HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Deal is done (direct quotes from players) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=130725)

Pepper 02-19-2005 08:22 AM

Deal is done (direct quotes from players)

Sorry if this doesn't deserve a new thread but here we go anyway:

Riku Hahl of Avs "The information I got is that the deal is done"

Ville Nieminen of Flames "the deal is so certain that I've agreed to return (to North America) on tuesday"

Lydman of Flames was told NOT to play on saturday, Ruutu of Canucks will play but confirms that he has been told that the deal is done.

Aki Berg did not travel with Timra to their away game, Miikka Kiprusoff will travel but won't be the starting goalie.

After reading those couple of DIRECT quotes, I'm 100% certain that the deal will be reached today or tomorrow.

EroCaps 02-19-2005 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper
Sorry if this doesn't deserve a new thread but here we go anyway:

Riku Hahl of Avs "The information I got is that the deal is done"

Ville Nieminen of Flames "the deal is so certain that I've agreed to return (to North America) on tuesday"

Lydman of Flames was told NOT to play on saturday, Ruutu of Canucks will play but confirms that he has been told that the deal is done.

Aki Berg did not travel with Timra to their away game, Miikka Kiprusoff will travel but won't be the starting goalie.

After reading those couple of DIRECT quotes, I'm 100% certain that the deal will be reached today or tomorrow.

link?

futurcorerock 02-19-2005 08:25 AM

two right off the bat: http://www.urheilulehti.fi/jaakiekon...e117758-1.html

hope you can read finnish.

Chaos 02-19-2005 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EroCaps
link?

http://www.urheilulehti.fi/jaakiekon...e117758-1.html

Hahl and Nieminen in there.....just hope you can read Finnish.

Ulfie #5 02-19-2005 08:28 AM

Driving home froma party just before midnight last night I was listening to 1050ESPN Radio in NY. A caller was saying he had attended an AHL game held at the Nassau Colliseum last night. On his way out he happened to see Charles Wang, majority owner of the Islanders. He said hello and asked if the arena would host anymore AHL games in the near future.

Wang responded with a smile and said "We are back. They will announce it tomorrow."

I know I know, how much can you trust some schlub on the radio, but the guy sounded like he was in his 50's. I cannot imagine some 50ish guy thinking "wouldn't it be funny to make up a story and call the radio?".

So if it is true, here's the owner of the Islanders being pretty open about a deal having already been done.

Let's hope!

WhalerBoy 02-19-2005 08:55 AM

And the roller coaster goes up........

Masao 02-19-2005 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhalerBoy
And the roller coaster goes up........

... and down...

#7 02-19-2005 09:02 AM

.... goes back up .....

officeglen 02-19-2005 09:03 AM

...through the dark tunnel...

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN 02-19-2005 09:04 AM

... and does a loop de loop...

bcrt2000 02-19-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulfie #5
Driving home froma party just before midnight last night I was listening to 1050ESPN Radio in NY. A caller was saying he had attended an AHL game held at the Nassau Colliseum last night. On his way out he happened to see Charles Wang, majority owner of the Islanders. He said hello and asked if the arena would host anymore AHL games in the near future.

Wang responded with a smile and said "We are back. They will announce it tomorrow."

I know I know, how much can you trust some schlub on the radio, but the guy sounded like he was in his 50's. I cannot imagine some 50ish guy thinking "wouldn't it be funny to make up a story and call the radio?".

So if it is true, here's the owner of the Islanders being pretty open about a deal having already been done.

Let's hope!

I have a feeling maybe the owners already voted on it if the person who called in is telling the truth.. there also is an article today from the new york area where wang pretty much says he will accept a $45M cap

JbSpine 02-19-2005 09:06 AM

*1st post*

the news and the internet is going nuts, "deal done" "season saved" and so on, A 25 game season will be awsome.

firstroundbust 02-19-2005 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

*watches as fabio gets hit in the face by a seagull*

officeglen 02-19-2005 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JbSpine
*1st post*

Okay, lets go with the traditional 100 posts flaming of 1st posts.

EroCaps 02-19-2005 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
*watches as fabio gets hit in the face by a seagull*

:lol:

WickedBruinsGirl 02-19-2005 10:09 PM

I wonder what these players were told now. Hopefully not many bought tickets to fly back to North America.

WhalerBoy 02-19-2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

the roller coaster ride just crashed and burned. Time to get off the ride me thinks..

CH Wizard 02-19-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhalerBoy
the roller coaster ride just crashed and burned. Time to get off the ride me thinks..

:lol :lol :lol

hockeyman* 02-19-2005 11:15 PM

U GUys are crazy....its done the NHL is DONE for this year....those players know as much as I do...Its not there faulth they don't have tsn in europe. BUT its over u guys are nuts to think a deal is done, a deal won't be reached for a couple of months to a year at least. FACE IT the NHL IS DEAD Right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PecaFan 02-19-2005 11:23 PM

The date and times are right on each post. Read them.

GreenBud 02-19-2005 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyman
U GUys are crazy....its done the NHL is DONE for this year....those players know as much as I do...Its not there faulth they don't have tsn in europe. BUT its over u guys are nuts to think a deal is done, a deal won't be reached for a couple of months to a year at least. FACE IT the NHL IS DEAD Right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm, maybe you should take a look at the times of people's posts before you have your little rant. :lol:

think-blue- 02-19-2005 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Can I PLEASE have a time and date of when this thread was opened. Because I have this feeling that I am reading a thread that was started Friday night. Yet it reads like it was written Saturday night (post second cancelation). I just don't seem to know what's going on anymore.....because.....you know.....the media said (last night) that a "deal was agreed in priciple".....and it was all an evil lie.

So when was this thread started?

Saturday morning (read the first post) - 9:22 am.

bling 02-19-2005 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Can I PLEASE have a time and date of when this thread was opened. Because I have this feeling that I am reading a thread that was started Friday night. Yet it reads like it was written Saturday night (post second cancelation). I just don't seem to know what's going on anymore.....because.....you know.....the media said (last night) that a "deal was agreed in priciple".....and it was all an evil lie.

So when was this thread started?

I understand your confusion. From what I can see this thread was started this morning. When we were all so very optomistic and Ville was checking priceline for a ticket to Calagary.. :cry:

greatlakeshab 02-19-2005 11:30 PM

These threads are about as confusing as the NHL negotiations. The only way to understand them is to get drunk and ask the birds you see buzzing around your head what is current :help:

hockeyman* 02-19-2005 11:31 PM

like i said!...The season is like burnt toast...jus throw it away