HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Germany 3, Canada 9 • Part II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1311891)

The Head Crusher 12-26-2012 04:55 AM

Group B • Dec. 26 • Germany 3, Canada 9 • Part II

Continue here

SillyRabbit 12-26-2012 05:06 AM

Steve Spott getting completely bailed out by the top line of Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele.

His decisions such as giving Murphy top pairing minutes, not giving Rielly more playing time despite his excellent play today, and unwavering determination to give MacKinnon less than 5 minutes of ice time, are evolving from baffling to simply idiotic.

Bobby G 12-26-2012 05:07 AM

That McNeill turnover was so pathetic. Anyone have a link to ice times?

Krishna 12-26-2012 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by FlareKnight
At least our top line is able to outscore our problems right now.

But will they be able to outscore the problems against USA and russia?

Jabba11 12-26-2012 05:07 AM

I really like the 1st line chemistry. If they keep this up throughout the tournament, other teams are going to be really scared.

Gigantor The Goalie 12-26-2012 05:07 AM

Great play on that goal by all three linemates. RNH and Huberdeau with beauty passes and Scheifele with the finish.

Jacob8hockey* 12-26-2012 05:07 AM

Maybe there wouldn't be 3 goals for Germany if our D (Harrington and Hamilton) were not dead tired from being out for 30 minutes and then giving the every 3rd shift to the next pairing who will be off their game by the time they get back on.

Bobby G 12-26-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob8hockey (Post 56808367)
Maybe there wouldn't be 3 goals for Germany if our D (Harrington and Hamilton) were not dead tired from being out for 30 minutes and then giving the every 3rd shift to the next pairing who will be off their game.

Please post the exact same thing more. We get that you're upset the Leafs golden boy is not out there more.

Calm down Leaf fans

FlareKnight 12-26-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 56808349)
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
At least our top line is able to outscore our problems right now.

But will they be able to outscore the problems against USA and russia?

That would be the key question wouldn't it :laugh:?

Somehow my memory is thinking that it won't. Canada seriously needs a collective effort here. That and maybe a coach who has a clue....

Riellyfan04 12-26-2012 05:09 AM

Spott will lose us the gold medal watch.. guy is a **** coach..

Jacob8hockey* 12-26-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyG (Post 56808373)
Please post the exact same thing more. We get that you're upset the Leafs golden boy is not out there more

Maybe there wouldn't be 3 goals for Germany if our D (Harrington and Hamilton) were not dead tired from being out for 30 minutes and then giving the every 3rd shift to the next pairing who will be off their game.

To add to that its not just Leafs fan saying this, and I am a Leafs fan and I will admit I want to see Rielly. Got a problem? Cool.

The Zetterberg Era 12-26-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyRabbit (Post 56808343)
Steve Spott getting completely bailed out by the top line of Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele.

His decisions such as giving Murphy top pairing minutes, not giving Rielly more playing time despite his excellent play today, and unwavering determination to give MacKinnon less than 5 minutes of ice time, are evolving from baffling to simply idiotic.

Ouellet and Rielly looked really good in the first have no idea why he shuffled the deck, especially with those two.

DatsyukOwns 12-26-2012 05:09 AM

Hopkins makes such smart plays.

Shanahanigans 12-26-2012 05:09 AM

I gotta disagree with those saying Schiefele is along for the ride with Huberdeau and RNH. He's not as skilled as both of them, obviously, but he's a puck hound. He's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Future captain material in the NHL, IMO.

TowMater14 12-26-2012 05:09 AM

Typical Nuge. You kind of expect more but he always ends up on the scoresheet. In this case with 5 points..... So far.

AwesomePanthers 12-26-2012 05:10 AM

I dont get all the love for Scheifeles game either.. he has just been there and gotten fantastic passes from RNH and Huberdeau. Huberdeau made that 7-3 goal..

JustGivingEr 12-26-2012 05:10 AM

Everyone's already said it, but the top line is playing lights out. Most of the rest of the team needs to pick it up, especially defensively.

Novak Djokovic 12-26-2012 05:10 AM

I have never complained about coaching, but yeah, this year....I'm just left scratching my head with Spott's decisions.

Jabba11 12-26-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns (Post 56808391)
Hopkins makes such smart plays.

That last goal, if you rewatch it, is all Huberdeau's 2nd effort near the boards, creating the turnover, and goes for the loose puck and drops to RNH that smartly passes to Scheifele.

Nullus Reverentia 12-26-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inewby (Post 56808299)
why the hell is reilly playing #7 minutes after being the best defencemen on the ice in the first period. spott is a joke and so is murphy

I really hope people see why I've been saying. Murphy hasn't been to blame for any goal, he's not even close to the worst defensemen defensively on this team this game, yet this post happens.

Someone please explain to me why posts like this happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the banks (Post 56808285)
Well you said:

right after the goal was scored

Because they've had bad luck and have been on the ice for some goals. You can't take a post out of context to try to say what you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 56808231)
Seriously, this is inexcusable on Canada's part. They have too much talent to be allowing Germany to do this much work against them. Hamilton has been borderline awful (seriously some people would talk about him like he could do no wrong). Oullette has been poor. Murphy has been poor. Generally a very poor effort from the defense.

EDIT: Boy is my stream late. I'm only now seeing the 7th goal.

For the most part, it hasn't been the defense's fault.

JustGivingEr 12-26-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers (Post 56808399)
I dont get all the love for Scheifeles game either.. he has just been there and gotten fantastic passes from RNH and Huberdeau. Huberdeau made that 7-3 goal..

And on his first goal? That was all Scheifele, made a great pass and then a heads up play to get it on net.

MrCraigAnderson 12-26-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 56808385)
Ouellet and Rielly looked really good in the first have no idea why he shuffled the deck, especially with those two.

They looked great on the PP. Even strength they have been okay.

TMLife 12-26-2012 05:11 AM

Sooo many reasons to doubt spott... Splitting up Mac and drouin, Murphy first line mins, Mac no ice time, rielly no ice time, subban in net. Ridiculous

DatsyukOwns 12-26-2012 05:11 AM

Yeah I totally agree. Just the other plays Hopkins knows where to be,etc.

vippe 12-26-2012 05:11 AM

Some of you are acting like it's all on Spot. It's not like he's the one to blame on everything.. except for that First Line.. not many players have been playing well no matter how the coaching is.