HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   NFL: Coach Of The Year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1311247)

Big Poppa Puck 12-23-2012 08:35 PM

Coach Of The Year

Couldn't find a thread on it so if there is one, mods, just move this.

I'm assuming it's already a lock for Arians/Pagano but I'd have to imagine Leslie Frazier is in the discussion.

I know AD has carried the team on his back and deserves most of the credit but I think Frazier deserves some recognition.

Here's what I said in August about Frazier:

Quote:

If the Vikings win less than 5 games Frazier is probably gone.

7 probably saves him. If he wins 5 or 6 it depends on if the team shows signs of improvement.

If the Vikes make the playoffs they should erect a statue in his honor.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=932

The marble has been ordered. :sarcasm: :laugh:

As a cynical Vikings fan I'm ready for the choke job next week in typical Vikings fashion. But regardless of that outcome, Frazier has done a great job getting this team to 9 wins, especially with Christian Ponder at the helm. Coming off a 3 win season and many (including myself) seeing then as a 5-6 win team this year tops.

MurrayBannerman 12-23-2012 08:45 PM

Arians

PanthersPens62 12-23-2012 08:55 PM

Arians/Pagano
Frazier
Pete Carroll

King Woodballs 12-23-2012 09:23 PM

Would love to see frazier
But seriously doubt he gets it

G F O P 12-23-2012 09:59 PM

OP also said anyone saying the Vikings winning the division should "get an infraction"

Anyway it'll probably be Fox or one of the top teams

Maybe smith

worstfaceoffmanever 12-23-2012 10:21 PM

Peyton Manning. :sarcasm:

Live in the Now 12-23-2012 10:25 PM

Pete Carroll. Built his team up from nothing, aren't just a winning team but now becoming a dominant one on both sides of the ball.

Leslie Frazier getting his team to 9 wins is more reflective of the guy in their backfield than quality coaching.

Fire Sweeney 12-23-2012 10:27 PM

Carole

Clowe Me 12-23-2012 10:39 PM

Pagano or Shanahan.

StringerBell 12-23-2012 10:54 PM

I think Carroll has a good case. Almost every player on the Seahawks have more than lived up to expectations this year.

Big Poppa Puck 12-23-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixcuincle (Post 56774137)
OP also said anyone saying the Vikings winning the division should "get an infraction"

Anyway it'll probably be Fox or one of the top teams

Maybe smith

Well they didn't/can't win the division. So I was right there. :p:

If I said "picking them to finish anything other than last in the division deserves an infraction" then I'd be eating even more crow. :laugh:

EpochLink 12-23-2012 11:25 PM

Carroll has brought defence back to Seattle, he's come along way from 2 years ago.

Big Poppa Puck 12-23-2012 11:30 PM

FWIW it's worth I think it should be Arians/Pagano. But I'd probably put Frazier 2nd. The other options:

Carroll - weren't that terrible with Tarvaris Jackson last year. Have one more win than they should. ;) Definitely in the Top 3 though.
Shanahan- He's up there and has a good chance.
Fox- won 8 with Tebow last year and I'd said Manning is more the reason for the improvement. Not slighting Fox though.

Then you have Belichick, Harbaugh, Kubiak, M.Smith, McCarthy.

Rhaego 12-23-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel (Post 56775809)
FWIW it's worth I think it should be Arians/Pagano. But I'd probably put Frazier 2nd. The other options:

Carroll - weren't that terrible with Tarvaris Jackson last year. Have one more win than they should. ;) Definitely in the Top 3 though.
Fox- won 8 with Tebow last year and I'd said Manning is more the reason for the improvement. Not slighting Fox though.

I completely agree ;)

Except the Frazier. He was an idiot with his play calling/scheming early this year. He's also not developed Ponder at all (who may be the worst qb in the league) and is lucky that AD isn't human

MurrayBannerman 12-23-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockies94 (Post 56775913)
Don't know why John Fox wouldn't be in this conversation especially if you consider the bolded

Look slightly above them.

Rhaego 12-23-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 56775935)
Look slightly above them.

:facepalm:

Hasbro 12-24-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel (Post 56775809)

I'd almost consider Shanny more for Exec of the year. He made the deal for Griffin and got Snyder to back off.

No Fun Shogun 12-24-2012 12:45 AM

Arians

PDO 12-24-2012 12:52 AM

John Harbaugh hasn't had Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis on the field together for a single snap.

He lost one of the best cover corners in football in Week 6.

He's only had TWO (!) starters on D play every single game.

... he still won the division.

No team in football has been hit by injuries harder than the Ravens, yet they've consistently had the next man up step up and knocked the defending champs out of the playoffs today. Heckuva job for the 5th year coach that's never missed the playoffs.

A lot of mentions for teams that had great bounce back years... but that's also a huge factor of the schedule. Indy has beaten two teams that have had a better than .500 record all year. Minnesota 3.

Ravens have beaten Cincy, New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh and NYG.

Pajicz 12-24-2012 03:53 AM

After watching Seahawks beat my Niners last night, my vote goes to Carroll. He's done a great job there.

darko 12-24-2012 05:56 AM

Pagano or Carroll for me.

kingsholygrail 12-24-2012 10:05 AM

Pete Carroll. I loathe having the Niners face him now on a regular basis, but I'm still a fan from his USC days. He's really helped turn around the Seahawks when nobody thought he had any business in the NFL.

Clowe Me 12-24-2012 09:30 PM

Carroll will only have a chance if they somehow win the West (next to impossible), and the Redskins lose to Dallas. If Seattle fails to get a miracle and Dallas wins the NFC East, I think Pagano gets it.

Blackhawkswincup 12-25-2012 12:01 PM

I think Shanahan gets it

RGIII impact and reviving the dead Skins franchise will get him alot of votes

SwordsgoneWild 12-25-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowe Me (Post 56791019)
Carroll will only have a chance if they somehow win the West (next to impossible), and the Redskins lose to Dallas. If Seattle fails to get a miracle and Dallas wins the NFC East, I think Pagano gets it.

I would have to agree with you. No way in hell San Fran lets a guy signed off the street (Hoyer) come in and beat them on there turf. San Fran will demolish the Cards this week and win the Division.

Rematch in San Fran for the NFC Championship (Seattle):sarcasm: