HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   how is radulov doing in russia ...? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=130718)

Johnny Danger 02-19-2005 06:28 AM

how is radulov doing in russia ...?

anyone knowing how he's doing? ... :dunno:

wilka91* 02-19-2005 09:05 AM

2 assists in 16 games with Spartak Moscow

afinogenov 02-19-2005 01:06 PM

What has happened to radulov? one year ago he was so good that i had taken him to the world championship with russia but now only 2 assists. does anybody know WHY? :dunno:

Lord 02-20-2005 06:57 AM

I am long time fan of Spartak so I've been able to watch how Radulov is doing for a number of times this season. Awful perfomance. He provided nothing worth speaking so far despite playing on the 2-nd line and PP mostly with quality players. I am still wondering how and in what way he was able to score in North America. Yes, the coaching in Spartak right now is really bad and team in general sucks big time unfortunately. But Radulov don't show much desire or skill. He can sparkle one or two times in a single game and be invisible for the rest of the time. Maybe he can provide a physical presence in North America but on the European rinks the style is quite different.

salty justice 02-20-2005 01:53 PM

The guy was embarassing in Norfolk this year. 0 points in 16 games, no drive whatsoever. I heard he's been too preoccupied with his new Mercedes. I hope he has something to fall back on once his small fortune off the Blackhawks runs out on him. Sounds like breadlines and flipping burgers are in his future.

DisgruntledHawkFan 02-22-2005 07:27 PM

No physical presence to speak of... He was supposed to be a decent sniper.

wilka91* 02-23-2005 05:13 PM

1st goal tonight

Slowe 02-23-2005 06:39 PM

Biggest theory is that his early success caused some overconfidence. He thought he could score easily in the NHL and then didn't work to improve. Yawney said the skills are always there, but a consistent game was needed. Radulov didn't make the hawks, pouted, and did horribly in the AHL. He wouldn't report to the ECHL and returned to Russia instead. All speculation, because who among us can say if he was pouting or simply struggling? It's a common theory so take it for what it's worth.

Staples 02-23-2005 09:33 PM

2 goals today.

salty justice 02-23-2005 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowe
Biggest theory is that his early success caused some overconfidence. He thought he could score easily in the NHL and then didn't work to improve. Yawney said the skills are always there, but a consistent game was needed. Radulov didn't make the hawks, pouted, and did horribly in the AHL. He wouldn't report to the ECHL and returned to Russia instead. All speculation, because who among us can say if he was pouting or simply struggling? It's a common theory so take it for what it's worth.

He refused to play in the ECHL and was quoted as saying that he is too good for that league. No speculation about it, this guy is a cry baby and can stay in Russia for all I care. He doesnt deserve to wear the indianhead.

mazmin 02-25-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theBob
Sounds like breadlines and flipping burgers are in his future.

Or making a small fortune playing in Russia. Whatever. :dunno:

DisgruntledHawkFan 02-25-2005 11:09 PM

People won't keep paying him unless he can turn it around, in which case he may turn into a Sergei Berezin type player. That's kinda who he reminds me of.

fullmetalninja 02-26-2005 02:37 PM

I don't think he's anything like Berezin, other than his nationality...

Radulov's problem is that he has world class hands, and a less than average AHL Shot. He's not particularly fast or quick, and is a string bean.

The kid can handle the puck in a phone booth, but his shot looks like mine, and that's why he can't finish (IMO). One on One... good night, and I think that is demonstrated with his perfect record in shootouts. But he doesn't have great wheels, doesn't have a great shot, and apparantly has a bad work ethic.

If any of those last things would change (primarily work ethic) he'd be in the NHL. but I dont' think its gonna happen as a hawk.

We should have moved him 2 seasons ago...

-fullmetalninja

swisdan 03-03-2005 11:04 AM

You can see his stats here:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=51196

Staples 03-03-2005 05:23 PM

Berezin..........that would NOT be bad

Berezin's yearly career
Goal totals - 25,16,37,26,22,11,23

That's and average of 23 goals per season. Say what you will but that's not bad, considering he had some injuries. If Radulov ever had the same totals for the Hawks I would be happy.

DisgruntledHawkFan 03-03-2005 09:57 PM

I would love for Radulov to turn into a sergei berezin type player.

Mr.Brownov* 03-04-2005 05:29 AM

Bust

mattihp 03-04-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staples
Berezin's yearly career
Goal totals - 25,16,37,26,22,11,23

That's and average of 23 goals per season. Say what you will but that's not bad, considering he had some injuries. If Radulov ever had the same totals for the Hawks I would be happy.

Also, Berezin should go down as the best penalty killer among heartless players.

RoyIsALegend* 03-10-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp
Also, Berezin should go down as the best penalty killer among heartless players.

That would be Stephane Richer.

Bruinsyear 04-07-2005 03:13 PM

Could anyone tell me what his salary is? Not in europe but what he was being paid by the hawks? I have alittle contrversy in my SIM league as to what he makes. Currently he is listed at 675,000 can anyone confirm that or give me a link to prove it?

Thanks