HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mixed Martial Arts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Are you on the Benson Henderson bandwagon? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1308513)

Vamos Rafa 12-15-2012 11:00 PM

Are you on the Benson Henderson bandwagon?
 
I am. What's next for him? Move to WW?

http://admin.mmaweekly.com/wp-conten...209-WEC-53.jpg

m9 12-15-2012 11:16 PM

Is this serious? A move to WW? Guy has lots of good challengers at 155 left.

Fanpuck33 12-15-2012 11:20 PM

First WEC event I watched was his first fight against Cowboy Cerrone and I've been a big fan ever since. If Pettis beats Cowboy, you have to think Showtime finally gets his title shot. Next up would be Melendez.

A move to welterweight makes no sense. At this point, he's got weight cutting down to a science and even when he has a tough cut, he's still capable of going 5 rounds at a high level, like with that first Cerrone fight. The lightweight division is extremely deep, so he's not going to run out of good fights there. I mean, he's only defended the belt twice at this point and one of those was extremely controversial.

MurrayBannerman 12-15-2012 11:23 PM

I've always liked Bendo. I was rooting for Diaz in that last fight because I like Diaz marginally more.

Gene Parmesan 12-15-2012 11:30 PM

Bendo is fun to watch. His skillset and athleticism are unique. His demolition of Diaz was a masterpiece.

Vamos Rafa 12-16-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m9 (Post 56580391)
Is this serious? A move to WW? Guy has lots of good challengers at 155 left.

I'm a n00b in the LW division :laugh:. Before Benson's win last week, I only followed WW (mainly GSP) and HW. Glad to know there is a lot of competition left for him at LW.

m9 12-16-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 56581125)
I'm a n00b in the LW division :laugh:. Before Benson's win last week, I only followed WW (mainly GSP) and HW. Glad to know there is a lot of competition left for him at LW.

Fair enough. The LW division is great, you should enjoy it. Lots of top guys in the UFC already and a couple more challengers on the way in Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez.

MurrayBannerman 12-16-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m9 (Post 56581631)
Fair enough. The LW division is great, you should enjoy it. Lots of top guys in the UFC already and a couple more challengers on the way in Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez.

Perfect timing too.

Gene Parmesan 12-16-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 56581125)
I'm a n00b in the LW division :laugh:. Before Benson's win last week, I only followed WW (mainly GSP) and HW. Glad to know there is a lot of competition left for him at LW.

LW is probably the deepest division in the UFC..you'll enjoy it.

ck26 12-16-2012 05:09 AM

I want to see Ben Henderson fight -- and beat -- Cerone, Pettis, Maynard, Melendez, Alvarez and Edgar (again) before he even considers a move to welterweight. So many good fights at lightweight.

Gene Parmesan 12-16-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck26 (Post 56583089)
I want to see Ben Henderson fight -- and beat -- Cerone, Pettis, Maynard, Melendez, Alvarez and Edgar (again) before he even considers a move to welterweight. So many good fights at lightweight.

I want to see him fight Cerrone and Pettis because all three fighters have improved since the WEC days...Henderson/Cerrone was one of my fave fights.

MurrayBannerman 12-16-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan (Post 56586381)
I want to see him fight Cerrone and Pettis because all three fighters have improved since the WEC days...Henderson/Cerrone was one of my fave fights.

You think Pettis has improved? I don't really see much more than the old Pettis that I was accustomed to.

Captain_Cunney 12-16-2012 12:39 PM

I've loved Smooth for a while, I was lucky enough to catch him throw down at an MFC event quite some time & was instantly hooked. I was shocked by this nerdy guy who entered the ring and turned into a killer, his poin Dexter glasses were even worn down to the ring. Classic.

The competition he faced in the WEC was redonkulous, tough fight after tough fight and he assassinated all of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 56587219)
You think Pettis has improved? I don't really see much more than the old Pettis that I was accustomed to.

I thought his last quick impressive destruction of lauzon was far and away his bet performance. Benson has improved more though, IMO, and would take the fight.

William H Bonney 12-16-2012 12:55 PM

I'm still amazed at all the submissions attempts he survived in the first fight against Cerrone. That was an amazing fight.

m9 12-16-2012 01:32 PM

Pettis hasn't really fought enough since coming over to gauge his improvement. I like him to beat Cerrone and setup a Henderson rematch on a Fox card.

Gene Parmesan 12-16-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William H Bonney (Post 56588827)
I'm still amazed at all the submissions attempts he survived in the first fight against Cerrone. That was an amazing fight.

That was incredible. WEC forever!

Boris Le Tigre 12-16-2012 04:48 PM

Henderson is great to watch. His wrestling is top notch. And he has to be the strongest LW of all ... he can fall back on out muscling guys if he gets in trouble ... that wont work as well if he were to go up...

Avs_19 12-16-2012 04:53 PM

Not a huge Henderson fan but he's a great fighter. The win over Diaz was very impressive.

Cerrone/Pettis don't stand a chance IMO. Bring on Melendez.

CNS 12-16-2012 05:08 PM

Not a fan. Just sorta rubs me the wrong way.

m9 12-16-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 56597029)
Not a huge Henderson fan but he's a great fighter. The win over Diaz was very impressive.

Cerrone/Pettis don't stand a chance IMO. Bring on Melendez.

A guy who has already beat him doesn't have a chance? Alright..

Avs_19 12-16-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m9 (Post 56598019)
A guy who has already beat him doesn't have a chance? Alright..

Henderson is a different fighter now. I think he'll easily beat Pettis.

jw2 12-16-2012 06:47 PM

Used to be a much bigger fan when he was in WEC. Every fight in the UFC he seems to be getting GSPier... Safe, running, etc. I want to see him FIGHT, but the Pettis loss really changed him. (No finishes in UFC. Only 2 decisions in WEC - Ceronne, Pettis, both great fights.)

DaaaaB's 12-17-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney (Post 56588301)
The competition he faced in the WEC was redonkulous, tough fight after tough fight and he assassinated all of them.

Anthony Pettis says hello.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw2 (Post 56601079)
Used to be a much bigger fan when he was in WEC. Every fight in the UFC he seems to be getting GSPier... Safe, running, etc. I want to see him FIGHT, but the Pettis loss really changed him. (No finishes in UFC. Only 2 decisions in WEC - Ceronne, Pettis, both great fights.)

Good point. I like Bendo but he's definitely not as fun to watch now as he used to be. He seems like a great person though too, which is part of the reason I like him. It does piss me off that my boy Frankie got screwed out of his title against Bendo but that's the judges fault.

m9 12-17-2012 12:15 PM

You can't fault a guy for not finishing guys like Diaz or Edgar, those guys are practically impossible to finish.

Deen 12-20-2012 03:13 AM

Guy got me hooked with his walkout tune. I actually like his quirky personality even though I am not really all that religious. Have to respect someone that sticks up for their beliefs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.