HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Are the Warriors for real? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1307323)

Carolinas Identity 12-13-2012 01:55 AM

Are the Warriors for real?
 
15-7 overall, 6-3 at home, 9-1 against the East, 5-0 against the East on the road, 5-0 on current 7 game road trip. David Lee has the 3rd most double-doubles in the league and the most 20/10 games (IIRC) in the league, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes and Jarret Jack are shooting the lights out and this is all *WITHOUT* Andrew Bogut and Brandon Rush.

Uncle Jesse from Full House is prolly planning a parade right about now :D

Fighter 12-13-2012 02:17 AM

Love them and their run and gun style.
David Lee is among the premiere PF in the NBA and plays like a beast every given night, Curry has been finally healthy and you can see his impact, the other complimentary players are playing good so the results are there.
Hope they make the playoffs, they deserve it.

Morozov 12-13-2012 02:26 AM

I see a lot of talk about them doing this with Bogut out, but I'm not convinced that the Bogut people expect will ever really be "back" anyway.

I can't see the Warriors doing anything more than getting stomped in the first round by the top Western teams.

Brad Tolliver 12-13-2012 02:58 AM

They haven't played run and gun since Jackson took over. Some of the starters are playing heavy minutes and might wear down later in the season but at least the bench is deeper this year.

There are only 3 clear cut top teams in the West so they have a good chance to get out of the first round if they can get the 4 or 5 seed.

Carolinas Identity 12-13-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morozov (Post 56504151)
I see a lot of talk about them doing this with Bogut out, but I'm not convinced that the Bogut people expect will ever really be "back" anyway.

I can't see the Warriors doing anything more than getting stomped in the first round by the top Western teams.

Maybe, but a sub par Bogut is still light years better than Andris Biedrins and his terrible 9m contract.

davebenj 12-13-2012 06:00 PM

I kind of hope not. I've always found Golden State extremely irritating for some reason.

Morozov 12-13-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen (Post 56510903)
Maybe, but a sub par Bogut is still light years better than Andris Biedrins and his terrible 9m contract.

Hah that is true, even if they can only trot Bogut out there for 10 minutes a game, it's 10 minutes they wouldn't have to put Biedrins on the floor.

Clowe Me 12-13-2012 11:46 PM

As much as it pains me to say, yes, the Warriors are a good basketball team.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Morozov (Post 56529065)
Hah that is true, even if they can only trot Bogut out there for 10 minutes a game, it's 10 minutes they wouldn't have to put Biedrins on the floor.

If they only had 5 guys left to play and Biedrins was one of them, the Warriors would play a man short...

Nalyd Psycho 12-14-2012 07:15 AM

Biedrins doesn't even get 10 minutes with Bogut out. Ezeli or Lee get the minutes. (With Landry playing PF.)

Carolinas Identity 12-14-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho (Post 56532545)
Biedrins doesn't even get 10 minutes with Bogut out. Ezeli or Lee get the minutes. (With Landry playing PF.)

He's a 9m a year, 7'0", Latvian cheer leader.

You'd think with those exotic credentials, he'd be pretty hot/sexy :sarcasm:

Fighter 12-14-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen (Post 56538457)
He's a 9m a year, 7'0", Latvian cheer leader.

You'd think with those exotic credentials, he'd be pretty hot/sexy :sarcasm:

9 millions? REALLY???

Bruv 12-14-2012 08:34 PM

Love the team, I've semi-followed them for awhile.. so exciting. Steph Curry is the best shooter in the league and David Lee is easily the most underrated.

They'll definitely make the playoffs.

Gene Parmesan 12-15-2012 12:29 AM

I hope so because the "O" is a madhouse during the playoffs.

Carolinas Identity 12-15-2012 05:33 AM

The Warriors new nickname: RUN TLC (Thompson, Lee, Curry)

Carolinas Identity 12-15-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fighter (Post 56548093)
9 millions? REALLY???

yup, he's my vote for worst contract in the league

Nalyd Psycho 12-15-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen (Post 56538457)
He's a 9m a year, 7'0", Latvian cheer leader.

You'd think with those exotic credentials, he'd be pretty hot/sexy :sarcasm:

So? I don't get why so many fans judge players based on their contract. Think like a coach and don't sweat those details.

Carolinas Identity 12-16-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho (Post 56572493)
So? I don't get why so many fans judge players based on their contract. Think like a coach and don't sweat those details.

I don't normally, but think of how much better that cap space could be spent. It wouldn't be so bad if he was at least going out and playing 10-12 mins a game and putting up sub-par numbers, but he doesn't even touch the floor.

Nalyd Psycho 12-16-2012 12:00 PM

But they are winning, so is it poorly spent?

DisgruntledHawkFan 12-17-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho (Post 56587311)
But they are winning, so is it poorly spent?

Yes.

Clowe Me 12-17-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho (Post 56587311)
But they are winning, so is it poorly spent?

Yes, in the sense that it could be allocated to someone else who actually contributes to the team and makes them better overall.

Biedrins is nothing more than an benchwarmer who is taking up about 1/7 of the payroll.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.