HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Geek Emporium (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 3) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1306819)

RussianRocket10 12-12-2012 07:01 AM

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 3)

Last part was at 1,000 posts. Continue.

Johnny Bravo 12-12-2012 08:48 AM

Lets get this show on the road!

So.... Shotguns yay or nay?

RussianRocket10 12-12-2012 08:58 AM

They're very inconsistent for me and I hate getting killed by them but they are fun to use. I'm undecided on them.

Penguins23 12-12-2012 09:01 AM

Has anyone used them since they were nurffed? Has it made a big difference?

Protest the Hero 12-12-2012 09:17 AM

Only ever used the R870 effectively. Tried the S12, but I was losing every gun battle I got into with SMG's, and the range is terrible. The KSG is interesting, but I tried using it with the wiimote for some reason, and missed out on the aim assist for quick scoping, I should try it again with the gamepad. Haven't even tried the last one.

ProPAIN 12-12-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 56475801)

To be fair I haven't used them enough to really judge them. I hate getting killed by them. Just running around a corner and get splattered by a shotty is so frustrating. I'm sure it's fun to go on a ice spree with one, but I don't think I'd be good at it. Since a lot of maps are close quarters, they should be effective, but I don't I'd like it.

Izzy 12-12-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

I've used the fully auto one on occasion. Pretty fun, but I can see why people hate to get killed by them

Johnny Bravo 12-12-2012 09:33 AM

The R870 is definitely less powerful at further ranges, but is still a beast in close. The semi autos are good if you are in close, they are terrible at a range. The Ksg has the range of a sniper, no joke.

RussianRocket10 12-12-2012 09:55 AM

That semi auto one is annoying. Before I even have a chance to react, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM....dead.

Blueline Bomber 12-12-2012 09:58 AM

The S12 is easily the worst gun I've used thus far. Even at close range, it's taking 2-3 shots to kill. Loved the Remington. Got it gold before the nerf, haven't used it since.

Also, I figured out how to post my emblem online. Yay!

https://api.elite.callofduty.com//em...s2&imgtype=png

Harbinger 12-12-2012 10:04 AM

I'm currently trying to get the diamond camo for the shotguns and I can tell you all that using the S12 was a pain in the ass. It was pretty tough getting the necessary one hit kills to progress the camo unlocks. I can only assume that the auto shotty is going to be even worse. :S

Blueline Bomber 12-12-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHerb (Post 56477391)
I'm currently trying to get the diamond camo for the shotguns and I can tell you all that using the S12 was a pain in the ass. It was pretty tough getting the necessary one hit kills to progress the camo unlocks. I can only assume that the auto shotty is going to be even worse. :S

I've got everything needed for the S12 except the Bloodthirsty medals. Getting 5 kills in a row with that gun is like torture. Multiple shots to kill, meaning you give away your position constantly, and while you could put a silencer on it, that'll simply make a weak, low range gun even weaker and less effective.

I'm pretty much banking my entire progress toward that gold camo on getting lucky enough to find a team of completely unaware campers.

FrizzleFry22 12-12-2012 10:13 AM

Been trying to get Golden Burst pistols. Need 6 more blood thirsty they are so annoying to get with pistols ...

Leafs at Knight 12-12-2012 10:16 AM

I'm just gonna wait until they buff they shotguns to get diamond . I work on getting an AR and SMG gold at the same time that way it will seem faster.

ProPAIN 12-12-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrizzleFry22 (Post 56477601)
Been trying to get Golden Burst pistols. Need 6 more blood thirsty they are so annoying to get with pistols ...

I'm not even going to try to get diamond on pistols. Bloodthirsty medals with the Executioner? **** me.

Schenn 12-12-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPAIN (Post 56478021)
I'm not even going to try to get diamond on pistols. Bloodthirsty medals with the Executioner? **** me.

I'd rather eat a bowl of razor blades than endure that type of torture. :laugh:

Spazmatic Dan 12-12-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 (Post 56477163)
That semi auto one is annoying. Before I even have a chance to react, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM....dead.

I actually tend to find the semi auto one gives me some time to react (mostly the reaction is "aww crap" and then I'm dead) but the R870 with laser sight and long barrel is instant death from a good distance hipfiring. Even after the nerf. I find that one much more annoying because that gives you absolutely no reaction time. The worst is when you see them first and start unloading on them and then you just drop.

My favourite class thus far is an M8A1 with a Fast Mag and a longer range sight (ACOG, Target Finder, etc.) while running the KAP40 secondary. For fun I sometimes use Select Fire so I can switch to full auto on closer battles.

Honourable mention goes to the MP7 with long barrel and laser sight. This seems to give the best of both worlds in regards to range and hipfiring with a decent sized clip.

One of the most fun ones though is the Skorpion with long barrel and grip. Gives you a bit of range and reduces the recoil to near nothing while firing at an incredible rate. Have to run scavenger with that one though.

PyrettaBlaze 12-12-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber (Post 56477233)
The S12 is easily the worst gun I've used thus far. Even at close range, it's taking 2-3 shots to kill. Loved the Remington. Got it gold before the nerf, haven't used it since.

Looks great!

Smelling Salt 12-12-2012 11:49 AM

Still rocking the AN-94 since I unlocked it. It's still fantastic. Crazy amounts of headshots, especially at long range.

AN-94 w/ Stock
SMAW
Bouncing Betty x2

Hardline/Ghost
Coldblooded

Perk 1 Greed
Danger Close

Protest the Hero 12-12-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber (Post 56477233)

That looks awesome.

I swear to god everyone on my team must always be running Blind Eye or something. It seems like every time I hear "enemy hunter killer drone deployed", it's only a matter of time before it spots me and kills me. Only managed to survive it once by jumping so far, timing has been off.

Snipeshow 12-12-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

All I use

Izzy 12-12-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snipeshow (Post 56480465)
All I use

For serious?

La Cosa Nostra 12-12-2012 12:42 PM

I'm a beast with the 870 and MP7. Only 2 guns I consistently use. I have almost doubled my KdR from Bo/MW3 to BO2 ( from ~.70 to 1.25, I know I'm not super elite compared to some of you but with how cheap some things are like bouncing Betties I'm pretty satisfied)

Snipeshow 12-12-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fst6 (Post 56480683)
For serious?

Pretty much. Haven't touched an AR, SMG, LMG or Sniper for 2 Prestiges.

Shotguns, Pistols, Crossbow, Tomahawk

southpaw24 12-12-2012 01:14 PM

Forgot to say that I have every challenge done for the domination game mode... That cap all 3 flags for 3 minutes was a biatch... My team was good and we all had mics so that hekped