HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Jamison officially signs Jobing.com lease agreement (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1310421)

LadyStanley 12-21-2012 10:58 AM

Jamison officially signs Jobing.com lease agreement

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet In Glendale, Greg Jamison's Group has officially signed the lease papers for the Arena. Now have until Jan 31/13 to close deal with NHL.

Killion 12-21-2012 11:11 AM

Interesting to say the least. I sure hope this is one present for the long suffering fans in Arizona that isnt returned after Boxing Day.

cheswick 12-21-2012 11:20 AM

I udnerstand some peopel skepticsm. Its gone on for years. But at the same time Jamison isn't a dumb man. If he wasn't confident he'd get the money what purpose would he have to go this far

Undertakerqc 12-21-2012 01:02 PM

This signing is conditionnal to finalising the sale, it actually means nothing. Show us the money Greg!!

Ryan34222 12-21-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 56717541)
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet In Glendale, Greg Jamison's Group has officially signed the lease papers for the Arena. Now have until Jan 31/13 to close deal with NHL.

Wow. Early Christmas present for Yotes fans..

Feels weird it maybe over I mean I figured this day would come eventually. Oh well I guess there's always the Florida teams to try and poach.

Mork 12-22-2012 02:01 AM

Look for the lockout to end soon if this deal goes through.

CarvinSigX 12-22-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan34222 (Post 56732251)
Wow. Early Christmas present for Yotes fans..

Feels weird it maybe over I mean I figured this day would come eventually. Oh well I guess there's always the Florida teams to try and poach.

All I can keep thinking is the NHL laughing and shouting SUCKER. Congratulations to Yotes fans though IF this is finally over. This is the sale that doesn't end...Yes it goes on and on my friends...

bruinsfan46 12-22-2012 05:08 AM

Scary for the people of Glendale but good if you're a hockey fan.

GuelphStormer 12-22-2012 07:40 AM

presumably there should be no barriers to the actual purchase, so this is a done deal. congrats to yotes fans. best of luck to glendale residents.

davemac1313 12-22-2012 07:55 AM

@JSportsnet Correction: City of Glendale has signed lease management agreement. Jamison will sign as soon as he receives signed docs.

Joyce Clark@clarkjv

Ewan McGregor 12-22-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 (Post 56734321)
Scary for the people of Glendale but good if you're a hockey fan.

Why? I think hokey fans would rather see this team go to a city that wants hockey.

Whileee 12-22-2012 11:48 AM

The lease must also be signed by "the Owner". We don't even know who that might be, as yet.

awfulwaffle 12-22-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor (Post 56740491)
Why? I think hokey fans would rather see this team go to a city that wants hockey.

Naive comment. There are plenty of hockey fans in Phoenix, only problem is that a lot of them are fans of other teams, and only show up when their team comes to town.

Look at me, I live in Phoenix, but the only time I will go to a Cardinals game is when the Dolphins come to town, my football team. Because I don't show up I'm not a football fan?

Confucius 12-22-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfulwaffle (Post 56740719)
Naive comment. There are plenty of hockey fans in Phoenix, only problem is that a lot of them are fans of other teams, and only show up when their team comes to town.

Look at me, I live in Phoenix, but the only time I will go to a Cardinals game is when the Dolphins come to town, my football team. Because I don't show up I'm not a football fan?

Nope, you're a Dolphin fan. Welcome to my world I live in Toronto, apparently most fans in Toronto are Leaf fans not hockey fans. So the story goes.

berklon 12-22-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Does it matter? If they don't show up to Coyotes games on a regular basis, then it's a lost cause.

Dado 12-22-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

I'd say that's correct - based on what you posted above, I wouldn't describe you as a football fan at all, I'd describe you as a Dolphins fan.

davemac1313 12-22-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dado (Post 56741677)
I'd say that's correct - based on what you posted above, I wouldn't describe you as a football fan at all, I'd describe you as a Dolphins fan.

Dado, as tough as this is to believe, we are in agreement..wow. I watch 6 to 8 games, my team and whatever else is on when they are not, every evening and the double header on Saturday, I call myself a hockey fan. Those that follow 1 team only are fans of that team not of the "game", Those that try to catch their team when convenient are casual fans.

I think Glendale has lots of casual fans, some team fans and not enough hockey fans. You need those 'Hockey Fans" to survive the bad seasons and rebuilding eras.

StoneColdFlower* 12-22-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killion (Post 56717773)
Interesting to say the least. I sure hope this is one present for the long suffering fans in Arizona that isnt returned after Boxing Day.

Yeah sure. There are more fans in a town like Windsor or Saskatoon than there are in all of Arizona. Not that the ineptitude and greed that has characterized the NHL's handling of southern expansion have done the market any favours, unfortunately.

GuelphStormer 12-23-2012 10:46 AM

do we have confirmation that jamison has actually signed the agreement? posts in the mega-thread seem to be suggesting that he has not signed anything ... only that skeete has signed on behalf of glendale and sent the papers over to jamison to sign ... ? and more importantly, there is no lease agreement until jamison actually purchases the team?

can someone confirm?

Habs05 12-23-2012 06:21 PM

In a way I could see why he would sign it so quickly. Nothing is official untill he buys the team so it's not really a commitment yet and by signing it he might think he can take control of the situation. However, if it's not official the city (new council) could cancel the agreement before january 31st (this is how I see it, can't confirm that) if Jamieson did not buy the team.

But can he sign it? I know it's not the team purchase it's just the lease agreement. But still... if he represent a group of investors he would need the OK from all of them. Does Jamieson has the money to represent the majority of this groups... I don't think so. Does it means he would have to reveal his list of investors to sign this agreement? There was rumours saying the group was fragile, that Jamieson had a hard time gathering them and might lose some... The lockout isn't really helping. Of course he's not losing money at the moment but let just say that Hockey isn't shiny in the eyes of investors.

NHLfan4life 12-26-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor (Post 56740491)

I couldn't have said it better myself. :laugh:

I seriously doubt you speak for all hockey fans. :shakehead

Puckschmuck* 12-26-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLfan4life (Post 56813053)
I seriously doubt you speak for all hockey fans. :shakehead

But he does echo hockey fans with common sense and logic.