HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Adam Dennis / 2005 Canadian WJC team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1311069)

HockeySensible 12-23-2012 07:01 AM

Adam Dennis / 2005 Canadian WJC team

Why wasn't he invited to Canada's camp that year? Of the goaltenders invited to that camp - Devan Dubnyuk, Rejean Beauchemin, Kevin Nastiuk, Jeff Glass - only Jeff Glass had a Sv% above .914 (.932) with their club team. Adam Dennis, of course, was part of that ridiculously stacked London Knights team during the lockout, but also boasted a .930Sv% in 23 games with Guelph, including a 48-save shutout against London, on the night they broke the ubeaten streak in the CHL, before joining London via trade where he went on to post a 1.50 GAA and .951Sv% the rest of the season.

I'm not saying Dennis should have been the starter, or even saying he should have been on that team, but I have no idea why he wasn't invited to Canada's camp. He was the most dominant goaltender in the OHL that year.

Orange Thunder 12-23-2012 08:40 AM

Jeff Glass, thats a blast from the past.
Anyway, with those stats I would've atleast invited the kid to camp.

Izzy 12-23-2012 08:51 AM

Could be for the same reason Elliot won't be a hero for his country anytime soon. They were pretty sure it was just the team around him

Vasilevskiy 12-23-2012 09:09 AM

I have no idea

HockeySensible 12-23-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fst6 (Post 56756855)
Could be for the same reason Elliot won't be a hero for his country anytime soon. They were pretty sure it was just the team around him

But, like I said in the OP, Dennis posted outstanding numbers for Guelph before he was traded to London in the same season. I still remember the game when London tied the ubeaten streak record.. Dennis was absolutely insane that night. I mean, a 48-save shutout against the best Junior team, IMO, ever? He was ridiculous that season. Not to mention, he also had a Mem. Cup appearance on his resume from the previous season.

bruinsfan46 12-23-2012 03:28 PM

He was an unconventional goalie and had never played for Team Canada before. Similar to Houser never playing for US.

Call me Suds 12-25-2012 04:39 PM

Obviously because he refused to go. He wanted to play for Italy :sarcasm:

Serious answer, head coach that year was Sutter (WHL) and the goalie coach was Ian Clark (Vancouver Canucks) so they likely went with guys they were a bit more familiar with.

Dubnyk, Glass, Beauchemin, Nastiuk were all WHL goalers.

Jeff Glass was absolutely lights out that season. Beauchemin was on a below average Prince Albert team and was doing alright. Beauch had also played at the U17s and U18. Dubnyk was a first round pick and being prepped for the next season (they weren't counting on Pogge lol)

Honestly though, looking at the pool of talent they had to pick from at FWD and D, they likely didn't care about the goalies lol