HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Inline or foot hockey leagues-Delaware County (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=131151)

jb** 02-21-2005 03:12 PM

Inline or foot hockey leagues-Delaware County

Does anyone know of any leagues for roller or foot hockey in Delaware county?

mercury 02-21-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb
Does anyone know of any leagues for roller or foot hockey in Delaware county?

I know there are deck hockey leagues at the Family Fun Spot in Aston. My friends had a team back in high school.

jb** 02-21-2005 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury
I know there are deck hockey leagues at the Family Fun Spot in Aston. My friends had a team back in high school.

How long ago was that? Thanks

mercury 02-21-2005 05:58 PM

Probably 5 years. I would believe they are still there.

John Flyers Fan 02-21-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury
Probably 5 years. I would believe they are still there.

Yes, they are still there, and recently upgraded the facility and it's now enclosed with a roof and walls. They have two rinks, one used for roller hockey and the other played on foot.

I played there with some frieds for a few years, but moved to Bucks COunty about two years ago, too far to drive now.

jb** 02-21-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Yes, they are still there, and recently upgraded the facility and it's now enclosed with a roof and walls. They have two rinks, one used for roller hockey and the other played on foot.

I played there with some frieds for a few years, but moved to Bucks COunty about two years ago, too far to drive now.

I am the opposite form bucks to delaware

54fightin 02-21-2005 06:53 PM

inline rinks

I don't know the name of the facility but there is inline hockey in an industrial park in the Marple Newtown area, off Glendale Road. I coach ice hockey and I know some of the kids I coach have played there. I will try to get you more information if I can. Also, ICELINE ice rink in West Chester has inline in the summer. You can call the rink

mercury 02-21-2005 10:17 PM

My best friend from grade school was on the team, and he once got tossed from a game for fighting. He then jumped back on the rink when someone took a run at one of the smaller guys, and got into another fight, after which he was banned for the season. Gotta love 15-year-old deck hockey kids.

Flyers26 02-22-2005 10:12 AM

In Bucks County, off Street Road, there is the Sportsplex. It's by the Buck Hotel, if you are familiar with the area.
They have street & inline leagues.

jb** 02-22-2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
In Bucks County, off Street Road, there is the Sportsplex. It's by the Buck Hotel, if you are familiar with the area.
They have street & inline leagues.

I play there just will be out of my way now. Need a closer place thanks.