HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Justin Schultz (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1308229)

Descendent* 12-15-2012 12:35 AM

Justin Schultz
 
Thanks again for picking Edmonton! :handclap:

I can't help but :D every time I look at the list of AHL Top Scorers.

N5991989 12-15-2012 01:19 AM

He has also been eating a lot of the minutes actually playing defense which has me also excited.

Bergeron47 12-15-2012 03:16 AM

Is there any website that tells us the ice time statistics? I had a bit of a chuckle when I saw that he had more shots on goal that Jordan Eberle and even a slightly higher shots per game than Taylor Hall.

Bryanbryoil 12-15-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergeron47 (Post 56559563)
Is there any website that tells us the ice time statistics? I had a bit of a chuckle when I saw that he had more shots on goal that Jordan Eberle and even a slightly higher shots per game than Taylor Hall.

No but he's playing a ton. Top pairing at ES, PP, and PK.

Bergeron47 12-15-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 56559585)
No but he's playing a ton. Top pairing at ES, PP, and PK.

Yeah, I heard it was an estimated 28 ish minutes a game. It's strange they wouldn't keep stats of it, being a pro league and all.

402 12-15-2012 03:46 AM

Schultz leads TSN'S (craig button) top 30 affiliated prospects lis
The oilers are also the only team with 3 players on the list with yakupov schultz and klefbom

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411680

EchoesoftheEighties 12-15-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 402 (Post 56559737)
Schultz leads TSN'S (craig button) top 30 affiliated prospects lis
The oilers are also the only team with 3 players on the list with yakupov schultz and klefbom

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411680

That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk:shakehead

Kayen 12-15-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaray_656 (Post 56559757)
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk:shakehead

But you forget that Reilly is the best player taken in the draft...
Wait... where's Jankowski on this list...

RNH 93 rulz 12-15-2012 06:08 AM

its pretty unreal, how he keeps putting up the pts and he is a D!

oilers2k10 12-15-2012 06:37 AM

I honestly think that Morgan Reilly will turn into the best defenceman in this draft..Columbus should've taken him..they need offence, he's offence..
Murray's a good player..but I think that pick will turn out very much like the Rostislav Klesla pick..maybe slightly better but not much. Still decent though.

rosemount289 12-15-2012 06:52 AM

Typically Toronto..........?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaray_656 (Post 56559757)
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk:shakehead

Typical Toronto bias because he was drafted by the Leafs...........remember Kadri?

frag2 12-15-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 402 (Post 56559737)
Schultz leads TSN'S (craig button) top 30 affiliated prospects lis
The oilers are also the only team with 3 players on the list with yakupov schultz and klefbom

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411680

I'm surprised every time Button is quoted, his words aren't written all in upper case. Guy seems to shout ALL THE TIME!!!:laugh:

OilFury 12-15-2012 11:18 AM

schultz is playing 28-30min a game and according to Nelson would play 40 minutes if they would allow him lol, yeah its great he is given a chance to play so many minutes, and play on the pk. his defensive game will just get better and better ready for the NHL whenever a season happens next year? 2 years? :p

Rielly will be really good,but i think its funny how everyone has him written in as a stud when he hasnt played a pro game yet, meanwhile Schultz is dominating the best north american pro league and he wont do so well in the NHL...so funny :D


how is schultz still considered over hyped? if he was on someone else's team and playing like he is i'd be wishing he was an oiler bigtime

CornKicker 12-15-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayen (Post 56560053)
where's Jankowski on this list...

this needs to be an oilers board meme imo, just last night all the boys at hockey were talking about how sick the junior team looks, (we live in calgary) and i asked them if that kid they traded down in teh first for made it. crickets lol

The Dayvan Cowboy 12-15-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaray_656 (Post 56559757)
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk:shakehead

Ryan Murray is 26th.

lolok

tiger_80 12-15-2012 08:09 PM

I would take Murray over Rielly any day.

402 12-15-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaray_656 (Post 56559757)
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk:shakehead

Yeah i have to agree Butto's lists are almost always out of order. Yak should be second on the list but that could piss off some non oiler fans, yak and schultz would be playing big roles on the oilers right now if this stupid lockout wasn't going on.

OFD 12-15-2012 08:26 PM

Is he a Paul Coffey clone or something? This kid is unreal!!

Game 8 12-15-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp10 (Post 56557831)
Thanks again for picking Edmonton! :handclap:

I can't help but :D every time I look at the list of AHL Top Scorers.

You know sometimes thats all it takes!

Groucho 12-15-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers2k10 (Post 56560461)
I honestly think that Morgan Reilly will turn into the best defenceman in this draft..Columbus should've taken him..they need offence, he's offence..
Murray's a good player..but I think that pick will turn out very much like the Rostislav Klesla pick..maybe slightly better but not much. Still decent though.

They didn't take Rielly because they have Jack Johnson

okgooil 12-15-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 402 (Post 56576669)
Yeah i have to agree Butto's lists are almost always out of order. Yak should be second on the list but that could piss off some non oiler fans, yak and schultz would be playing big roles on the oilers right now if this stupid lockout wasn't going on.

Ya, what Yakupov did to get behind Rielly boggles the mind. So Yak is nearly a ppg in a pro league while Rielly is still in the WHL. Any way, I agree, should be yaks and Shultz 1 and 2. but whatever.

IV XIV XCI 12-15-2012 10:21 PM

Damnit............some Eberle kid past Schultz in goals and tied him for points.

Probably won't be able to score at his current frequency per shots tho

Descendent* 12-15-2012 10:27 PM

Jordan Eberle is da bomb!

Gone 12-15-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaray_656 (Post 56559757)
That list is also a joke. Morgan Reilly is 4th ahead of Yakupov and Galchenyuk:shakehead

I agree with that list. Morgan Reilly is playing unbelievably this year.

I think Glachenyuk should of went 1st overall last year; but with his injury, that would of been a gutsy call. Those types of calls the Oil always fail at: Riley Nash, Plante, MAP ... etc., etc., etc.

BoldNewLettuce 12-15-2012 10:38 PM

I need this info in percentage terms. Shooting percentage.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.