HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Wrestling (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Things that wrestling fans say that annoy you. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1311027)

Megahab 12-23-2012 12:49 AM

Things that wrestling fans say that annoy you.

What common things did you hear/read wrestling fans say that annoy you?

-"Cena should turn heel."

-When fans chant "you f'd up" when a wrestler messes up a move.

-"You can't wrestle" chants...especially when directed at Cena. Pro wrestling isn't all about in-ring performance.

-When fans call wrestlers by their real name, such as someone referring to Hulk Hogan as Terry, or CM Punk as Phil.

-When fans call wrestlers by their indy names, like some people still referring to Daniel Bryan as Bryan Danielson.

-When fans say that WWE should get rid of the PG stuff, as if that alone will improve the product. These fans seem to forget that WWE existed before the Attitude era.

TwistedWristah 12-23-2012 01:00 AM

This will end well.

Morozov 12-23-2012 01:10 AM

http://www.memecreator.org/static/im...mes/874649.jpg

Mister Wood 12-23-2012 01:52 AM

I just think that the WHAT? chants can get old. Especially if the wrestlers refuse to play off it, and if it's the only real noise the crowd makes otherwise.

Axman 12-23-2012 06:35 AM

I'll say the thing that annoys me the most is when the IWC is the one to decide who it's cool or fashionable to root for and who not to root for as if its not a matter of opinion but fact.

M4TR1X 12-23-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megahab (Post 56754557)
What common things did you hear/read wrestling fans say that annoy you?

-"Cena should turn heel."

-When fans chant "you f'd up" when a wrestler messes up a move.

-"You can't wrestle" chants...especially when directed at Cena. Pro wrestling isn't all about in-ring performance.

-When fans call wrestlers by their real name, such as someone referring to Hulk Hogan as Terry, or CM Punk as Phil.

-When fans call wrestlers by their indy names, like some people still referring to Daniel Bryan as Bryan Danielson.

-When fans say that WWE should get rid of the PG stuff, as if that alone will improve the product. These fans seem to forget that WWE existed before the Attitude era.

Why is saying Cena should turn heel annoying? Changing the face of WWE would really shake things up. When Hogan changed in WCW, wrestling changed forever.

You can't wrestle chants at Cena makes sense when being extremely repetitive.

Perhaps many saw Daniel Bryan before his WWE days? Tis they still refer to him by his old name. I know I still called Scott Hall Razor Ramon when he was in WCW.

The attitude era was the pinnacle for many wrestling fans today. I am pretty sure if WWE changed away from PG that the product would improve. It's not the only solution but it's definitely something agrees on to make WWE more entertaining.

AfroThunder396 12-23-2012 09:27 AM

When they tell me my opinions are annoying.

Bad Natey 12-23-2012 10:28 AM

Ummm... No Pro Wrestling isn't about just wrestling. But when someone is wrestling a match and people chant "you can't wrestle" .. It means they suck in-ring. "You can't wrestle" is referring strictly to in-ring performance.

Axman 12-23-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB (Post 56758049)
Ummm... No Pro Wrestling isn't about just wrestling. But when someone is wrestling a match and people chant "you can't wrestle" .. It means they suck in-ring. "You can't wrestle" is referring strictly to in-ring performance.

I think some of it is the fan's reaction to the wrestler just as some would chant "you suck" to Kurt Angle and even "Cody's mustache" to Cody Rhodes. It's the fans way of interacting with the performers and being part of the show. I'm not a member of Cenation myself but I think some of it is unwarranted and based on dislike of Cena's character.

The Shockmaster 12-23-2012 11:45 AM

When people make predictions for PPVs, I hate it when a poster refers to a wrestler by a nickname. i.e:

Great White
Y2J
Danielson
Intellectual Savior of the Masses

OmniSens 12-23-2012 01:41 PM

Anything against The Rock.

:sarcasm:

KesselBuiltMyHotrod 12-23-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheamusFan (Post 56759171)
When people make predictions for PPVs, I hate it when a poster refers to a wrestler by a nickname. i.e:

Danielson

That's his real name.

The Shockmaster 12-23-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod (Post 56762661)
That's his real name.

I know. Same thing goes for indy names

Morozov 12-23-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syn Shadow (Post 56757123)
Perhaps many saw Daniel Bryan before his WWE days? Tis they still refer to him by his old name. I know I still called Scott Hall Razor Ramon when he was in WCW.

Pretty much this, if you watch a guy for years as one name then for some it's just automatic to continue to say that name. When I see "Seth Rollins" I don't see Seth Rollins I see Tyler Black.

I still call "Meta World Peace" Ron Artest, same story.

duckchobbins 12-23-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morozov (Post 56766049)
Pretty much this, if you watch a guy for years as one name then for some it's just automatic to continue to say that name. When I see "Seth Rollins" I don't see Seth Rollins I see Tyler Black.

I still call "Meta World Peace" Ron Artest, same story.

Yeah I go back and forth on things like this. For the most part I refer to DBBD as Daniel Bryan, but I do slip with Bryan Danielson sometimes. Same with Rollins/Black.

TheMurdocktor 12-23-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheamusFan (Post 56759171)

Great White
Y2J
Danielson
Intellectual Savior of the Masses

Hey! Don't insult my gimmick on here!

Big Poppa Puck 12-23-2012 11:19 PM

This pertains to non-wrestling fans but I'll still put it here.

"Wrestling is fake and scripted, you're not 10 any more."

Well no **** **** Sherlock. I even knew wrestling was fake when I was 10. I watch it for entertainment value. It's really no different than watching any other TV show. I don't watch it thinking it's the NHL.

FromTheSide 12-23-2012 11:32 PM

"____ About to be buired by Triple H"

When infact triple H has been buried so many times to the absolute most ridiculous jobbers it's incredible.

The Shockmaster 12-24-2012 12:10 AM

- bRing bak teh attude era!!1!!

Fro 12-24-2012 12:54 PM

cenawinslol.jpeg :sarcasm:

kevinsane 12-24-2012 11:06 PM

"If this was real, _____ would win!"
No. If this was real they'd both be doing time in a federal correctional facility.

BackGroundMusic 12-24-2012 11:56 PM

Feed me more.

So ****ing stupid.

Robbler 12-25-2012 12:00 PM

It's annoying but hilariously annoying because anyone who thinks it is a god damn idiot:

Ziggler is championship material :laugh:

The Shockmaster 12-25-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichterBromont (Post 56796589)
It's annoying but hilariously annoying because anyone who thinks it is a god damn idiot:

Ziggler is championship material :laugh:

Why do you think that he isn't?

M.C.G. 31 12-25-2012 12:18 PM

thank you for giving me a laugh first thing i wake up! That was funny :laugh: