HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal D prospect for Puempel (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1309865)

pcamp 12-19-2012 06:55 PM

Montreal D prospect for Puempel
 
I am wondering how do sens fan value Puempel? Montreal would benefit from another LW finisher. Sens would bring a partner for ceci(long term) considering the first pairing would be cowen-karlsson. Who would you be interested in?

Habsawce 12-19-2012 07:52 PM

I'm not willing to give up Tinordi, which I'm sure would be the player asked for. And Beaulieu doesn't really serve them well, and I'm not sure I'd like to give him up although I would for Puempel.

Morgan Ellis, I have a man crush on his game so no touchy!

roboninja 12-20-2012 08:01 AM

Emelin? I really like his game, and think he brings a physicality that would be well needed on the Sens. Still quite young and developing.

MXD 12-20-2012 08:18 AM

That would be either Tinordi or Ellis, probably Ellis.

If Ellis -- the Habs adds a bit.
If Tinordi -- the Sens adds a bit.

Unless they want an established D, like Josh Gorges or, to a lesser extent, Alex Emelin.

internetdotcom 12-20-2012 08:29 AM

As per the OTT-PIT thread, we don't really need D, but if we were to trade Puempel for a D from Montreal, I'd want Tinordi, not really interested in any of their other D prospects.

pcamp 12-20-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MXD (Post 56690597)
That would be either Tinordi or Ellis, probably Ellis.

If Ellis -- the Habs adds a bit.
If Tinordi -- the Sens adds a bit.

Unless they want an established D, like Josh Gorges or, to a lesser extent, Alex Emelin.

Emelin would not be expendable right now.. But he could definitely become in 1-2 years with beaulieu and tinordis development. In that case, what would be a reasonable trade offer?

Patty Roy 12-20-2012 08:33 AM

One of our top D prospects for Puempel is not a move the Habs should be making, IMO.

Blind Gardien 12-20-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy (Post 56690809)
One of our top D prospects for Puempel is not a move the Habs should be making, IMO.

Agreed. Puempel is not a very safe prospect. At the threshold it would likely take to acquire him, it's better to just leave that risk in the Sens' hands. I certainly wouldn't give up Beaulieu, Tinordi, or Emelin, anyway. Likely not Ellis or Thrower even. If there was a camp elimination situation and Weber was beaten out by Diaz, I'd give up Weber for him. No harm in that from the Habs' POV. But of course no sense in that for the Sens... they can get a Weber (maybe even the Weber) on waivers or elsewise very easily.

Lebowski 12-20-2012 11:52 AM

I'm not too keen on the idea of trading either of Beaulieu, Tinordi and Ellis at this point. I think they are all keepers and if I'd ever have to move them, I'd want more than Puempel.

SpezDispenser 12-20-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski (Post 56696137)
I'm not too keen on the idea of trading either of Beaulieu, Tinordi and Ellis at this point. I think they are all keepers and if I'd ever have to move them, I'd want more than Puempel.

I'm sure the Sens would have little problem adding to Puempel to get one of Beaulieu or Tinordi. I guess it depends what extra we'd have to pay, but I'm sure we'd have heavy interest.

Halifaxhab* 12-20-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 56683111)
I'm not willing to give up Tinordi, which I'm sure would be the player asked for. And Beaulieu doesn't really serve them well, and I'm not sure I'd like to give him up although I would for Puempel.

Morgan Ellis, I have a man crush on his game so no touchy!

I'd move Ellis + late pick. Ellis could turn into another Gorges, and Puempel can end up as a solid 2nd liner

Wingsfan2965* 12-22-2012 01:45 PM

Good a place as any for me to once again thank Ottawa for Jurco and Ouellet. :)

White Goodman 12-22-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 (Post 56742773)
Good a place as any for me to once again thank Ottawa for Jurco and Ouellet. :)

Thank you for Paul MacLean.

Manked 12-22-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 (Post 56742773)
Good a place as any for me to once again thank Ottawa for Jurco and Ouellet. :)

What? Puempel is one of the leading goal scorers in the OHL. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'd ask for Tinordi, and with some convincing would probably be willing to add a B- prospect.

Analyzer 12-22-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 56745093)
What? Puempel is one of the leading goal scorers in the OHL. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'd ask for Tinordi, and with some convincing would probably be willing to add a B- prospect.

Cowen - Tinordi d would be pretty nasty... In a good way. Both are big and fairly mobile for men their size.

Wingsfan2965* 12-22-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg (Post 56742813)
Thank you for Paul MacLean.

As long as we keep Babs, I'm fine with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 56745093)
What? Puempel is one of the leading goal scorers in the OHL. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in the World Juniors...

Saving Greiss 12-22-2012 06:05 PM

I would do something around Puempel/Ellis. Asking for Tinordi would be unreasonable.

Trunz05 12-22-2012 06:38 PM

As an outsider who's seen Puempel play I wouldn't trade any of Montreals top D prospects for him, I don't see the guy becoming a usefull NHL player. I just don't see his ge translating well to the pros.

Also the Wings fan should wait until Jurco or Oullett play a pro game and are successful before bragging about winning a trade of draft picks.

internetdotcom 12-22-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superunknown94 (Post 56747543)
I would do something around Puempel/Ellis. Asking for Tinordi would be unreasonable.

Sens decline, thanks. We don't need Puempel scoring goals against us for 6 games a year for 15 years, possibly on Galchenyuk's wing.

Hugo Sham 12-22-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 56748483)
Sens decline, thanks. We don't need Puempel scoring goals against us for 6 games a year for 15 years, possibly on Galchenyuk's wing.

and Habs decline. Tinordi is the last dman prospect habs will trade.

SpezDispenser 12-22-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 (Post 56747227)
Is it as ignorant as stating that Puempel is a "Top scorer" in the OHL despite the fact that he's 12th, and when it gets to actual points in general, he's not even in the top 50?


Wow really? 21 goals in 26 games and you're bad mouthing him? Give me a break.

Wingsfan2965* 12-22-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpezDispenser (Post 56751077)
Wow really? 21 goals in 26 games and you're bad mouthing him? Give me a break.

Not bad mouthing HIM at all. He was presented as a TOP scorer, being 12th, and when you take points overall into consideration, he's not even in the top 50.

That's not even going into the fact that Ouellet being on the WJC team was complete blown off as if it was nothing.

And we haven't even gotten into Jurco. It's a top six potential vs a top six potential AND a top four potential whose stock has done nothing but blow up since he's been drafted.

Kezia 12-22-2012 11:34 PM

Tinordi or the sens dont want to make the deal.
With Tinordi the habs dont want to make the deal.

Pax Macioretty 12-23-2012 02:45 PM

Absolutely no way Tinordi gets traded. His mix of size, mean streak and leadership makes him an unpricable value to a team that has a ton of great offensive defensmens like Beaulieu, Subban, Ellis and Diaz. Morgan Ellis is as far as I would go for Puempel, but it would hurt to lose Ellis aswell.

internetdotcom 12-23-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHill Seeker (Post 56748551)
and Habs decline. Tinordi is the last dman prospect habs will trade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 56764031)
Absolutely no way Tinordi gets traded. His mix of size, mean streak and leadership makes him an unpricable value to a team that has a ton of great offensive defensmens like Beaulieu, Subban, Ellis and Diaz. Morgan Ellis is as far as I would go for Puempel, but it would hurt to lose Ellis aswell.

That's fine, then the Sens don't bite.

/thread


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.