HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   HFNHL Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   NOTIFICATION - 2012-13 Rating Challenges Submission Info (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1308349)

Ville Isopää 12-15-2012 02:32 PM

NOTIFICATION - 2012-13 Rating Challenges Submission Info

Here's a reminder on how the system works. One Ratings Challenge marker will serve as the person you will send your challenges into. He will then rebuttal your challenge. Both your challenge and his rebuttal will then be sent to the Final judge who will look at the evidence from both sides and make a ruling based on this, with the process working more like an actual court room judgment. We've developed this process in order to make the ratings challenge ruling slightly more consistent and more democratic. This year we have three Ratings Challenge markers who also work as final judges for another group.

So here are your instructions:

Each team is going to get a maximum of 6 ratings challenges on a maximum of 5 players. OV can not be challenged, except for goaltenders. Goaltender ratings will be challenged by OV only (basically you would suggest an overall percentage increase of all ratings or which OV rating or goalie your goalie should rate like).

Please make sure your ratings challenges are well researched and worthwhile. A successful ratings challenge is likely to be built around stats or scouting reports.

Your ratings challenge submission format should appear as follows"

Email Title: "HFNHL Ratings Challenge - Team Name"

1. Player Name
2. Rating being challenged
3. Current Rating
4. Suggested Rating
5. Reasoning or Argument for challenge (aka your proof)

The submission deadline for these challenges is going to be next Saturday, December 22nd at 11:59pm EST

Please see the below list to figure out who you will be sending your challenges to.

Would the following teams Group A send their ratings challenges to Rob Krueger at rkrueger@cellwand.com

Anaheim Ducks
Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanche
Columbus Blue Jackets
Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings
Los Angeles Kings
Nashville Predators
San Jose Sharks
St. Louis Blues

Would the following teams Group B send their ratings challenges to Sean Keogh at sean_k_18@hotmail.com

Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Ottawa Senators
Pittsburgh Penguins
Toronto Maple Leafs

Would the following teams Group C send their ratings challenges to Ville Isopaa at hfnhlcolorado@gmail.com

Calgary Flames
Carolina Hurricanes
Edmonton Oilers
Minnesota Wild
Philadelphia Flyers
Phoenix Coyotes
Tampa Bay Lightning
Vancouver Canucks
Washington Capitals
Winnipeg Jets

For Group A, Sean will be the final judge, for Group B I (Ville) will be the final judge and for Group C Rob will be the final judge.

Thank you gentleman.

Any questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

Canuck09 12-16-2012 09:29 PM

Ville...probably a good idea to send this out in an email as well on the chance some guys have stopped checking the boards after the downtime we've had.

PUTADELFIA 12-17-2012 03:52 PM

They just have to check the board like everybody else.... We can maybe send the re-rates too for their team...

Ville Isopää 12-18-2012 01:49 AM

The instructions have now been posted in the Yahoo group and also sent to every GM's email listed in the GM info.

So far I have recieved the challenges of:
Edmonton
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Vancouver

PasiK 12-19-2012 11:44 AM

Sharks sent 6 challenges for 5 players ... FYI .. those went to ..

Both goalies; karlsson and theodore
Colin Greening SK
Aaron Johnson DU
Sheldon Souray DU and DF

correct :sarcasm:

Fan.At 12-22-2012 04:17 AM

Predators challenges krugered (but i got an auto-replay saying the recipient is out of the office until Jan 3 :cry:)

Ohio Jones 12-22-2012 08:43 AM

Deadine's today, so everybody who was waiting to see if the Mayans were right (spoiler alert: they weren't) has a few hours to get their challenges in.

PasiK 12-22-2012 12:32 PM

Philadelphia so far only one ? I sent as well, but havent receive answer, hopefully it reached Krueger

Fan.At 12-22-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Jones (Post 56736719)
Deadine's today, so everybody who was waiting to see if the Mayans were right (spoiler alert: they weren't) has a few hours to get their challenges in.

they were only right for the nhl it seems (maybe wrong on the exact date, but still...)

Dempsey 12-22-2012 08:54 PM

Kings rating challenges sent.

SenatorsGM 12-22-2012 10:00 PM

Senators just fired their challenges off

Ville Isopää 12-23-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan.At (Post 56734185)
Predators challenges krugered (but i got an auto-replay saying the recipient is out of the office until Jan 3 :cry:)

Same here..

Dr.Sens(e) 12-23-2012 10:08 PM

Rob has e-mail access and his computer, although no guarantees he will get to it before his return from Scotland. He noted this to the admin team previously, as the challenges were though to be done earlier in december when he had more time. He still might get to some of them though.

SPG 12-27-2012 12:49 PM

Completely missed this. I assume it's too late to submit now that we've passed the deadline... :rant:

Vagrant 12-27-2012 02:52 PM

I just wanted to say that I didn't miss this, but rather had nothing really absurd about the ratings that warranted my attention.

Vaive-Alive 01-05-2013 09:35 AM

Guys I am back from Scotland and will be able to get to the challenges/reviews in the next few days. Happy New Year!

MatthewFlames 01-05-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive (Post 57131507)
Guys I am back from Scotland and will be able to get to the challenges/reviews in the next few days. Happy New Year!

Awesome. Hope you had a good time and some good scotch. I'm back as well so things will start rolling soon....

PS no challenges from the Flames

Hossa 01-05-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive (Post 57131507)

Same. I wasn't in Scotland, but the holiday drinking is over, so time to get down to business.

Hossa 01-09-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ville Isopää (Post 56568153)

Would the following teams Group B send their ratings challenges to Sean Keogh at sean_k_18@hotmail.com

Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Ottawa Senators
Pittsburgh Penguins
Toronto Maple Leafs

Challenges were received from all of the above, except the Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Penguins. Rebuttals for all have been forwarded for final judgment.

Tampa GM 01-13-2013 01:41 PM

Not a rating challenge but Joseph Crabb on my roster is not rated at all, would appreciate if he gets some kind of raiting :)