HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Prospect Info: Wjc 2012 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1310067)

Exit Dose 12-20-2012 11:00 AM

Wjc 2012
 
Our prospects in the tourney:

Sweden: Lindholm, Rakell, Karlsson

USA: Gibson

Exit Dose 12-20-2012 11:00 AM

USA v. Sweden stream:
http://atdhe.so/watch.php?id=544454

maplehawk 12-20-2012 12:17 PM

Rakell and Karlsson looked great in the 1st period. Lindholm didn't stand out good or bad. All round solid/quiet so far.

KEEROLE Vatanen 12-20-2012 12:51 PM

Rakell is a player that is better than stats indicate

Lord Flashheart 12-20-2012 01:00 PM

Karlsson lost the puck for the 2nd USA goal.

Rakell just scored. He showed some nice plays so far.

Exit Dose 12-20-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplehawk (Post 56696873)
Rakell and Karlsson looked great in the 1st period. Lindholm didn't stand out good or bad. All round solid/quiet so far.

He barely played, so it's not surprising.

Also, Rakell scores.:)

KEEROLE Vatanen 12-20-2012 01:00 PM

Rakell tha gawd

Exit Dose 12-20-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 56697811)
Rakell is a player that is better than stats indicate

That's what SP and I were saying. This guy is one of the prospects in our pool that I'm the most confident will make it. He isn't even getting much time on the PK - one of his strengths. :nod:

KEEROLE Vatanen 12-20-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 56698135)
That's what SP and I were saying. This guy is one of the prospects in our pool that I'm the most confident will make it. He isn't even getting much time on the PK - one of his strengths. :nod:

Every time I see him i completely disregard his OHL stats, he just always seems like one of the best players out there

Lord Flashheart 12-20-2012 01:16 PM

Stats.

Selanne138 12-20-2012 01:50 PM

Fun game to watch so far.

Rakell looks very impressive. I hope we stick with the Swedish drafting philosophy, that de la Rose kid is very skilled and shifty and one other guy really stuck out to me, but I couldn't fully understand what the announcer was calling him. I think it was Wennberg, but Im not sure.

Kalvinators 12-20-2012 02:00 PM

Lindholm playing only 2nd pair minutes?

Myron Gaines* 12-20-2012 02:04 PM

Can we please have your swedish scout?

Exit Dose 12-20-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 56699701)
Lindholm playing only 2nd pair minutes?

It's an exhibition. He's their number 1 defenseman. It would have been the same story for the US if Jones had played. These games are to decide who gets cut, so the lower guys get more ice time.

Kalvinators 12-20-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 56699837)
It's an exhibition. He's their number 1 defenseman. It would have been the same story for the US if Jones had played. These games are to decide who gets cut, so the lower guys get more ice time.

that`s what i thought (hoped), but had to get confirmation to feel better :)
Thanks.

Did Rakell and Karlsson were good all the game?
Forsberg a captain?

Vipers31 12-20-2012 02:13 PM

Rakell indeed looked very good, I thought. He should be fun to follow throughout the tournament, looks like he'll play a big role for this team. He's just playing with a lot of confidence in his combination of strength and skill, almost making it odd that the latter used to be a question mark when we drafted him. He seems to be the go-to guy on the Swedish powerplay, and made some really nice plays there, even though I missed the goal.

Karlsson wasn't quite as noticeable, but he just missed on a nice shot in the 1st.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myron Gaines (Post 56699809)
Can we please have your swedish scout?

We'll gladly keep him/them, I guess. :)

Exit Dose 12-20-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 56699953)
that`s what i thought (hoped), but had to get confirmation to feel better :)
Thanks.

Did Rakell and Karlsson were good all the game?
Forsberg a captain?

I thought Rakell was Sweden's best player, but Forsberg was on the same level. He was great all game.

Karlsson was hit and miss.

Fighter 12-20-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 56697811)
Rakell is a player that is better than stats indicate

god in the making?

mighty all the way 12-20-2012 05:08 PM

Rakell reminded me of Getzlaf, except for the fact he actually shoots the puck haha.

Sojourn 12-20-2012 05:21 PM

I'd be a bit nervous if I were Canadian, with the way Subban has looked.

I also liked the mobility of the US team, especially on the blue line. They could go far if Gibson plays well.

quentez 12-20-2012 06:17 PM

I've always touted Rakell as one of our top prospects. I'm confident he'll shine in WJC.

Sojourn 12-20-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quentez (Post 56705767)
I've always touted Rakell as one of our top prospects. I'm confident he'll shine in WJC.

Well, this season he seems to have been judged primarily on his offensive numbers in the Juniors, and I have to admit, I didn't really like that at all. Based on the little I've seen of him, Rakell struck me as a player who is so much more than his stats. He seemed to have a complete game, with the type of intangibles that can make GM's salivate. The kind of player you need to see to appreciate what he can do for your team.

I just felt like it was a disservice to him to look at the stat sheet and determine that he needed to be better. With some players, I think that might be applicable, but to me Rakell is playing a professional game at the Junior level, and numbers just don't tell you that.

Exit Dose 12-20-2012 06:39 PM

Murray and Madden have done a lot with those late firsts.

DuckJet 12-20-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne138 (Post 56699389)
Fun game to watch so far.

Rakell looks very impressive. I hope we stick with the Swedish drafting philosophy, that de la Rose kid is very skilled and shifty and one other guy really stuck out to me, but I couldn't fully understand what the announcer was calling him. I think it was Wennberg, but Im not sure.

Alex Wennberg. He's slated to go third or fourth round but I think that should change come June. He's got second round skill. Gotta think the Ducks are gonna give him a good look.

Kalvinators 12-20-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 56705999)
Well, this season he seems to have been judged primarily on his offensive numbers in the Juniors, and I have to admit, I didn't really like that at all. Based on the little I've seen of him, Rakell struck me as a player who is so much more than his stats. He seemed to have a complete game, with the type of intangibles that can make GM's salivate. The kind of player you need to see to appreciate what he can do for your team.

I just felt like it was a disservice to him to look at the stat sheet and determine that he needed to be better. With some players, I think that might be applicable, but to me Rakell is playing a professional game at the Junior level, and numbers just don't tell you that.

I don`t think that expecting better offensive numbers than previous season, is a bad thing in juniors.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.