HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nashville-Washington Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=131273)

Vatican Roulette 02-22-2005 12:07 PM

Nashville-Washington Proposal

Nashville: Semin
Washington: Hamhuis

Reasoning: Nashville needs some more scoring punch, evident by the fact that Detroit beat them in the playoffs(knock on Detroit). A dynamic scoring winger would really put this team over the top, and Semin is ready to step in.

Washington is loaded with prospects, most of them offensive. Hamhuis would step right in and play top minutes, and judging by his play last year, that wont be a problem.

Also, Semin is doing very well in the RSL and Humhuis is one of the top d-men in the AHL, so i dont think that value is off.

comments, suggestions, tomatoes?

Pepper 02-22-2005 12:19 PM

Not a bad proposal at all, the value is there and addresses the needs of both teams very well. Can Semin play center? If yes, this would be perfect deal.

triggrman 02-22-2005 12:44 PM

I don't like it. We need centers more than wingers. We have on the Wings right now, Hartnell, Erat, Sullivan, Walker as the top scorers add Orszagh and Hall in there for checking duties and Tootoo and McKenzie to handle the rough stuff. What we need is a top 2 way center, actually we need a couple. We also have a few guys waiting in the wings with Shishkanov, Radulov and Upshall. We need centers, physical 2 way centers.

AnThGrt 02-22-2005 12:56 PM

I like it to. Semin may have a higher trade value though since he has more potential i think yet it would fill both teams needs

Marshall 02-22-2005 12:56 PM

Semin is pretty much a left wing.

Interesting proposal.

Vatican Roulette 02-22-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I don't like it. We need centers more than wingers. We have on the Wings right now, Hartnell, Erat, Sullivan, Walker as the top scorers add Orszagh and Hall in there for checking duties and Tootoo and McKenzie to handle the rough stuff. What we need is a top 2 way center, actually we need a couple. We also have a few guys waiting in the wings with Shishkanov, Radulov and Upshall. We need centers, physical 2 way centers.

1st line center that can score points and play defense, or another Legwand?

Because if thats the case, i'd toss out Richards name in there, or maybe even Halpern(not straight up for Hamhuis, Richards maybe)

Now, Lang would be perfect for Nashville IMO, but that trade would never happen within divisions and all(and certainly not Lang for Hamhuis).

Mothra 02-22-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Nashville: Semin
Washington: Hamhuis

Reasoning: Nashville needs some more scoring punch, evident by the fact that Detroit beat them in the playoffs(knock on Detroit). A dynamic scoring winger would really put this team over the top, and Semin is ready to step in.

Washington is loaded with prospects, most of them offensive. Hamhuis would step right in and play top minutes, and judging by his play last year, that wont be a problem.

Also, Semin is doing very well in the RSL and Humhuis is one of the top d-men in the AHL, so i dont think that value is off.

comments, suggestions, tomatoes?

certainly fair value IMO....but I would decline from a Capitals perspective. If I were to move Semin for D I would be looking for someone a little bit older/experienced than Hamhuis. He (Hamhuis) looks to be a great young player....but again, the Caps have some good young D coming up (prolly not Hamhuis caliber...but still very good) and as I see it someone a little more seasoned but still young would be the ideal move.....that and I am very high on Semin

Vatican Roulette 02-22-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothra
certainly fair value IMO....but I would decline from a Capitals perspective. If I were to move Semin for D I would be looking for someone a little bit older/experienced than Hamhuis. He (Hamhuis) looks to be a great young player....but again, the Caps have some good young D coming up (prolly not Hamhuis caliber...but still very good) and as I see it someone a little more seasoned but still young would be the ideal move.....that and I am very high on Semin

Jiri Fischer interest you? ;)

Mothra 02-22-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Jiri Fischer interest you? ;)

you bet.....but not for Semin

triggrman 02-22-2005 01:15 PM

Quote:

1st line center that can score points and play defense, or another Legwand?

Because if thats the case, i'd toss out Richards name in there, or maybe even Halpern(not straight up for Hamhuis, Richards maybe)

Now, Lang would be perfect for Nashville IMO, but that trade would never happen within divisions and all(and certainly not Lang for Hamhuis).

Not another Legwand, someone a little bigger stronger with a little more scoring punch, not as fast and probably not as good defensively.

triggrman 02-22-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall
Semin is pretty much a left wing.

Interesting proposal.

We really don't need any more left wingers with Sullivan, Hartnell, and Erat taking the top spots.

Again, it doesn't address Nashville's need which is a center (actually need 2 more centers), but does take away a great asset.

PredsFan77* 02-22-2005 02:46 PM

It's really a pretty even deal, but I agree with trigg on this...we are pretty set on wings, and it would be tough to give up a guy that we actually need for a guy that is good, but isn't really what we are looking for.

mercury 02-22-2005 02:54 PM

How would the Preds feel about a trade for Handzus? The Flyers could use a physical d-man and a gritty winger who can score, preferably a RW. Something along the lines of current NHL defenseman and winger prospect, or vice versa.

triggrman 02-22-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury
How would the Preds feel about a trade for Handzus? The Flyers could use a physical d-man prospect or gritty winger who can score, preferably a RW.

how about Scott Walker or Orszagh and Upshall?

mercury 02-22-2005 03:08 PM

Hmmmm. . . I like Scott Walker, but the Flyers are trying to get younger. Orszagh is interesting. I've liked Upshall every since the draft (he just looks like a player, and they call him "Devil Boy"). He has had injury problems, though, hasn't he? What about Shea Weber?

Spitfire11 02-22-2005 03:34 PM

Quote:

Not another Legwand, someone a little bigger stronger with a little more scoring punch, not as fast and probably not as good defensively.

You could risk signing Allison..

stanleycaps98 02-22-2005 03:42 PM

For as much as I love Semin, I would love to get Suter into the Caps organization. Would Semin be enough?

triggrman 02-22-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Hmmmm. . . I like Scott Walker, but the Flyers are trying to get younger. Orszagh is interesting. I've liked Upshall every since the draft (he just looks like a player, and they call him "Devil Boy"). He has had injury problems, though, hasn't he? What about Shea Weber?

Upshall has had some injury problems the last 2 seasons.

Dealing Shea Weber wouldn't make much since, as he's the only player of that type we have in the system or on the team period. We need a big physical defenseman as much as we need a center.

triggrman 02-22-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleycaps98
For as much as I love Semin, I would love to get Suter into the Caps organization. Would Semin be enough?

No. Again we don't need wingers at this point. Suter is our highest rated propect period and one a big part of our future defensive corps.

mercury 02-22-2005 04:22 PM

Handzus and Seidenberg for Orszagh and a 1st?

Vatican Roulette 02-22-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

so someone like Lang...

IkeaMonkey* 02-22-2005 06:59 PM

I'm not really a Semin fan, but I certainly am not a Hamhuis fan either. I'd definetly keep Semin from a Caps perspective.

Chimaera 02-22-2005 08:52 PM

My opinion on this one, is value wise, it's about close.

Honestly, in a year or two, I'd probably make this deal from a Caps perspective. If... if you could keep both of those two prospects in a vacuum and they were where they are now in 2 years, at the same age. I would make that only however, if the defensive prsopects the Caps that they have now do not develop as well.

Basically, to make more sense, from a Caps perspective, there are too many unknown prospects on their roster and in development to move many of those quanitites yet. The deal is going to have to be an overpayment by the other team, or for a player closer to being a certain.

From my own point of view, I also hesitate to make this deal just due to the sheer fact that the Caps will more than likely need some type of scoring of their own in the near future.

Yes, they will need defensemen, but you're not doing addition through subtraction.

Enoch 02-22-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Handzus and Seidenberg for Orszagh and a 1st?

I think I could live with that (unless the 05'06 drafts are combined into one.....)

Would a package of Hutchinson/Orszagh, or Hutch/Upshall have interest to the Flyers organization. Obviously the minute details are not hammered out.....picks, throw ins, mid-range prospects, whatever.....

Nashville doesn't need a LWer so dealing Hamhuis for one would really hurt this team. If Semin was a center, then it would be a good deal, other than that though, while value is likely close - it just doesn't fit in with the Predators plans.

barrytrotzsneck 02-22-2005 10:03 PM

I'll just reiterate what everyone else has said...

valuewise: fair.

would Nashville do it?

Probably not. Hartnell, Shishkanov and Erat are all LW's, and I have a feeling that Shishkanov, Semin and Erat all need to be on the top two lines to be effective..and Hartnell DESERVES to be on the top two lines. We need a center, and we definitely don't need anymore wings.