton 1st Round Pick = 1st Overall

KingCanadain1976 12-12-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 56481451)
Bernier is still unproven, is asking for a big contract, and would cost the Oilers too much to trade for.

The Oiles need a veteran backup goalie, the OP should of noted this in the original posting.

Not sold on Bernier, hasn't done anything in the NHL to justify the asking price. One questionable starter is enough for the Oilers, just have to look at the Leafs and what happened there.

Bernier hasnt made any contract demands only wants a chance to start,

Aceonfire* 12-12-2012 02:39 PM

I really doubt the Caps would move him, but what would it take to get Holtby. This kid was insane in the playoffs. And with his age, he would mesh well with our core.

Danis/Roy + ?