HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OT:Who's you favorite Isle's Prospect ? What if .....? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1309281)

scott99 12-18-2012 12:49 PM

OT:Who's you favorite Isle's Prospect ? What if .....?

I know this will probably be shoved into the Isles Prospect Thread, BUT, I have another reason for starting this seperate thread. I know a lot of fans have their favorite prospects, Mine are Strome and Niederreiter. My question for you is, would you be upset if someone else made it big instead of your favorite prospect ?

For instance, like I said, I'm a big Strome fan and a big Niederreiter fan, BUT, I'm a bigger Islander's fan, so if Brock Nelson made it big instead of Ryan Strome, or John Persson mad it big instead of Nino Niederreiter, I wouldn't be terribly upset. Of course, I'm hoping all of the prospects make it big and root for them all.

Who's your favorites ? And would you be upset if someone else made it big instead of them ?

StrongIslanders90 12-18-2012 01:05 PM

As long as some of these boys pan out I will be happy.

Im a big Strome,Griff, and Kabanov fan; but then again I love and support most of our prospects.

BillD 12-18-2012 01:33 PM

Lovin' Brock Nelson.

After that Sundstrom, Ullstrom, Persson, Kabanov, Nilsson.
Not those still in junior or college.

KrisBeKreame 12-18-2012 01:36 PM

Nelson, Mayfield and Reinhart for me.

OrangeZebra 12-18-2012 02:09 PM

I like Nilsson. I wouldn't be mad if Cody Rosen became the next Henrik Lundqvist though.

SLAPSHOT723 12-18-2012 02:13 PM

I'm a huge Poulin fan, but I'll be okay if Nilsson ends up better.

Richie Daggers Crime 12-18-2012 04:10 PM

I don't care as long as the team gets much better.

88th Precinct 12-18-2012 04:18 PM

Nelson, Cizikas & Strome as far as forwards go...Mayfield, Reinhart & Pedan on the blueline, and I like both Nilsson and Poulin as I think they'll make a good duo down the road.

If Nino or Kabanov or deHaan became better players, I wouldn't mind a bit as I feel the team just has quality and/or depth about to bust through on every position.

Degeneration Rex 12-18-2012 04:46 PM

I'll go with two junior players
1-Pedan
2-Pelech

CREW99AW 12-18-2012 05:32 PM

I'm really rooting for Nino, Cal De Haan and Kabanov. Probably because I've been in so many arguments with other fans about them ;)

If other NYI prospects outproduce them and take the open roster spots, I wouldn't complain.I want the isles to become a dominate team and win another cup in the new few yrs.

Augscura 12-18-2012 05:53 PM

Poulin Strome and Reinhart

Homeland Security 12-18-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott99;56647685[B
]I know this will probably be shoved into the Isles Prospect Thread,[/B] BUT, I have another reason for starting this seperate thread. I know a lot of fans have their favorite prospects, Mine are Strome and Niederreiter. My question for you is, would you be upset if someone else made it big instead of your favorite prospect ?

For instance, like I said, I'm a big Strome fan and a big Niederreiter fan, BUT, I'm a bigger Islander's fan, so if Brock Nelson made it big instead of Ryan Strome, or John Persson mad it big instead of Nino Niederreiter, I wouldn't be terribly upset. Of course, I'm hoping all of the prospects make it big and root for them all.

Who's your favorites ? And would you be upset if someone else made it big instead of them ?

We can keep it separate.

rikker 12-18-2012 06:57 PM

i like alot of our prospects, so it's hard to pick. buuuut.... i will.

for forward, i think Czikas will surprise/overachieve. kinda like a Peca/M. Fisher type...

for defence, i think Pelech will surprise/overachieve. Suter like numbers...

i will go with Nilsson in net.

doublechili 12-18-2012 08:59 PM

Still waiting for Hector Marini to reach his potential.

DanNYI2191 12-19-2012 09:47 AM

Lee, Nelson, and Kabanov

NYI78 12-19-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott99 (Post 56647685)
I know this will probably be shoved into the Isles Prospect Thread, BUT, I have another reason for starting this seperate thread. I know a lot of fans have their favorite prospects, Mine are Strome and Niederreiter. My question for you is, would you be upset if someone else made it big instead of your favorite prospect ?

whoever produces i'm a fan of..i could give a rats ass if a 7th round pick becomes more of a star player than a first rounder..i could care less..with that being said my favorite prospect is Anders Nilsson