HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WJC: Yakupov ready to keep " His Cool" against "Dirty" Canadians (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1311867)

DatsyukOwns 12-26-2012 01:59 AM

Yakupov ready to keep " His Cool" against "Dirty" Canadians

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412253

Story above. Interesting choice of words. Looking to be a good game on monday

Systemfel 12-26-2012 02:19 AM

Good for him.

Dynamo81 12-26-2012 02:23 AM

The cheap shots Canada took at Russia in that third period in the semi final last year was disgraceful, refs let them get away with it in the third period too.

jgoud 12-26-2012 02:25 AM

Even last year, he got interviewed after the game against Canada and he was the happiest russian player that day. He answered all questions with "We beat them, we're better". I'm extremely excited to watch him play.

TheJuxtaposer 12-26-2012 02:25 AM

Personally, I'm hoping for a slap-fight between Yakupov and RNH.

I am the Liquor 12-26-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo81 (Post 56804943)
The cheap shots Canada took at Russia in that third period in the semi final last year was disgraceful, refs let them get away with it in the third period too.

Refs let them get away with it?

I guess the five and a game for a tap on the belly is letting them get away with it?

Dynamo81 12-26-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 56804987)
Refs let them get away with it?

I guess the five and a game for a tap on the belly is letting them get away with it?

Before you get your panties in a bunch I am talking about the third period.. The officiating last year was quite good, still crap for both sides but better than usual. The third period was dirty especially the punch aimed at the face right in front of the official who pretended not to see it.

The Huber call was a joke too.

Dynamo81 12-26-2012 02:33 AM

This is what I am talking about.

joe89 12-26-2012 02:40 AM

Canada doesn't have the intimidating factor to play out anymore anyway. It was built on winning for so many consecutive years. Plus, they've sent a skill team this year. The clip above was a selfish play that just hurt their team.

Xokkeu 12-26-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo81 (Post 56805091)
This is what I am talking about.

That should of been a penalty. Now that I think about it I seem to remember thinking the refs were letting a lot of stuff to for the Canadians in that third period since they were getting annihilated.

Dynamo81 12-26-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xokkeu (Post 56805297)
That should of been a penalty. Now that I think about it I seem to remember thinking the refs were letting a lot of stuff to for the Canadians in that third period since they were getting annihilated.

Yeah, Kuznestov was hacked on a break away too :laugh:

I am the Liquor 12-26-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo81 (Post 56805025)
Before you get your panties in a bunch I am talking about the third period.. The officiating last year was quite good, still crap for both sides but better than usual. The third period was dirty especially the punch aimed at the face right in front of the official who pretended not to see it.

The Huber call was a joke too.

Quit your whining.

The calls were made, your team won, but you still cry about the officiating?:shakehead

Xokkeu 12-26-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo81 (Post 56805311)
Yeah, Kuznestov was hacked on a break away too :laugh:

I remember now thinking eh, doesn't matter game is over. That's why refs need to call penalties when they occur. I never understood this stupid idea that don't let refs decide the game. There was a college game a few years ago Minnesota vs somebody I can't remember. They were in ot and it became clear that refs were not going to call anything. One guy had a breakaway and was clearly and obviously tripped. Another guy just tackled somebody football style.

Dynamo81 12-26-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 56805341)
Quit your whining.

The calls were made, your team won, but you still cry about the officiating?:shakehead

Shifting goal posts I see :laugh::laugh:

[img]http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww138/maestor_2009/********.png[/img]
This thread is about Yakupov calling Canada dirty, last time he played Canada he would have seen some dirty hits by Canadian players. Also I said the officiating was bad for both sides but was horrible in the third.

I don't consider myself Russian, I grew up and was educated in the West, I have spent the last 6 years of my life working in Moscow. I do have an interest in Russian hockey though.

The Latvian 12-26-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xokkeu (Post 56805297)

Ya 2 minutes for both sides. Roughing for Canada and unsportsmanlike for Russia.

Dynamo81 12-26-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xokkeu (Post 56805345)
I remember now thinking eh, doesn't matter game is over. That's why refs need to call penalties when they occur. I never understood this stupid idea that don't let refs decide the game. There was a college game a few years ago Minnesota vs somebody I can't remember. They were in ot and it became clear that refs were not going to call anything. One guy had a breakaway and was clearly and obviously tripped. Another guy just tackled somebody football style.

:laugh::laugh: Yeah it is quite funny how they switch off to avoid the spotlight, your OT example is hilarious :laugh:

Q Continuum 12-26-2012 03:13 AM

Lol, what a joke.

Sorry if you can't handle some hard hitting hockey.

The Canadians need to be careful in that game. The Russians are going to be bawling full tilt at every tap, they need to keep their composure and play.

Royal Canuck 12-26-2012 03:13 AM

Nail made his comments, now he has to back that up, especially with Jenner coming back for the game against Russia he'd better keep his head up, Jenner hits hard.

Lars The GOAT Eller 12-26-2012 03:16 AM

He's right

stlblues9 12-26-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roooney (Post 56805439)
Ya 2 minutes for both sides. Roughing for Canada and unsportsmanlike for Russia.

I was thinking the same thing, 2 min for roughing and 2 min for delay of game, or diving, or unsportsmanlike (take your pick). No way he should have stayed down on that play.

LiquidSnake 12-26-2012 03:17 AM

Yakupov already complaining that he isnt getting star treatment in a jr tournament? good luck with that buddy.

Most players just man up and play through it.

EchoesoftheEighties 12-26-2012 03:34 AM

I think he just meant they play a really physical/gritty game and didn't know how to say it properly so he said dirty.

The Latvian 12-26-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties (Post 56805863)
I think he just meant they play a really physical/gritty game and didn't know how to say it properly so he said dirty.

That's a very good point and should not be over looked. Though he has played in North America for two years but who knows.

Royal Canuck 12-26-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties (Post 56805863)

:laugh: yeah sure, we'll stick with that..

EchoesoftheEighties 12-26-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 56805913)
:laugh: yeah sure, we'll stick with that..

Aha just saying it's a possibility.