HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Battle of the Jonathans: Huberdeau or Drouin? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1307239)

Jabba11 12-13-2012 12:33 AM

Battle of the Jonathans: Huberdeau or Drouin?
 
A poll on two of the most promising Quebec born players: Jonathan Huberdeau or Jonathan Drouin? Who would you rather have?

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.fil.../huberdeau.jpg

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_r...=1353439958115

Money Baer 12-13-2012 01:14 AM

The Hube for me. Has so much more to his game, and fits a direct/immediate need for the Flames. Wish we could have either.

canucksPK 12-13-2012 01:36 AM

I like Drouin a bit more but its crazy close

Scarecrow Boat 12-13-2012 02:08 AM

They both possess their fair share of razzle dazzle but I wouldn't take either one of them if I was building a team. Just not my type of players :( I find them both real soft and Huberdeau has developed a bad, early days Crosby-like, *****ing at the ref attitude I can't stand. Drouin I've still yet to see him enough. I've seen him live twice last year where he was invisible and twice this year during flu season, I think. Scheduled to see him 3 or 4 more times this year, depending on if he plays in the U20s or if one of my trips to Halifax gets delayed (should be a late playoff game, they may be heading to the mem cup when I get there :( )

TheJuxtaposer 12-13-2012 03:07 AM

I like Drouin more, but I think Huberdeau will be the better player.

Vankiller Whale 12-13-2012 03:29 AM

Drouin will be the better player but I'd rather have Huberdeau. If that makes sense.

I still voted Drouin though, because I'm biased because my team needs to win now, and Huberdeau has two years of development on him.

LeafDangler 12-13-2012 07:37 AM

Drouin is better at 17 than Huberdeau was. That said Huberdeau's resume is pretty impressive. Tough call considering the age gap. Much less risk in Huberdeau as I believe he's got the size and strength to play in the NHL right now.

ODAAT 12-13-2012 07:40 AM

I`m fortunate enough to watch Drouin every home game living here in Halifax, but I take Hubs 8 days a week, what he is doing on a very weak Saint John team is amazing with the lack of talent he`s surrounded with.

Love Drouin`s offensive game, tons of work req`d defensively, and Drouin still hasn`t enough upper body strength to fight off checks the way that JH does/can at this stage

Scarecrow Boat 12-13-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 56505093)
I`m fortunate enough to watch Drouin every home game living here in Halifax, but I take Hubs 8 days a week, what he is doing on a very weak Saint John team is amazing with the lack of talent he`s surrounded with.

By that logic you'd take Will Carrier over them both?

tony d 12-13-2012 10:34 AM

Huberdau

TheBeastCoast 12-13-2012 10:48 AM

Drouin at 17>Huberdeau at 17......How they pan out over there careers will be interesting, I voted Drouin though

theIceWookie 12-13-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafDangler (Post 56505061)
Drouin is better at 17 than Huberdeau was. That said Huberdeau's resume is pretty impressive. Tough call considering the age gap. Much less risk in Huberdeau as I believe he's got the size and strength to play in the NHL right now.

Statistically yes. At the same time though, Huberdeau didn't have Nathan MacKinnon centering him or a player of similar ilk on his line. That's going to help Drouin. A lot. That's not to take away from Drouin but it has to be stated.

Huberdeau has the size advantage.

It is close though. Both incredibly potent players and incredible talents. At this point I'd take Huberdeau I think.

HockeySensible 12-13-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 56504015)
I like Drouin more, but I think Huberdeau will be the better player.

This.

I think Drouin is more dynamic offensively, but I think Huberdeau will be the more well-rounded played. Kind of a Toews vs. Kane thing.

TheBeastCoast 12-13-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin (Post 56508871)
Statistically yes. At the same time though, Huberdeau didn't have Nathan MacKinnon centering him or a player of similar ilk on his line. That's going to help Drouin. A lot. That's not to take away from Drouin but it has to be stated.

Huberdeau has the size advantage.

It is close though. Both incredibly potent players and incredible talents. At this point I'd take Huberdeau I think.

Eh Huberdeau didn't have a bunch of slouches on his team, we are talking about the team that won the mem cup that year. Playing on Phillips wing with Jurco on the other wing and Bealieau on the point. In the end neither of these teams are as good without Drouin or Huberdeau but I would take Drouin.

TheBeastCoast 12-13-2012 04:38 PM

Oh and Huberdeau is listed 6"1 175 and Drouin at 5"11 176(Both as per Elite Prospects) The 2 year age difference it is likely Drouin could add say 1 inch and say 10 pounds but the point is Huberdeau really doesn't have the size on Drouin

IHaveNoCreativity 12-13-2012 04:59 PM

Drouin... I love both if them, but Drouin at 17 is a lot better.. Actually he's better at 15 and 16.

Scarecrow Boat 12-13-2012 06:50 PM

You should close this and start a Shinkaruk vs. Drouin thread ;)

Leaf Rocket 12-13-2012 06:51 PM

Gotta be Huberdeau, this guy is just better all around. Drouin might have the edge on offensive skill just by a bit but not much, Huberdeau IMO is just going to be a star in the league. He has all strong points in all areas of the game, and that is what builds a winner and what a team wants.

thom 12-13-2012 07:01 PM

Does any one know if 2 high ranking players who might go first overall have played on the same club as they do in Quebec?Junior Hockey goes tens of dacades any one no the answer?

Scarecrow Boat 12-13-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thom (Post 56521171)
Does any one know if 2 high ranking players who might go first overall have played on the same club as they do in Quebec?Junior Hockey goes tens of dacades any one no the answer?

There's no chance Drouin goes first overall... People are hung up on point totals here.

Leafs87 12-13-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thom (Post 56521171)
Does any one know if 2 high ranking players who might go first overall have played on the same club as they do in Quebec?Junior Hockey goes tens of dacades any one no the answer?

Yakupov and Galchenyuk??

Also people who have Drouin and Mackinnon as first and second overall are forgetting Seth Jones.

PensBandwagonerNo272 12-13-2012 07:17 PM

Mac
Jones
Drouin

is very likely how it will go

chance the Barkov goes after Jones

Leaf Rocket 12-13-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Tilander (Post 56521217)
There's no chance Drouin goes first overall... People are hung up on point totals here.

Agreed. Now that's over with.

Folks keep in topic please.

TheBeastCoast 12-13-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Tilander (Post 56521217)
There's no chance Drouin goes first overall... People are hung up on point totals here.

And you are hung up on a couple games where you saw him and he didn't blow you away acting like that is who he is.

#57 12-13-2012 09:00 PM

Drouin all the way


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.