HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   News Article: News from Around the League - Part XXXVI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1310503)

Classic Devil 12-21-2012 02:35 PM

News from Around the League - Part XXXVI
 
I want hockey!

goalvalchuk17 12-21-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic Devil (Post 56721605)
I want hockey!

i second that

apice3* 12-21-2012 02:51 PM

the decision to decertify is just more posturing. Voting against it shows weakness

MartyOwns 12-21-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Why would you root for that? Is being angry at Bettman and Fehr worth hoping innocent people get laid off and lose their jobs? How about all the local businesses suffering?
im not even saying I hope its cancelled cuz I hate fehr and bettman. I just think a Ĺ year of hockey is a joke, despite 1995. and I donít care about the product either, which has been my major passion since grade school. that says a lot.

small business owners who intend to thrive on the NHL oughta know better by now. very sad situation for them, but if bettman and fehr donít care about them, why should i?

Saugus 12-21-2012 03:06 PM

At this point the season is probably lost. This vote will cause a legal fight and with the amount of animosity there has been so far in the process, I don't see them settling.

NJDevs26 12-21-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyOwns (Post 56722263)
im not even saying I hope its cancelled cuz I hate fehr and bettman. I just think a Ĺ year of hockey is a joke, despite 1995. and I don’t care about the product either, which has been my major passion since grade school. that says a lot.

small business owners who intend to thrive on the NHL oughta know better by now. very sad situation for them, but if bettman and fehr don’t care about them, why should i?

They don't ask for lockouts, they don't have a say in it and the NHL being gone does affect them financially. Same with people who actually work for the NHL (staff, coaches, ticket reps, etc) or an NHL team, they're not the ones fighting over ******** issues and it affects their lives too.

If you don't care about the product fine, then why are you still posting here? I can understand you and nona being ****ed at the league and wanting them to suffer but I can't for the life of me see how no hockey this year is better than some hockey. It's not as if the NHL season's 'always' been 82 games long.

You may look at a short season as being ********, other people look on it as the games get more meaningful earlier because it's shorter. And it's not like the cream doesn't rise up after 48 games, there would have been maybe one or two teams that didn't make the playoffs who needed the extra 34 games to make it last year.

AfroThunder396 12-21-2012 03:28 PM

This is just a stall tactic. It's adorable that the union still thinks it has leverage. Or rather, they keep believing Fehr when he tells them they still have leverage.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 12-21-2012 03:59 PM

The players should all sign in Europe and give the middle finger to Bettman and the owners just before takeoff... The league can't survive without players but the players can survive whitout the league.

If they want to play hardball, I mean real hardball, that's what I would tell the PA if I was Fehr.

NJDevs26 12-21-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY (Post 56723349)
The players should all sign in Europe and give the middle finger to Bettman and the owners just before takeoff... The league can't survive without players but the players can survive whitout the league.

If they want to play hardball, I mean real hardball, that's what I would tell the PA if I was Fehr.

A) Half the players that have signed overseas have come running back because they hate it, like Kyle Turris and Derrick Brassard. If you're going 'home' like the Russians, that's one thing but that doesn't do the North American kids any good.
B) All they'd be doing is vulturing jobs from 'other' people, at a fraction of the salary they'd be making here...some union. And yet if the owners tried to replace them with replacement players they'd be up in arms crying scab.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 12-21-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevs26 (Post 56723541)
A) Half the players that have signed overseas have come running back because they hate it, like Kyle Turris and Derrick Brassard. If you're going 'home' like the Russians, that's one thing but that doesn't do the North American kids any good.
B) All they'd be doing is vulturing jobs from 'other' people, at a fraction of the salary they'd be making here...some union. And yet if the owners tried to replace them with replacement players they'd be up in arms crying scab.

Well the players who came back were playing outside of the top leagues in Europe... but I might be wrong. Europeans fly to NA to play hockey, so why couldn't NA's fly to Europe to play the game they love?

They wouldn't be stealing anyone's job, it's a business, period. I your boss has someone better in sight, he'll sign him for the good of the company and his own job. At the moment, the players are making didly squat, so earning something is better then nothing ;)

Blackhawkswincup 12-21-2012 04:24 PM

So many current and former Hawks have looked like tools this entire lockout

Patrick Kane so far has been only reasonable/well spoken current/ex hawk

Frankly at this point if Toews/Bolland never play for Hawks again I can probably live with it

Zajacs Bowl Cut 12-21-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 56723881)
So many current and former Hawks have looked like tools this entire lockout

Patrick Kane so far has been only reasonable/well spoken current/ex hawk

Frankly at this point if Toews/Bolland never play for Hawks again I can probably live with it

..............

Blackhawkswincup 12-21-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut (Post 56724085)
..............

Bolland wanting Bettman dead was just as vile as Chelios wanting harm to come to Bettman and his family

Really lost alot of respect for Bolland just like I was never as much a fan of Cheli after his comments (Before he was one of my favs)

And Toews being a Fehr mouthpiece talking all Fehr PR points thru this in media is turning me against him

I have been advocating trading Bolland in past (Overpaid , Bad back , Too streaky) ,, If Toews were moved it would suck for franchise but it wouldn't be anything as bad as the day Roenick was traded

Sad really because before the last few months I really thought Toews was the type of player young hockey players should look up too ,, But it is clear he had no understanding of real world with his comments in recent months

DatBoyJPP 12-21-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 56724147)
If Toews were moved it would suck for franchise but it wouldn't be anything as bad as the day Roenick was traded

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Sir Fenwick Corsi 12-21-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 56723881)
So many current and former Hawks have looked like tools this entire lockout

Patrick Kane so far has been only reasonable/well spoken current/ex hawk

Frankly at this point if Toews/Bolland never play for Hawks again I can probably live with it

That really has to suck. So many games have been missed that I kind of don't even miss hockey all that much tbh. You get so used to it that it just doesn't really matter. But what really irritates me is knowing that it will be next to impossible for me to be excited for these guys when they do start playing again. I don't relate to these players or their fight, and it would be so much worse if there were idiot quotes coming from the Devils' players. I'm at least grateful that they've stayed away from the negative press.

Blackhawkswincup 12-21-2012 04:41 PM

Can someone explain to me why NHLPA and media keep bringing up "How wonderful" baseball model is?

Go talk to Royal/Pirate/Blue Jay/Marlin , etc fan about how wonderful MLB financial setup is

Zajacs Bowl Cut 12-21-2012 04:41 PM

you do know Toews is only 24

right?

he will only get better. and he ALREADY has led you to a Stanley cup.

man, tough crowd.

Blackhawkswincup 12-21-2012 04:42 PM

I lived thru Bill Wirtz ,, I can live life as a Hawk fan without Toews

Some people are saying how they wont care for NHL again ,, I will always love Blackhawks

Some of the players especially many of the Ex/Current Hawks will be very hard to cheer for again

Zajacs Bowl Cut 12-21-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 56724231)
Can someone explain to me why NHLPA and media keep bringing up "How wonderful" baseball model is?

Go talk to Royal/Pirate/Blue Jay/Marlin , etc fan about how wonderful MLB financial setup is

you're not that naive, are you?

those teams ALL make money. they take money from revenue sharing from teams like the yankees, dodgers, phillies, etc. that actually make a profit. and then they don't use it (well at least in the case of PIT, KC, OAK, etc.)

come on.

goalvalchuk17 12-21-2012 04:43 PM

How many lockouts have there been in the MLB recently? There's less wealthy teams in every league, even the nfl. Look at the rams for example. Just the way it is.

apice3* 12-21-2012 04:46 PM

Don't some of those Euro leagues have rules regarding how many NHL players you can have on a roster? Could have sworn I read the KHL only allows 3 players on an NHL contract per team during lockouts to prevent the real KHL players from being shafted out of jobs. Or something like that.

Going to Europe to play is probably not fun if you have a wife and kids in North America. The talent is also diluted. If I were an NHL elite, I would probably get bored after a while.

Blackhawkswincup 12-21-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nona weisbaum (Post 56724227)
That really has to suck. So many games have been missed that I kind of don't even miss hockey all that much tbh. You get so used to it that it just doesn't really matter. But what really irritates me is knowing that it will be next to impossible for me to be excited for these guys when they do start playing again. I don't relate to these players or their fight, and it would be so much worse if there were idiot quotes coming from the Devils' players. I'm at least grateful that they've stayed away from the negative press.

Really sucks for Hawk fans

- Brouwers continued idiot remarks
- Versteeg comparing Daly/Fehr to cancer
- Toews clear lack of understanding how real world works
- Monty's been as bad as the "Lockout problems" crowd with his complaining
- Jamal Mayers being one of Fehr's right hand men pushting for hardline stance
- Bolland cheerfully supporting harm to Bettman

Just really sucks ,, Like I said only Hawk to speak like an adult and actually sound like someone speaking from heart this lockout is Patrick Kane

HeliDevil 12-21-2012 04:47 PM

If you don't want Toews, we'll take him.

Blackhawkswincup 12-21-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut (Post 56724269)
you're not that naive, are you?

those teams ALL make money. they take money from revenue sharing from teams like the yankees, dodgers, phillies, etc. that actually make a profit. and then they don't use it (well at least in the case of PIT, KC, OAK, etc.)

come on.

Fehr's economic model encourages the great divide and supports owners rights to not spend money on product

NHL with a Fehr model would go back to what it was in late 90's/early 00's when the Oilers/Flames/etc were the farm system of NHL

DatBoyJPP 12-21-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 (Post 56724285)
How many lockouts have there been in the MLB recently? There's less wealthy teams in every league, even the nfl. Look at the rams for example. Just the way it is.

On a bad year the Buffalo Bills make $212 million. Not a great example


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.