HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Leafs-Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1310779)

TmlHockeyFan 12-22-2012 08:46 AM

Leafs-Canucks
 
Not a Luongo trade thread.

Franson for Tanev (hometown boy for hometown boy)

or

Liles for Tanev

What would you find to be a fair trade for him?

I'd like to see this in our future

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Rielly-Gardiner
Tanev-Ranger

WeridAl 12-22-2012 09:04 AM

I thought the Leafs needed some grit on the back end and not another PMD. Liles might do it, but his contract would scare the Canucks off. Franson would be more of a insult, it would be safe to say the Canucks pass on this one.

ZKassian9 12-22-2012 10:07 AM

No thanks from a Canucks fan. Tanev has unreal potential and you can't teach his poise. Like Bieksa said when Tanev was playing in the Stanley Cup Finals as a rookie, "he looks like he could smoke a cigarette while playing he is so calm".

Linden* 12-22-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZKassian9 (Post 56738567)
No thanks from a Canucks fan. Tanev has unreal potential and you can't teach his poise. Like Bieksa said when Tanev was playing in the Stanley Cup Finals as a rookie, "he looks like he could smoke a cigarette while playing he is so calm".

unreal potential is an exaggeration, but I could easily see him turning out as a solid top 4 guy, he is already a borderline top 4 guy right now. He thinks the game really well, if he can improve his offensive game he will turn out as a great defenseman for us.

Value is there, but I wouldn't trade Tanev for Franson. Call me a homer, but I think it's best if both teams keep their guys.

Nuckles 12-22-2012 11:46 AM

Canucks are trying to win now, no reason for us to trade for a worse player who may be better in a couple of years.

Phion Keneuf 12-22-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles37 (Post 56740623)
Canucks are trying to win now, no reason for us to trade for a worse player who may be better in a couple of years.

Lol wut?

I assume you are talking about Franson, but he also offered Liles.

I would do Franson, but no way would I trade Liles from a Leafs POV

Nuckles 12-22-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 56740745)
Lol wut?

I assume you are talking about Franson, but he also offered Liles.

I would do Franson, but no way would I trade Liles from a Leafs POV

Yes, I was talking about Franson.
But I doubt the Canucks would do it if it was Liles. There is no way they would carry 6 defensemen making over $3 mil per year.

Seatoo 12-22-2012 12:05 PM

From a Canucks fan's POV the value is terrible. Tanev has nerves of steel and has the potential of Hamhuis. Franson doesn't bring much to the table, I see him as a RHD of Alberts.

Tanev for Liles?

No to that as well mostly from a cap and age pov, Liles would be an ok piece in a deal for a certain goalie but not in this situation.

MAK19 12-22-2012 12:05 PM

Couver says no. Tanev is younger, and better than both already. Ridiculous proposal

WTFMAN99 12-22-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 56740947)
From a Canucks fan's POV the value is terrible. Tanev has nerves of steel and has the potential of Hamhuis. Franson doesn't bring much to the table, I see him as a RHD of Alberts.

Tanev for Liles?

No to that as well mostly from a cap and age pov, Liles would be an ok piece in a deal for a certain goalie but not in this situation.

Holy...I like Tanev as a leaf fan as well, but to say potential of Hamhuis...homer glasses much?

Phion Keneuf 12-22-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles37 (Post 56740851)
Yes, I was talking about Franson.
But I doubt the Canucks would do it if it was Liles. There is no way they would carry 6 defensemen making over $3 mil per year.

Fair enough

StringerBell 12-22-2012 12:33 PM

Tanev for Franson is good enough value, but I think I'd rather keep Tanev for his defensive prowess.

Seatoo 12-22-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 (Post 56740999)
Holy...I like Tanev as a leaf fan as well, but to say potential of Hamhuis...homer glasses much?

Yes, his top end potential is like Hamhuis, his ceiling is like Hamhuis. Yeesh I didnt say he is the second coming of Bobby Orr or anything.


In terms of size and play style they are fairly similar. Stay at home D-men with a much much stronger defensive game than offensive.

Drop the Sopel 12-22-2012 12:36 PM

No interest in Liles. The cap is expected to go down and the Canucks will have to scratch and claw to get under that $60mil - without Liles.

Franson for Tanev is a no go as well. Tanev has just come too far over the last 3 years to let go of at this point. Looks like a sure-fire top 4 dman in the making IMO.

I would only consider moving Tanev if it addressed one of the Canucks 2 biggest needs - 3rd line centreman or 2nd line RW. And none of Bozak, Connolly, Kadri or MacArthur would get it done.

There just isn't a deal to be made here at this point. It would take a JVR to pry him out...

ACC1224 12-22-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 56741151)
Fair enough


I'd do Liles + for Luongo.

Liles, Bozak would be enough.

Drop the Sopel 12-22-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC1224 (Post 56741491)
Liles, Bozak would be enough.

Yeah, it might be enough to get you Ballard and Raymond.

Seatoo 12-22-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel (Post 56741697)
Yeah, it might be enough to get you Ballard and Raymond.

Or Lack, Rai and Sauve.

spiny norman 12-22-2012 01:02 PM

A Reminder
 
Please keep any Luongo talk in the Luongo thread.

Thank you.

Vankiller Whale 12-22-2012 01:04 PM

Tanev for Franson in theory might make sense, but I think most Canucks fans like him too much to include him in any fair 1-for-1 deals.

We have no use for Liles though, and he has more value than Tanev right now anyways.

TOGuy14 12-22-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 56740949)
Couver says no. Tanev is younger, and better than both already. Ridiculous proposal

Tanev is better than Franson.

Tanev is definitely NOT better than Liles

ZKassian9 12-22-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGuy14 (Post 56741895)
Tanev is better than Franson.

Tanev is definitely NOT better than Liles

Tanev is also 10 years younger, low caphit and will be a better player.
Tanev, mid prospect, 2nd for Gardiner.
As for Franson, he can't make a last placed Leafs team but he is going to make a 1st place Canucks team??

Drop the Sopel 12-22-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGuy14 (Post 56741895)
Tanev is definitely NOT better than Liles

Better defensively than Liles and a better use of cap space though. He's also a RH shooting, right side guy, which is where Vancouver is thin. Hamhuis, Edler, Garrison and Ballard are all LH shooting, left side guys - where does Liles fit here?

Phion Keneuf 12-22-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZKassian9 (Post 56742053)
Tanev is also 10 years younger, low caphit and will be a better player.
Tanev, mid prospect, 2nd for Gardiner.
As for Franson, he can't make a last placed Leafs team but he is going to make a 1st place Canucks team??

That proposal is laughable.

Last placed leafs team. Sure.

WeridAl 12-22-2012 01:33 PM

Just have to read this evaluation of Franson and you will know why the Canucks want nothing to do with him.

http://theleafsnation.com/2012/9/18/franson

Phion Keneuf 12-22-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 56742509)
Just have to read this evaluation of Franson and you will know why the Canucks want nothing to do with him.

http://theleafsnation.com/2012/9/18/franson

The article says he's a 3rd pairing guy who can play PP

What exactly is Tanev?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.