HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Plekanec, Eller & DD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1309091)

LeHaboholique 12-17-2012 09:10 PM

Plekanec, Eller & DD
 
With Galchenyuk coming into his own quite well and quite possibly becoming something pretty special in the NHL(If he chooses to play centre as opposed to the wing on which he currently resides), Montreal day in and day out are faced with... Who leaves, and what do each of these individuals bring home if traded out of the franchise?

Analyzer 12-17-2012 09:17 PM

Probably whichever one costs the most/can bring us back the greatest asset.

We'll cross that bridge when it comes.

However, I see Chicago getting Pleks. They have the pieces, the need and they're in the west.

JayKing 12-17-2012 09:46 PM

I hope Plekanec retires as a Habs.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* 12-17-2012 09:49 PM

I would trade DD before Pleks and Eller. I really think eller can become a really good 2nd line center but I feel that DD is just too small for the center position I wouldn't mind trading him but I would like to see him play winger...it's not like he's going to lose his playmaking abilities and I think his skills are best suited for the wing.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* 12-17-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdubois585 (Post 56633109)
I hope Plekanec retires as a Habs.

Highly Unlikely.

ZARTONK 12-17-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdubois585 (Post 56633109)
I hope Plekanec retires as a Habs.

me too

Chacal667 12-18-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 56632261)
Probably whichever one costs the most/can bring us back the greatest asset.

We'll cross that bridge when it comes.

However, I see Chicago getting Pleks. They have the pieces, the need and they're in the west.

And they probably have a good connection with Marc Bergevin, + Gauthier work now for chicago

eklunds source 12-18-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeHaboholique (Post 56632019)
With Galchenyuk coming into his own quite well and quite possibly becoming something pretty special in the NHL

You're basing this off of... what, exactly? His overage OHL year?

OHL overage year:

57 regular season games played
57 goals
88 assists
145 points

19 playoff games played
10 goals
37 assists
47 points

- Rob Schremp

Frozenice 12-18-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eklunds source (Post 56636619)
You're basing this off of... what, exactly? His overage OHL year?

OHL overage year:

57 regular season games played
57 goals
88 assists
145 points

19 playoff games played
10 goals
37 assists
47 points

- Rob Schremp

Galchenyuk wants to and willingly plays a pros game which is what you need if you want to play in the NHL unlike the guy you compare him to.

rt 12-18-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eklunds source (Post 56636619)
You're basing this off of... what, exactly? His overage OHL year?

OHL overage year:

57 regular season games played
57 goals
88 assists
145 points

19 playoff games played
10 goals
37 assists
47 points

- Rob Schremp

Nope. Look again. The season after Schremp was drafted he put up about a point and a half a game.

Galchenyuk is putting up about two points per game.

Schremp was also in terrible physical condition, was an awful skater, and a detrimental defensive player. None of those things can be said about Galchenyuk who has all of the other tools you can think of to go along with his offensive ability.

palindrom 12-18-2012 12:37 AM

What about trading Galchenyuk instead? So we dont have the trouble to make room for him on the lineup.

sully1410 12-18-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 56637191)
What about trading Galchenyuk instead? So we dont have the trouble to make room for him on the lineup.

package him with carey price and we'll trade you bryan little.

palindrom 12-18-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 56637861)
package him with carey price and we'll trade you bryan little.

Negotiable?

I decline your present offer

MasterDecoy 12-18-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 56637861)
package him with carey price and we'll trade you bryan little.

Win!

sully1410 12-18-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 56637895)
Negotiable?

I decline your present offer

what are you talking about? Decline? pfffft. You'll take the deal and thank me for getting that much. I'm trading you a legit top line fwd for an unproven prospect and an overpaid goalie that has accomplished nothing in his career.

Decline indeed.

Nihiliste 12-18-2012 01:35 AM

Montreal should keep Plekanec and Eller and either trade DD or move him to wing if he can play there. Keep the better players, roll 3 good centers, and ease Galchenyuk into the NHL in a sheltered role.

eklunds source 12-18-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozenice (Post 56636907)
Galchenyuk wants to and willingly plays a pros game which is what you need if you want to play in the NHL unlike the guy you compare him to.

You think Rob Schremp didn't want to play a pro game? He was just in hockey because it was fun?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 56637133)
Nope. Look again. The season after Schremp was drafted he put up about a point and a half a game.

Galchenyuk is putting up about two points per game.

Schremp was also in terrible physical condition, was an awful skater, and a detrimental defensive player. None of those things can be said about Galchenyuk who has all of the other tools you can think of to go along with his offensive ability.

Right, his 2.5ppg year was when he was 20, my bad.. Even so, 30 games in the OHL at age 19 is not nearly enough to say anything definitively.. Let alone because of loose narratives like "has all the tools"..

jhjhjhjhjhjh* 12-18-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 56637191)
What about trading Galchenyuk instead? So we dont have the trouble to make room for him on the lineup.

Yes because Galchenyuk will not be better than any of the centers we have on this roster.

Chacal667 12-18-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eklunds source (Post 56639675)
You think Rob Schremp didn't want to play a pro game? He was just in hockey because it was fun?


Right, his 2.5ppg year was when he was 20, my bad.. Even so, 30 games in the OHL at age 19 is not nearly enough to say anything definitively.. Let alone because of loose narratives like "has all the tools"..

don't forget that galchenyuk missed all the last season so it is like if he had the experience of a 17 years old player.

PATCHESx67 12-18-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 56638065)
what are you talking about? Decline? pfffft. You'll take the deal and thank me for getting that much. I'm trading you a legit top line fwd for an unproven prospect and an overpaid goalie that has accomplished nothing in his career.

Decline indeed.

:laugh: thumbs up

ulysse84 12-18-2012 08:56 AM

:habs ------> Saad - Teravainen/Clendening - Johns
:hawks ----> Plekanec

subbanged 12-18-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulysse84 (Post 56642001)
:habs ------> Saad - Teravainen/Clendening - Johns
:hawks ----> Plekanec

Teravainen, Saad and your first for plekanec I'd do it

Edit: I really Like teravainen and our head scout did as well so I think it be a good fit

habs03 12-18-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh (Post 56633203)
I would trade DD before Pleks and Eller. I really think eller can become a really good 2nd line center but I feel that DD is just too small for the center position I wouldn't mind trading him but I would like to see him play winger...it's not like he's going to lose his playmaking abilities and I think his skills are best suited for the wing.



If someone needs to be moved to wing, coaching staff/management think it will be Eller not DD, they seemed to have already told Eller he might have to play LW.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...943/story.html


Personally I think someone is going to be moved, out of DD/Plek/Eller, but no need to rush the decision until Gally is ready to play centre, who I picture starting his NHL career at LW.

Blind Gardien 12-18-2012 10:30 AM

Keep them all. It's not like the Habs are going to be pushed into making a decision anytime soon. Galchenyuk is probably a few years away from being an NHL center, and a lot could happen in the meantime (including him not even ending up as a center).

theboss* 12-18-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 56637895)
Negotiable?

I decline your present offer

What are you talking about, Habs take that and run.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.