HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hamilton bulldogs release darryl boyce from pto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1308317)

Beerbeerhockey 12-15-2012 12:45 PM

Hamilton bulldogs release darryl boyce from pto
 
http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...article_id=175

Marc the Habs Fan 12-15-2012 12:48 PM

Great news! Hopefully Nattinen is promoted into the top 9 full time now as this is a developmental league after-all.

Talks to Goalposts 12-15-2012 12:56 PM

I presume this means they are keeping Fortier with the Bulldogs?

They probably should have had him as 4th C from the begining.

vokiel 12-15-2012 01:15 PM

Does that mean Kraken Avtsin will see more icetime?

Andy 12-15-2012 01:15 PM

Good. Boyce was crap. Waste of space on the roster. If only one of Stortini or Hagel could be next.

Analyzer 12-15-2012 01:29 PM

'Bout time. Guy was pretty useless and I doubt his veteran presence was all that worthy.

Crimson Skorpion 12-15-2012 01:31 PM

If he had played more like mens and not boyce, he'd still be here.

Booba 12-15-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 56566013)
Does that mean Kraken Avtsin will see more icetime?

Hopefully

It's a shame we didn't sign Farnham, he would have been perfect for our 4th line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 56566015)
Good. Boyce was crap. Waste of space on the roster. If only one of Stortini or Hagel could be next.

Don't count on that. There are both signed for one year and it's not easy to "escape" from a SPC.

Andy 12-15-2012 01:44 PM

Not impressed with Bergevin's "vet" signings so far. Hagel, Boyce and Stortini have all been terrible and I'm being kind.

Habs13 12-15-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 56566403)
If he had played more like mens and not boyce, he'd still be here.

:handclap:

Well played, sir.

yoyo999 12-15-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts (Post 56565663)
I presume this means they are keeping Fortier with the Bulldogs?

They probably should have had him as 4th C from the begining.

I think Olivier Fortier is long done with the organization. He currenlty plays for the Orlando Solar Bears in the ECHL.

larrypacman8167 12-15-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo999 (Post 56566863)
I think Olivier Fortier is long done with the organization. He currenlty plays for the Orlando Solar Bears in the ECHL.

he was called up by hamilton to replace Palushaj

Watsatheo 12-15-2012 01:55 PM

Merry Christmas. :sarcasm:

Andy 12-15-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 56566979)
Merry Christmas. :sarcasm:

Classless.

Gauthier:shakehead

thaivuN 12-15-2012 03:08 PM

Just you wait, Naatinen will still play in the fourth line with Hagel and Stortini.

HankyZetts 12-15-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaivuN (Post 56569175)
Just you wait, Naatinen will still play in the fourth line with Hagel and Stortini.

Hahaha yeah Naatinen will probably get benched somehow because of this! But seriously, Boyce had been so underwhelming. I liked him with the Leafs and Marlies so I was a bit disappointed, hopefully we can land a scorer from somewhere instead.

Bullsmith 12-15-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 56566687)
Not impressed with Bergevin's "vet" signings so far. Hagel, Boyce and Stortini have all been terrible and I'm being kind.

Yeah, all three have been complete failures. Hopefully the Commodore signing works out better.

Habitants 12-15-2012 05:01 PM

good, did not really need him.

give more chance to some other players or find a better veteran to replace him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 56566687)
Not impressed with Bergevin's "vet" signings so far. Hagel, Boyce and Stortini have all been terrible and I'm being kind.

he prob figured they would add character/grit to the team full of youngsters that may need some help on the physical side. Sadly, these players are not particularly skilled.

just looking at current UFA list,
maybe he could sign Kostopolous? or Winchester? Ouelette might not have been bad, although they did not offer him a chance after his try out..

Myron Gaines* 12-15-2012 05:12 PM

What the team really needs is a vet or two to lead the way offensively

bud12 12-15-2012 05:14 PM

less Boyce and Sucktini, more Pl3....

overlords 12-15-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud12 (Post 56572083)
less Boyce and Sucktini, more Pl3....

More of the same, then? Okay.

Analyzer 12-15-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud12 (Post 56572083)
less Boyce and Sucktini, more Pl3....

PL3 can't even skate....

yoyo999 12-15-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitants (Post 56571825)
good, did not really need him.

give more chance to some other players or find a better veteran to replace him.



he prob figured they would add character/grit to the team full of youngsters that may need some help on the physical side. Sadly, these players are not particularly skilled.

just looking at current UFA list,
maybe he could sign Kostopolous? or Winchester? Ouelette might not have been bad, although they did not offer him a chance after his try out..

Didn't Tom Kostopoulos lead the AHL in scoring at one point when he played for WB-Scranton? Or did I make this up?

overlords 12-15-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo999 (Post 56572763)
Didn't Tom Kostopoulos lead the AHL in scoring at one point when he played for WB-Scranton? Or did I make this up?

I don't think he ever lead his team in scoring in the AHL, let alone the league itself. Quick glance at hockeydb shows that the best he ever did at that level was 71 points , Cammy scoring over 100 points on that same team. And that was with Manchester.

bud12 12-16-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 56572543)
PL3 can't even skate....

you dont know what you talking about.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.